Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics!

Hey all, i'm debating on whether or not to go body kit, so its up to all of u to see if i do. On one side, u get all the headturns and girls going "oh nice car!", but w/ that comes the headturns from the cops, and the sirens, and the tickets....and on the other side, u have function, etc etc etc, so post some pics!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (EggRolla)

uhhhhh..........??????

you probably wont get a good response in this forum.......try appearance/cosmetic forum
Old 04-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (silverEH2)

....good call, but i have a eg, so i thought it would be best to put it in the eg forum.....
Old 04-28-2003, 02:07 PM

heres a response... ibtl
Old 04-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (euclid)

body kits are gay.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (Kamin)

bodykits are gay?? why do people insist on saying that. its a personal opinion. if you cant say anything positive then dont say anything at all!! Now it seems as if you have a kit then you are considered a ricer, and then those same people say to put the money into the motor. But some of you forget that we drive HONDAS which arent drag cars to beging with. they were made more for style so if you have good taste you can compliment it. anyways bro its your car so do as you wish but choose your kit wisely
Old 04-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (ludedudesi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But some of you forget that we drive HONDAS which arent drag cars to beging with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Who ever said they were made for drag? Have you ever taken a look at AutoX people? Alot of them run crx's and hatchs, performance is what the majority of H-T people are interested in. Not making a slow car look nasty with horribly designed and fitting body kits.
Honda-Tech Member

whats wrong with kits?

keep it simple stupid....

Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bodykits are gay?? why do people insist on saying that. its a personal opinion. if you cant say anything positive then dont say anything at all!! Now it seems as if you have a kit then you are considered a ricer, and then those same people say to put the money into the motor. But some of you forget that we drive HONDAS which arent drag cars to beging with. they were made more for style so if you have good taste you can compliment it. anyways bro its your car so do as you wish but choose your kit wisely </TD></TR></TABLE>

hondas are made for economy not looks.

and yes body kits are GAY. they draw attention to a car to make it LOOK fast when 99.9% of the time its usually bone stock or has intake or exhaust.

not all body kits are gay, look at this one http://www.srswap.com/pics/pro...1.jpg (posting link, warning big picture)

its simple, clean and functional because it lets air into the intercooler.

Old 04-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (BCRUZ)

agreed
whatever makes you happy man, it's your car
Old 04-28-2003, 02:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bodykits are gay?? why do people insist on saying that. its a personal opinion. if you cant say anything positive then dont say anything at all!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

the original poster asked us for our opinion.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now it seems as if you have a kit then you are considered a ricer, and then those same people say to put the money into the motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, those are the people that are beating you in races

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But some of you forget that we drive HONDAS which arent drag cars to beging with. they were made more for style so if you have good taste you can compliment it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyways bro its your car so do as you wish but choose your kit wisely </TD></TR></TABLE>

or dont
Old 04-28-2003, 02:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bodykits are gay?? why do people insist on saying that. its a personal opinion. if you cant say anything positive then dont say anything at all!! Now it seems as if you have a kit then you are considered a ricer, and then those same people say to put the money into the motor. But some of you forget that we drive HONDAS which arent drag cars to beging with. they were made more for style so if you have good taste you can compliment it. anyways bro its your car so do as you wish but choose your kit wisely </TD></TR></TABLE>

There is not ONE body kit made for the eg that is not gay.

for an eg, those things look so nice with a si lip and amber corners, why change it?

keep it looking nice oem honda parts.

And as said before ludedudesi he asked for our opinions dumbshit! And my opinion is that body kits for the eg suck **** and are really really gay!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:46 PM

I just bought a black widow body kit. Then I put a mugen lip on the bottom of the body kit. Then I put an aluminum wing on top of my stock SI spoiler... it's so beautiful. You'd have to see it to believe it.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (black2kcivic)

well heres my take on body kits, IF i were to get a body kit, i would get either the bomex body kit, or a genuine mugen body kit. not any of those flashy sharp lined "battle z kits" or the ever popular "skyline style" body kits, its just like asking to get pulled over, and mind you all of my appearance work will come after my engine work...i'm either gonna get the bomex, mugen, or carbon fiber front lip type deal....
Old 04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if your going to get one dont get something crazy, just simple and clean. buddy club, mugen , bomex. but you better be able to back it up first. otherwise you'll just end up being another ricer. You will get challenged all the time. personally i hate body kits other than a small chin.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (EG TYPE-R)

i really like body kits...especially the ones on race cars like in the btcc and dtm..

the ones for street cars though can be a little over done sometimes...

way to many vents and air pockets (especially rear bumpers)

i think that form does follow function, but it is fun to have a little cosmetic difference between cars to keep some originality!

like the othes said...in the end..you have to drive the car
Old 04-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BCRUZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This car is SO SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT !

*right click* * save as * !!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im thinking about puting c-west on mine. but i dont wether to go 16' or 17' with a kit.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:30 PM

The only look a car can have that will never ever go outta style is OEM. The sleeper look will always be the sexiest.. why? Cuz it means ur ride has *****; it means it has soul. It means it doesnt need to be hyped up, it just knows that its the ****.

Speak softly and carry a BIG stick motha fukas!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:43 PM

i love kit.. its u like kit get one.. i got a full kit on hatch.. i m postin pics tonite.. dont let other people get inur head!....cops wont **** with u if ur legit..its u got a hot motor dont get a kit!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (wm5holla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wm5holla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i love kit.. its u like kit get one.. i got a full kit on hatch.. i m postin pics tonite.. dont let other people get inur head!....cops wont **** with u if ur legit..its u got a hot motor dont get a kit!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Top four reasons why that post was ghey..

4.) Illiteracy and the past tense ownz u son.
3.) Cops will **** with you even if you are "legit."
2.) If you have a hot motor ur a *** and you should get a kit so you are more likely to be pulled over and put in jail.
1.) Body kits suck.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its up to you and what your style is...don't care what other people think, as long as you like it...
Old 04-28-2003, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (wm5holla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wm5holla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i love kit.. its u like kit get one.. i got a full kit on hatch.. i m postin pics tonite.. dont let other people get inur head!....cops wont **** with u if ur legit..its u got a hot motor dont get a kit!</TD></TR></TABLE>
STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (Rhythm Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rhythm Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol

dont put a kit on
Old 04-28-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics! (Rhythm Racer)

so does that mean my kit is gay???

Quick Reply: Body Kits vs...well, not body kits, post pics!