Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

boosted em1 or b20vtec Wow factor

Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted em1 or b20vtec Wow factor

Hey I just want to know what you guys think.

which one would be more of a WOW reaction for a EM1 when the hood is open to show people?

-Turbo B16 (Intercooler/almost everthing black)
or
-B20 Vtec swap (built head)

I dont care which one is faster or anything like that
just which one would make you say Damn look at that at a show.

Last edited by em1_civicsi; 04-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wow

Either one can get you that wow factor...Just make sure what ever you do it looks clean enough to eat off of...thats what gives me the wow factor...But in this case more people would notice whats on the outside of the motor, they wouldnt know you have a fully built head without actually talking to you. So in this case i would say turbo. And you could always do a b20vtec turbo...tahts my vote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:52 AM

Get a crashed rsx every wire and harness is interchangeable even the dashboard seats and 5 lug bolts ryte in all u need is hasport mounts no need for k pro cuz the ignition bolts in to my boy juss finished his em and its basically a em shell with full rsx suspension and motor and interior
Old 04-13-2009, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by wrestler72
Either one can get you that wow factor...Just make sure what ever you do it looks clean enough to eat off of...thats what gives me the wow factor...But in this case more people would notice whats on the outside of the motor, they wouldnt know you have a fully built head without actually talking to you. So in this case i would say turbo. And you could always do a b20vtec turbo...tahts my vote
Yeah true well right now my bay is clean I have
  • b16a swap
  • hasport mounts
  • usdm itr tranny
  • rmf header
  • v2 intake
  • i took ac/ps and cruise out from the bay
  • tuck the injector wires
  • tuck the headlight wires
  • battery and fusebox is relocated
  • powdercoated/shaved valve cover with spoon kelvar sparkplug cover
  • spoon oil cap and radiator cap
a im just at the point to should I swap a b20 and
build the b16 head (all blox cam,valvetain,im,tb,header etc...)
or boost it which would be garrete and hks etc..

Originally Posted by ED9Got_Vtec
Get a crashed rsx every wire and harness is interchangeable even the dashboard seats and 5 lug bolts ryte in all u need is hasport mounts no need for k pro cuz the ignition bolts in to my boy juss finished his em and its basically a em shell with full rsx suspension and motor and interior
not to get off topic but naw
Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

World of Warcraft?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ehh...not quite.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by dividedas1
World of Warcraft?
Plz stay on topic
Originally Posted by JKov240
Ehh...not quite.
word and topic plz
Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by em1_civicsi
Plz stay on topic

please follow the rules...

MAKE YOUR TOPIC TITLES SUBJECT SPECIFIC! NOT JUST "HELP" ETC. - this is like the first or second stickied thread in the 92-00 section.

i clicked on it cos i figured you were talking about some world of warcraft on honda-tech. how was i supposed to know you meant "what going to get a WOW expression; here are two things i will probably never do to my car - but hey i can dream big right?"

really its your car, do what you want. seriously its people like you that want attention for driving a honda... how ever you realize if you turbo the B16 - not impressive in the sense of "wow" because PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME. and a b20v - same thing bro.

want to get a wow expression when you pop the hood? do a V6 swap.. or a g23 or take a motor out of a completely different kind of car and make it work in there. be innovative, all of your choices are done. they work good and are definitely two good ways to go as far as a build is concerned. but your not going to impress many people with those builds. sorry.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 AM

please follow the rules...

MAKE YOUR TOPIC TITLES SUBJECT SPECIFIC! NOT JUST "HELP" ETC. - this is like the first or second stickied thread in the 92-00 section..
Fixed
i clicked on it cos i figured you were talking about some world of warcraft on honda-tech. how was i supposed to know you meant "what going to get a WOW expression; here are two things i will probably never do to my car - but hey i can dream big right?".
why the **** would someone post about wow in the 92-00 forum.
try not to be a dick next time buddy
Also how the **** do you know what I can and cant afford leave it at that.

really its your car, do what you want. seriously its people like you that want attention for driving a honda... how ever you realize if you turbo the B16 - not impressive in the sense of "wow" because PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME. and a b20v - same thing bro.
people like me? people who want attention if you read my first post I said at a SHOW. Isnt that the point of a car show to have people want to look at your car? again why be a dick

want to get a wow expression when you pop the hood? do a V6 swap.. or a g23 or take a motor out of a completely different kind of car and make it work in there. be innovative, all of your choices are done. they work good and are definitely two good ways to go as far as a build is concerned. but your not going to impress many people with those builds. sorry.
Cool thx But if i wanted to drive something else i would
I drive a civic because I like how it looks when there fixed up.

the answer is simple which one would you rather look at a na civic or boosted civic. which one would make you stop and look
i didnt ask hey post up all ur smart *** comments and just talk **** no

thanks again Bro and lets leave it at this

just stay on topic
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted em1 or b20vtec Wow factor

lol
Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I just want to know what you guys think.

which one would be more of a WOW reaction for a EM1 when the hood is open to show people?

-Turbo B16 (Intercooler/almost everthing black)
or
-B20 Vtec swap (built head)

I dont care which one is faster or anything like that
just which one would make you say Damn look at that at a show.
NEITHER... its a ****ing honda. we've seen it all, done it all

but the trend right now is a clean all motor swap and shaved engine bay

World of Warcraft?

your attempt at a joke was fail. or are you serious??
Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Build a car that suites you and if people don't like it...f'em.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Fixed

why the **** would someone post about wow in the 92-00 forum.
try not to be a dick next time buddy
Also how the **** do you know what I can and cant afford leave it at that.

people like me? people who want attention if you read my first post I said at a SHOW. Isnt that the point of a car show to have people want to look at your car? again why be a dick

Cool thx But if i wanted to drive something else i would
I drive a civic because I like how it looks when there fixed up.

the answer is simple which one would you rather look at a na civic or boosted civic. which one would make you stop and look
i didnt ask hey post up all ur smart *** comments and just talk **** no

thanks again Bro and lets leave it at this

just stay on topic
i was being a smart *** :-) seriously though, with a title like wow? lol wow what? get my point now? can't take a joke much?

and what i was saying is; don't you think that people have seen turbo 99si's? same with b20v's? really it's all been done. neither of these are going to get you any wow's at a car show. to be honest with you if you took what you already had under the hood and cleaned the **** out of it to the point that someone could eat off the motor then you might get some wows. maybe do a wire tuck :-)

and i wasn't telling you to get rid of your civic. i <3 my civics. what i was saying was if you want to get attention at shows for your power plant think outside of the box ;-) a g23 swap would be reasonably priced and you already have the transmission/axles/clutch to do so. that would turn heads. or what i was trying to say was take a power plant out of a different kind of car for instance look up civette.

but to answer your question i would rather look at neither at a car show. a boosted civic (unless its got a big *** trim turbo & its built) doesn't really do much for any one any more. common ****. and same with the b20v. FOR CAR SHOW PURPOSES that is...

how ever they are both nice little builds. i think a b20v would be fun as hell for a road racing car :-) i am contemplating doing one to my eh2. anyways good luck getting noticed :-)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
New User

Go for the B20 Vtech