Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Big time window and lock short. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big time window and lock short. HELP!!

OK, new to your site, cant stand honda tech so thought this might be a good place to ask this. Might be long becuase ive tried some things. here is the problems, and what i tried.

power windows on the driver side WORKS; Passenger side worked if you held the door open to a point on driver and passenger switch. same with the passenger lock but never locked, just buzzed like it tried. Eventually passenger power stopped. Door jam hab broken wires at the plug! Fixed all the wires and placed the new plug in and no go. Used a battery and wire-attached it to the passenger switch, window works fine. SO ITS NOT THE MOTOR!

Decided maybe the driver side had the same issue with the wires so its not completing the circuit. Sure enough yes. replaces the plug and rewired the wires together i cut annnnd... same thing. Lock worked on driver side, and window. Passenger side nothing. Tried the battery over there again and jussst fine. Locks wont even buzz over there now though.

THEN all the sudden i clicked the driver mirror left button and the door on the driver side locked...... then eventually the mirror stopped locking it but so did the electric lock! all the wires are right. both plugs redone. power to both doors! tried a new switch on the passenger side for the window and still didnt work. tried another blue lock box on driver side and still the same.

IF you can follow all this, any new ideas or anything anyone has ran into like this? I wanted to make sure i explained all the things i tried first so we didnt have a million different things coming in. By the way, it was the plugs on the body side going to each door i replaced, not the wire harness inside the door. any help guys?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Big time window and lock short. HELP!!

Originally Posted by tRex99
cant stand honda tech so thought this might be a good place to ask this.
Um... Dude, this is honda tech..
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 PM

HAHAHA thats funny! my little brother has some account on another forum and he wanted me to make a post on HT so i just copied and pasted his post! HAHAHHAHA. awesome, didnt notice that. I get good info here so i dont know?

but yea, what he says. i tried to help him out. i did one side, he did the other. i gave him my battery from my drill and he got the window up. but i cant figure this one out for the life of me besides a short somewhere else. well if i get an answer and it works, i'll tell him i got it from HT.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, the best thing I can come up with is print out the wiring schematic from alldata or something and you could try testing the continuity starting at yout fuse box and working your way out toward the doors. Well, first make sure you have pwer at all the correct places and if not trace your problem back from there.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by itsnotfast
Lol, the best thing I can come up with is print out the wiring schematic from alldata or something and you could try testing the continuity starting at yout fuse box and working your way out toward the doors. Well, first make sure you have pwer at all the correct places and if not trace your problem back from there.

lol man i was hoping it wouldnt come to that. i know i dont wanna do it so im gonna see what he hears back. or what anyone else puts on here