Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Blue "leather" si seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue "leather" si seats

I have seen these seats in blue and they look real nice in side of a 00 civic si and I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get these at? I have not been able to find them anywhere!! I really want these seats!! In blue of course..

Please let me know if anyone has any information.
Attached Images   
Old 12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure its vinyl.

But besides that, I've read on here that they were a dealer option, so very rare. I have also read that they were custom-made. I don't know the truth...but what I do know is that they look and probably feel incredibly cheap.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Well I have seen some dope *** ones in side of this red ex I couldn't believe it I tryed to trade this dude for my si seats and 100 bucks for them, but he backed out.. I think they would look pretty dope inside of a electron blue si.. Don't you? Ive heard they were custom made... Im pretty sure I could find a place but there probably gonna try to charge me up the ***... I just want some that have blue with where the light grey are and then the rest black..
Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet if you private message NOFX, she will tell you the background on these things (assuming they came from Honda or a Honda dealer). She knows everything about 1996-2000 Civics.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i also seen these as an option on the em1. only seen 1 blue set ever! good luck finding them.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:47 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

USDM Civics did not come standard or from the factory with leather seats.

It was a dealer option only, and not for only the Si. Any trim could get leather seats.

You would go to Honda for your brand new Civic. You would say you wanted leather seats. They would send your car (or seats, or whatever) to a local upholstery shop and have the seats wrapped in leather or vinyl or whatever they chose. They might put a normal headrest on it instead of the ones with the holes in them.

This is why the colors and designs vary so greatly. Sometimes they might have two panels down the front upper section and sometimes three. Sometimes they say "Si" or "H" in the upper section. Sometimes they say nothing. Some are all one color (usually black or gray), and sometimes they have different colored panels (usually red, blue or gray on black or gray).

You can get the same effect by having a stock set of Civic seats reupholstered at a shop of your choice. Just ask to see some of their work first and pick out exactly what you want.

The chances of finding another set of "original" leather Civic seats that look like the ones you saw before it slim to none.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the leather on those seats was a dealer installed option. katskinz made the kit. just call them up. they also made a matching shift boot with the si logo stitched into the rear of it as well. as far as the kit itself usually the bolster portion is a vinyl which is very soft(softer than most factory leather) and the center inserts are real leather and can also be substituted with suede.