Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

which is the better radiator/fan upgrade path....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is the better radiator/fan upgrade path....?

okay guys, i did the search and couldn't find anything so please bear with me.... i need to upgrade the radiator and fan in my 99 ek very soon. the new radiator has to be the single core design so upgrading to a del sol or teg unit is out of the question..... basically i have boiled it down to a choice between the c&r/spal setup which comes as one unit, or the fluidyne/flex-a-lite setup which is two separate purchases....

essentially my question is this: does the fluidyne setup cool better than the c&r setup.....? the price is in favor of the c&r, and that is the piece i was planning on getting. but, if the cooling advantage goes to the fluidyne piece i'm more than willing to spend the extra cash............. thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: which is the better radiator/fan upgrade path....? (Team 4R)

unless you have a really high heat motor then you shouldnt need an aftermarket one.
y does it have to be single core?
Old 01-17-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id go with the C&R with the fan.. i take it u plan to go turbo in the near future if u dont want a teggy radiator
Old 01-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMlifestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i take it u plan to go turbo in the near future if u dont want a teggy radiator</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly why it must be single core......... so, c&r sounds like the right path for me......
Old 01-17-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: (Team 4R)

ill take a picture of my EK with a teg radiator it seems to me there would be enough clearance because i believe theres more clearnace with the teg radiator than if u keep the a/c condensor but ill get u a pic later on my cars at my grandparents house waiting on a distributor

also u dont need the a/c fan for the radiator because its so large and with just the single radiator fan it cools fine mine takes like 30min-hour to come on and it comes on for less than a minute that teg radiator is overkill, just the way i like it but i plan on going turbo in the future so its a worthwhile upgrade for me and if i have clearance issues i can weld up some custom mounts to bring the radiator closer to front of the car
Old 01-17-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: (biggmike2)

if i were you i would just get the radiator, i dont know which is the best i think they are all about the same, and the just got to pep boys or autozone and get a pusher/puller slim fan for like 60 bucks. you can save a little money that way. thats what i did this past weekend. gives you great clearence if you run it as a pusher.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: (99n00sis)

you dont need a pusher with a integra radiator because the radiator fan dosent interfere with the turbo/turbo manifold, only time i seen a pusher fan needed is for a H22A EG/EK swaps where things get really tight if an integra radiator was install also
Old 01-17-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: (biggmike2)

I have a fluidyne, but it's my understanding that they both cool good. I love my fluidyne you can tell a definate difference between the fluidyne and a stock radiator. So either the fluidyne or the c&r will work fine. Good luck
Old 01-17-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: (sillvercivicgsr)

my logic is buy a stock integra radiator and if u ever need a better one get a aftermarket integra radiator because more surface area is better and why not pay for an entire radiator when u get an aftermarket one because i believe the half length and full lenght C&R and Fluidyne cost the same and i like overkill anyways