Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/better-performance-output-d-series-engines-bisimoto-r-header-701332/)

JurakS 12-09-2003 01:11 PM

better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header?

i already posted this in the tech forum..just wanted to see if anyone of you guys know this.

http://www.exospeed.com/pictures/bisidcoated2a.jpg
bisimoto = price-589$
http://www.an-r.com/images/dheader.jpg
An-R = price -480$

..i'm leaning more on the an-r simply because it looks like it does the same job as the bisimoto but alot cheaper and the tubes look longer on the an-r. so my question is..which one will i get more bang for the buck?

thanks

SOHC_MShue 12-09-2003 01:16 PM

bump. I'd like to know too.

99blackcivicSi 12-09-2003 01:17 PM

Re: (SOHC_MShue)

Is the price for the bisimoto the one that has been coated because if it is the one that hasn't been coated is cheaper just so you know.

JDMH22HATCH 12-09-2003 01:34 PM

Re: (99blackcivicSi)

I thought AN-R helped make the Bisimoto header. Also, are you getting this to be a track monster or a daily driver? The Bisimoto seems like a side exit where as AN-R will put a flange and merge collector on there for the street. Personally I would go with the AN-R.

EG-lowrider 12-09-2003 01:37 PM

the bisimoto comes in side exit and rear exit

EG-lowrider 12-09-2003 01:38 PM

the one pictured up top is a rear exit, get on I believe exospeed's web site to see it

JurakS 12-09-2003 04:06 PM

Re: (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the price for the bisimoto the one that has been coated because if it is the one that hasn't been coated is cheaper just so you know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's the price for the non-coated one..if you want it caoted it's like 140 more

chad 12-09-2003 04:07 PM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (Juraks)

i am bias'd so do not listen to me

Modified by chad at 9:09 AM 12/10/2003

infinatenexus 12-09-2003 04:08 PM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">save your money and get a b16!!!!!!!!!!!1

don't waste your money on dseries if you wanna be fast</TD></TR></TABLE>

Care to bet your car title on that?

The Internet Tough Guy 12-09-2003 04:08 PM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">save your money and get a b16!!!!!!!!!!!1

your kidding right?

brockscivic 12-09-2003 04:39 PM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your kidding right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree he is sooo wrong!
Just a noob qeustion but what makes the design of the Bisimoto and AN-R headers better than traditional?

SOHC_MShue 12-10-2003 04:55 AM

yea and the b16 is the shit http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif

b16 matt 12-10-2003 05:23 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (SOHC_MShue)

God why the fuck do you guys have to talk shit about b16's? They are a good fugging engine. Oh no not a second cam!!!!!!!! We wouldnt want that would we. You sohc guys, geez.

The Internet Tough Guy 12-10-2003 05:44 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (b16matt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16matt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">God why the fuck do you guys have to talk shit about b16's? They are a good fugging engine. Oh no not a second cam!!!!!!!! We wouldnt want that would we. You sohc guys, geez.</TD></TR></TABLE>

god why the fuck do you have to talk shit about a d16? it's a good fugging engine. oh no not a single cam!!!!!!!!! we wouldnt want that would we. you dohc guys, geez. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

scratchy 12-10-2003 05:55 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (jwn7)

yo anything in this world you get what you pay for and to anybody that talk shit on my d16 can kiss my hairy white ass because they don't know the power you can push through those motors

Spade 12-10-2003 05:59 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (Juraks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Juraks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so my question is..which one will i get more bang for the buck?

thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Neither. If your going to spend that much on a header you need to get one custom made for your engine.

Those "lenghts" that you talk about are tuning tools. The resonation of the pipes helps with scavenging of the cylinders at different points in the power band on engines with INSANE cams and compression. At least, that is what those headers were probably tuned off of.

Getting a simple intake changes the whole tuning aspect of those headers.

Before you go into a equal lenght header design, read up and find out what engine that specific header was desgined on. More specifically, what kind of cam, intake, tuning level of timing, fuel, and spark, compression ratio, and actual displacement.

It would be more benificial to you to finish building your engine and then have a header built custom to your engine. Both compainies can do this, along with many others.

SOHC_MShue 12-10-2003 06:17 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (b16matt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16matt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">God why the fuck do you guys have to talk shit about b16's? They are a good fugging engine. Oh no not a second cam!!!!!!!! We wouldnt want that would we. You sohc guys, geez.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I never said they weren't a good engine...Its just that they aren't cost effective at all when you already have a perfectly good sohc. I'd love a b16 if I had a 99 si or something that came with it stock, but If your car didn't come with one stock then why not just build the sohc for less money than the b16 costs and make more power? If your plans are for spending a lot of money and building a B motor up such as the b16 then why not just spend a little extra on a b18 instead because lets face it the b16 is still a torqueless 1.6liter just like the d16's. Just not worth the money imo when you already have a good sohc.

XxSOHCDriVerxX 12-10-2003 06:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

god why the fuck do you have to talk shit about a d16? it's a good fugging engine. oh no not a single cam!!!!!!!!! we wouldnt want that would we. you dohc guys, geez. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhahaha. that was funny. SOHC OWNS DOHC

JaeOne3345 12-10-2003 06:39 AM

chad i respect your opinions and you are a knowledgable member of this board, but comments like that just throw the post wayyyy off, and then we get stupid bickering between dohc and sohc fans that goes on for like 6 pages over some DUMB shit. It will never end, its like a v8 guy telling someone with a b16 "get that piece of shit ricer jap crap engine out of there and get a real motor", it just starts war. or someone saying "dont buy that slow b16, build a b20 stroked turbo super blah blah motor.... its all preference. Afterall, there are people that build datsun 510 motors, pinto ford motors, peugeot Mi16 motors, etc etc.
Even though these motors may not be "the shit", some people still enjoy working with them, because they may not be so intrigued to "be the fastest". Some just get a kick out of building an engine, whether it be a 350 Chevy, a b16a, a go 125cc go kart engine, don't really matter, as long as you're just enjoying what you're doing.
Even if it was all in good fun, these comments just make what could be a good discussion for sohc fans, turn into a dumb ass flame war.

JaeOne3345 12-10-2003 06:41 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (JaeOne3345)

And about the an-r piece. I still have not seen a dyno sheet for the an-r sohc header. Does anyone have one?

chad 12-10-2003 06:54 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (JaeOne3345)

i am biased

Modified by chad at 9:09 AM 12/10/2003

chad 12-10-2003 06:58 AM

Re: better performance output for D series engines? bisimoto or An-R header? (infinatenexus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinatenexus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Care to bet your car title on that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you willing to bet yours?

yes....AS LONG AS IT IS A TRUE D and not some h23 crank in there sleeved bored stoked etc....you get no nawz and no boost....

you give me a budget....i'll put that money into a b16 including SWAP and i will roll a SOHC!!! PERIOD

kommon_sense 12-10-2003 07:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you can NOT GET A D16 to go as fast as a b16 with the same money!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

please take this dribble somewhere else. lets, see, if I already have a d16, I can spend maybe $2-2.5k and get it going faster than a b16. It takes at least $3k to even acquire a b16. If you are saying spend the same money on each, then yeah, you are absolutely right, but since we don't already have a b16, thats a silly argument.

Mr Hammond 12-10-2003 07:04 AM

With advancements, technology and parts availability today you can pretty much take ANY Honda motor and fully build it and get an amazing amount of power out of it for the size, displacement etc... of the motor.

In all honesty though guys you do get what you pay for and with the displacement, head flow capabilities and cam choices with the larger engines, they will prevail. Just like This whole "oh the B is better then the D" will eventually turn into "don't waste your money on a B or H...get a K!!!"

JaeOne3345 12-10-2003 07:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you can NOT GET A D16 to go as fast as a b16 with the same money!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

and once again you are vastly missing the point http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif

You could put 2500 into a b16a and put 2500 into a chevy 350 motor and we know whats gonna happen considering both are NA form, who cares. Some people just have a preference. You speak as if people are out to dominate b16a's. Some may, but I could care less. I build my motor for me, not to chase b16a's, thats so trivial. This could go on and on. "stupid sohc, build a dohc", "stupid ricers, build a v8", "stupid all motor guys, get a snail", and where does it all lead too? no where..at all. the people who want to do what they want will still do it, while those who bicker will still bicker, when they are just wasting time to be honest.

my point has been made, someone asked about header's for sohc's, not what motor they should acquire, and now what could have been a worthwhile and informative post has been ruined, again, and again.