Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Big Problem, NO CEL.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Problem, NO CEL. limp mode.

So heres the story, I was getting ready for hsd, then found out one of my coolant hoses had a hole in it, the one that goes from the motor to the heater. It was leaking at the motor side, I replaced it and put my distributor back on. It started cutting off a little below 3.5. I advanced my dizzy, fixed the problem. Now, 2-3 days later its doing it again. Im thinking its because of my dizzy somehow, iunno. Any suggestions?

I just put in new spark plugs, I checked the wires, unplugged the vtec solenoid, fixed the bogging problem, but it'll still die on me at idle. Doesn't throw any cel, ever...

The problem never comes up when it's cold. It only comes up after the car is up to normal operating temp, keeping the heat to max blast helps prevent it kinda, but it doesn't stop the problem. keeping the heat off gets it not to go away. To get it away, I usually just turn off my car and turn it back on and rev it up, and keep it revved. It usually wants to start rev limiting at 3.5k when im at idle, either that or it dies. All the ecu wires are bad, and I tried a p06 and it would still fuel cut, right at start up.

I looped a LED light for the cel to rule out the possibility that my cel light went out. It stayed solid. My o2 sensor might have gotten wet, Iunno, can that cause this problem?. Oh yeah, sometimes when I turn off my car, blue smoke comes up through the shift linkage hole(I dont have a shift boot on), Im thinking its from the existing coolant that leaked all over.

Im thinking I need a new dizzy, but don't have the money for it, going to trade dizzy with a friend for a bit and see if it fixes the problem.

Oh yeah, and lastly, when it starts rev limiting, it runs sluggish, I think maybe thats how its supposed to run when its in limp mode? Iunno, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated other than a swap, I have a swap ready already but I want to find the problem to this before I do the swap because I want to sell the motor healthy, not with a problem.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Problem, NO CEL. limp mode. (Hanmin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I looped a LED light for the cel to rule out the possibility that my cel light went out. It stayed solid. My o2 sensor might have gotten wet, Iunno, can that cause this problem?. Oh yeah, sometimes when I turn off my car, blue smoke comes up through the shift linkage hole(I dont have a shift boot on), Im thinking its from the existing coolant that leaked all over. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the CEL light stays solid? if so then its a computer problem, or a wiring problem.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the LED light stays solid, not the cel, a solid light means its throwing no cel i believe.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

update, oh yeah my car leaks oil, and after I drive, when I open the crank case oil place, its smokey, just a light smoke coming out, not sure if this is normal.