Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

blowing fuses???? WHY???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blowing fuses???? WHY???

ok, first my sun roof goes out on me....I check the fuse...it looks perfect...so I thought it was a blown motor....later on when it was raining....my wipers where DEAD!!!! damn lucky it was just a shower.
Well I then checked my fuses and the problem was my blown 20A fuse for my wipers...I changed it and also my sun roof came back to life!!! woo HOO!!!
well...it works for like 5 mins then it dies agian!!! what can be wrong??? is it my sun roof that is doing this to my fuses??? if someone noes please help!!! it sucks to drive in the rain with just rain away on my windows...also when winter comes I'm dead!!!! HELP
Old 07-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: blowing fuses???? WHY??? (EG6[B16A1])

You have a short.... other than that I can't help you...

somewhere on that circut there is a chip or crack in the wire (that or one of the motors/parts is bad.) and it's drawing too much current...

I'll prefice my next bit of advice with DO NOT DO THIS

If you want to find out where it is you can "penny" the fuse... ie you put in a higher amperage fuse... then you look for smoke... it's DEFINATELY not the smartest thing to do but it will show you where the problem is...

just in case you don't realize what this is doing....

This is allowing WAY more current to flow through that circut... it is then allowing that current to arc to wherever it is arcing... that area gets hot and starts to burn... that's where the smoke comes from...

Your other WAY more intelligent option is to examine the pieces affected and if nothing is found.... trace the wires on that circut looking for the short...