Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found?

OK. I had originally considered removing the SRS in my 92 Si, but that leaves me with 2 options. Aftermarket wheel, or 3 spoke. I'm not particularly fond of either one, and since I like the 4 spoke design, I believe I'm stuck with my airbag.

Now before someone tells me to search, I already tried. I'm not finding anything pertinent to my question under any of the keywords I tried. If it was there and I didn't find it, then be helpful and provide a link, and don't just yell "search, n00b"

Now, down to business.

1) does anyone know if Honda made a 4 spoke steering wheel like the one that is used with SRS that does not have SRS?

2) does anyone know what 4 spoke wheels that look like the EG SRS wheel were wrapped in black leather?

3) did the GSR come with a 4 spoke black leather wrapped steering wheel?

4) if the answer to 3 is yes, then is it a direct swap into an EG?

I would appreciate any insight that can be provided to me.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found? (qat727)

GSRs had leather wrapped steering wheels and are a direct swap into EGs.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GSRs had leather wrapped steering wheels and are a direct swap into EGs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Beautiful, just the kind of info I'm needing. Did all GSR's come with leather wrapped steering wheels?

Also, any clue on non-SRS 4 spoke wheels?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found? (qat727)

I believe all GSRs came out with leather-wrapped steering wheels. My friend's 99 LS came with leather-wrapped steering wheel.

EG6's came with 4-spoked non-SRS wheels on some of them.

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-14....html
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Black Leather steering wheel for an EG ---- where can these be found? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe all GSRs came out with leather-wrapped steering wheels. My friend's 99 LS came with leather-wrapped steering wheel.

EG6's came with 4-spoked non-SRS wheels on some of them.

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-14....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow that's a lot of money for a steering wheel. Any clue if it has cruise control capabilities?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qat727 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow that's a lot of money for a steering wheel. Any clue if it has cruise control capabilities? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You would have to relocate the buttons. If you want leather-wrapped, 4-spoke, and cruise, you should buy a GSR wheel. And not plug in the SRS plug.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want leather-wrapped, 4-spoke, and cruise, you should buy a GSR wheel. And not plug in the SRS plug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I've got my answer. Does anyone happen to know if the leather on the steering wheels fares better than the vinyl on the stock ones? Mine is starting to crack, and I've seen some that are cracked to pieces. Do the leather ones hold up well?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qat727 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I guess I've got my answer. Does anyone happen to know if the leather on the steering wheels fares better than the vinyl on the stock ones? Mine is starting to crack, and I've seen some that are cracked to pieces. Do the leather ones hold up well? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Leather ones holds up pretty well. I had a GSR with 80k miles and the steering wheel was in great shape. I have a JDM ITR wheel in my EG with probably a lot of miles and the leather is really nice still.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Leather ones holds up pretty well. I had a GSR with 80k miles and the steering wheel was in great shape. I have a JDM ITR wheel in my EG with probably a lot of miles and the leather is really nice still.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It sounds like I need to pick up a GSR wheel. Now all I have to do is find one. They don't show up on ebay very often. Do you know of any other honda products that had a leather wrapped steering wheel that would be a direct swap into an EG?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay has oem honda steering wheel leather covers its black and comes with red or black stiching fits almost every honda/acura steering wheels
Old 12-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a jdm itr steering wheel with srs if your interested pmed.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EKtypeRhaTcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doubleshotz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay has oem honda steering wheel leather covers its black and comes with red or black stiching fits almost every honda/acura steering wheels</TD></TR></TABLE>

when installed do these things look anything like the GSR wheels I've seen pictures of?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKtypeRhaTcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a jdm itr steering wheel with srs if your interested pmed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can anyone tell me the practical differences between a JDM ITR wheel and a USDM GSR wheel?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Blue Sedan Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (qat727)

Can anyone tell me the practical differences between a JDM ITR wheel and a USDM GSR wheel? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty red stitching and a lot of money

Your best bet is the GSR
Old 02-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumping my old post back up because I've got another question. Does it matter what year GSR leather steering wheel you get, or will any of them fit an EG civic. What about the SRS/Cruise/Horn plugging right in?