Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bleed coolant, no heat fan always on

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bleed coolant, no heat fan always on

i tried to explain as much as i could in the title so maybe i can get some help with this, when i swapped in my motor i never connected any hoses to my heater core becuase the tubes were out of wack and were not circular so i clogged both hoses with a lub nut , since its now starting to get cold and winter is jujst around the corner i decided to try to ben the tube from my heater core to a circle so i can connect the hoses and have heat. i managed to get the hoses to fit in the heater core so i reused my coolant and took it for a spin and there was NO HEAT at all then my temp gauge started to rise. i then start to see smoke come out of my hood so i quickly pull over and i see that my heater core is leaking all my coolant out so i figured that its busted so now i get home and drian it all out again and disconnect the heater core and clog up my hoses with the lug nuts again but now i have a serious idle problem it jumps quickly between 1k and almost 2k i tried bleeding by leaving the rad cap off and seeing it bubble and go down then just refill it till it stops but it just doesn't go away i see no coolant leaking anywhere so i dont know what could be the problem, i searched HT and it says to leave the heat on full blast but i dont have my heater core hooked up so i dont know what to do.also my radiator fan wire was jumped so that my fan is always on when i turn on my car.

sorry for the long post but can someone please help me, this is driving me nuts
Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bleed coolant, no heat fan always on (9281hatch)

depending on what motor you have swapped in your car, sometimes theres a bleeder screw on top of the thermostat housing, or in front of the motor near the upper radiator hose. try running the car and opening and closing the screw until you dont see air, and just a steady stream of coolant pouring out. but i would get your situation with the heater core fixed, aside from not having heat just incase your radiator takes a dump you can turn the heat on to prevent your motor from overheating (using the heater core as a mini radiator).. hope this helps