Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

BIG PROBLEM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG PROBLEM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Hi, i have a 93 civic and my glow gauge dont always work. Sometime they work when i start the car and after they just dont lights anymore while driving. But thats not the big thing.. when i remove the cluster i unpluged and then repluged the 2 big plugs in both corner of the cluster... i also does the same thing with the litle yellow plug in the lower middle of the back of the cluster. I tought it was maybe something that was not plugged coreclty and by pluged it again my gauge would light up again but nooooo.... I start my car and wasnt able to stop it at all !! i had the key in my hand and it was still working.. i could remove the key from the starter and it was still runing !!! and also my signals lights are not working.. so please somebody help me out !! thanks alot !! oh and by the way i did try to reset the car. Like i touch the ground and the red wire from the battery and hold it for about 30 sec and it still do the same thing.. thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BIG PROBLEM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!!!!!!! (pjean_07)

sounds like you own a stolen car. the cluster is probably not working because of wires touching and shorting. cant tell you why the car wont stop. the ignition is busted cause you can remove your key. grab another key and stick it in the hole, say maybe your house key, and see if the car turns on while that is in there.

edit: i read now that you take the key out and it does not turn off... not you cant stop. it sounds like your ignition is bad. wires crossed or something of that sort. maybe bad fuse or bad wires on the cluster?

Modified by davefromPA at 8:42 AM 7/26/2008
Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BIG PROBLEM SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!!!!!!! (davefromPA)

I dont own a stolen car. Ive cheked the papers and it never been stoled. That is almost 1 year i have the car and its just yersterday that it began to do that. Only since ive unpluged the 3 plugs behind my cluster that i can remove the key when my car is started. It is can be the starter that is used alot ?..
Old 07-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and by the way my cluster work.. its just that they dont lite up
Old 07-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay finally ive just figured out that all this is because i have 2 plugs for the detress lights and i have pluged the wrong one.. never tought it would be that easy..