Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ej1 Ressurection

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ej1 Ressurection

Hello fellow honda tech user first off I'm a new user here so bare with me. I also been out of school for 10 year now and haven't been writing and reading alot since then so please forgive me if I mess up on my spelling, puncuation, and leave long sentences or what not.

So to begin off a little history. It start off when I was 19 and my mom bought me my first Black 1993 civic ex coupe back in summer of 03 "I DON'T LIKE HATCH" lolz not to be a hater but it just like a chick with no junk in the trunk, anyway that when i fell in love and came into the honda scene, but long story short I got into a front end collision and it bent the sub frame "BUH BYE" civic #1.

Having so much love for the civic I couldn't help it but to sorce another one, and yet came upon my Blue 1995 civic ex, clean as heck and that when the major mod come into place and please excuse the rice mod it was just really popular then, you know the first fast and furious movie came out and being new to the honda scene pointed me in the wrong direction, but at least i was different a little at least i didn't have the same black widow body kit that i see 7 out of 10 car have lmfao!! "MEMORIES". Anyway another long story short got into one way major accident the picture will explain the detail BUH BYE civic #2.

Body Kit be fit on

Body Kit bolt up, sanded down and getting it ready for primer, and test fitting the vinyl

Some Autometer cobalt guage

Bondo Side Molding

Fully Build Jdm d15b for turbo still in engine breaking process but was damage later in the build

80 mph into a wall

80 mph into the wall follow by a 180 degree nightmare if it was a hatch maybe it would of miss lolz

Can't believe after all these accident I happen to walk away without a scratch. Just to much love for these car and you know it after about 1 year i manage to sorce another one, that how i came upon my frost white 1994 Civic ex, the beauty that cought my eye it had an ls vtec with apexi vafc lower on tokico gas shock and eibach custom spring rate "ride amazing by the way if your wondering" so unwilling to give up I took all the old part from the previous civic refix and reuse them on this one and made it a finish project. But in the end to the bastard little thieft that i could of shot plus life took it toll on me and i got stuck in the love bubble so i was force to do what no one want, to sell it whole and yet it didn't happen so I ended up parting everything. So now I was left with nothing but a running shell. So much love for it that i kept it with me with the determination to refix it one day.

Mod restore and done sorry for the bad quality flip style cell phone picture

put my vinyl to use and did a usdm integra front conversion

Stock Gsr turbo at the time

So five year have past now my life have gotten straight again now I'm a dad with 2 children of my own, and it finally that time to start off again with new taste and technology DON'T WORRY NO MORE RICE MOD THIS TIME LOLZ MAYBE A LITTLE BUT NOT ANYTHING TO MAJOR. I will be doing most of the work myself as I'm a pretty handy person anyhard work will be done at a reputable machine shop I trust. And please shine some light and knowledge on this build as i will need all help and advice. This is going to be a long project as i have a family now and much research will be done befor i decide anything.

Goal for this build
400-450 whp on pump 93 700-800whp on race
The car will be use as an show, weekend street/drag strip maybe a few summer drive NOT SO SURE ABOUT HP YET BUT JUST WANT A 10 SEC STREET/DRAG CAR

Plan
Engine
Wire tuck engine bay
B18c1 short block Evens tuning stage 2 build and head with all option undecided compression and bore size but most likely will just be9.0.1 or 9.8.1 cylinder being 81.5 i like the idea of keeping as much metal on the sleeve as possible even though they are sleeve just my 2 cent.
Eagle crank
Edelbrock Victor X intake manifold
1000cc id injector
Jdm Itr cam i want 10k rpm of power haven't research if the itr will hold power that long i heard of gsr cam hold up to 9k so i'm sure itr cam go 10k correct me if i'm wrong or shine some light on this cause i am not a science expert on cam profile lift and duration.
Don't know on cam gear yet undecided brand they all look cheap to me please shine some light on this one?
walboro 255 fuel pump
seperated 5 gallon fuel tank with it own fuel pump for race gas as i will be using boost by gear
Hondata s300
Coil on Plug conversion i know it not needed but i like the clean look
Maybe hondata new traction control not sure yet will have to research more about
Equal lenght ramhorn turbo manifold yes the strong one 304 stainless steel with schedule 13 weld (might switch it to a topmount)
Precision billet 6262
3 inch downpipe
Thermal and research 3 inch exhaust system
Custom dual back door intercooler with 1 piece welded piping
Snypse if that how you spell it lolz blow off valve
Vband Tial wastegate unsure of the size yet i heard 38 mm is good for around the power i want to achieve with a little bit of boost creep but open to suggestion
AEM fuel filter, rail, and pressure regulator
Hasport mounts
Competition dual clutch
stock flywheel
Jdm Itr tranny with 4.4 final
Mfactory lsd
Driveshaft shop axle
Arp head
Engine torque damper just cause i like the look of it
full-race traction control bar (WOULD IT BE GOOD TO HAVE OR IS IT A WASTE)
All gasket

Exterior
All stock with
type r rear lip either type r, mugen, or ex lip "IT'S JUST SO HARD TO CHOOSE"
thin side molding
RetroFit Hid
Undecided if I'm going with jdm red and white tail light or just reuse my led depo tail light
Keeping the extreme gt carbon fiber hood a little ricy but suite it purpose (bash and flame all you want it not going to change)
For color I'm still going with white just don't know which white yet either
Original Frost White
S2000 Grand Prix White
Type R Chanpionship White

Wheel and Suspension
Going with the semi flush look a little bit of flush, jdm, and stance
16x8 Rota grid v classic offset 20 wanted to go 15 but i have big brake on and only 16 would fit
Tenzo R front and rear big brake
Haven't really decided yet but will either go with brembo or spoon sport 4 piston brake caliper
Function and form Type 1 suspension lolz sorry koni ground control but my reasearch chose function and form
no subframe brace or lca yet i find it pointless to have if you don't autocross

Interior
Custon Red Type R interior immitation
Bride Red Stradia Low Max Seat "I love recaro but I find recaro and people who sell recaro to be concieted like skunk2 SORRY! But i never like the idea of paying hundred of dollar and over a grand for use seat with with ware and tear on them that have to be be clean when they arrived.
Takata 4 point Harness
Autometer Cobalt Boost/Vac, oil pressure, D-pic, and fuel level guage
AEM wideband guage
Maybe a Gsr cluster conversion

I will post as the build go on and will try to take picture as much as possible please shine some light, comment, advice as you please
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the civic as of summer of 11

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh! snap can't upload pic from my phone

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Ej1 Ressurection

Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok finally got the pic to upload! Ok so now the civic as of summer of 11
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

summer of 2012 i sanded down the side molding bondo and primer it in white to see the outcome and yeah! I hate it, look nice and clean from some angle but it also ended up like my research as many people say it just look like it missing something, I was skeptical so I had to see it to believe it ahwell out it come.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also did a wire tuck and clean out the engine bay

Cut the old custom hand bent fuel feed hard line that my retarted butt did to fit the AEM fuel filter, reason why is because my civic didn't come with the fuel filter with the fitting on top and bottom

the old bent piece I'm surprise fuel was able to pass through and didn't restrict
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

remove bondo from side molding and primer it befor the move to my new crib

got a few new part in
function and form type one. I know koni ground control is the way to go, but i have my reason for choosing function and form type 1 (and it deffinetly not money)

My Red Bride Stradia 2 low max seat feel just like recaro or may i say even better (just my opinion)

Saw this on craigslist brand spankin new for an amazing price so i had to pick it up custom fab equal lenght ramhorn turbo manifold

My rims also came in the picture don't do justice these rim was pure sex when i open them up

It is just me or is it everyone that have that WELL YOU KNOW OOOOHHHH YEAAHHH! feeling when it come your first set of offset

it a pain if you ever loose the key to you lock lug nut, having to move multiple time in a few year really made me missplace all my crap.
the plan to remove the lug hammer, rachet, and a round out bolt remover or what ever you call them.

and the result, a success! lucky my old rim provide enough gap for me to grip the lug out

got her on jack stand and got the old rim off

test fit new fender as i didn't mention my old fender had a dent in it, was like that when i bought the car but never bother to fix it (never bother me)

out with the old Tokico Blue on a set of unknow srping rate spring seem plie the red set is eibach anyway it a really nice drop and make a smooth ride for a dd

preparing the new

and in with the new Front

Rear

preset my suspension height and test fit rim to make sure they clear my big brake kit, the height adjustment in front is off because there isn't any weight on the car yet.
also test fit my bride seat just to get a picture of what they would look like so i can dream about crusing in my car while at the moment i don't have an engine do i. lolz

Stay tune more part are coming and the ressurection is just getting started i'll keep you all updated please comment if you so wish too.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely a start lol. Looks oh so much better now.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope you don't plan on tracking with that suspension.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It kind of looks nice like that, white paint, black hood and white and bronze rims. I'd rock it
Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Hope you don't plan on tracking with that suspension.
No! I'm not an autocross guy! Which is one of the reason i chose function and form over koni ground control. Possibly just a few drag strip run when i get the build motor done and slap on the turbo just to see how fast it goes down the strip.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pick up my self a nice set of ek side skirt today for a decent price hoping to have time to install them this coming weekend.

I keep on not having my mind set can't really decide weather or not i want ek side skirts or wing west side skirts i like them both, which one would look better on my coupe? I know i just bought myself a set of ek but i got them at a fairly low price and can easily resell them for what i got them for. should i go with ek or wing west?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Roflopolis
It kind of looks nice like that, white paint, black hood and white and bronze rims. I'd rock it
the rims are actually hyper black!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok a few thing happen over the weekend, was throwing a huge party and my niece and nephew manage to spill pop all
over my keyboard and kill it so i couldn't update for last week, finally got a new one so one with what i left off.

sunday the 31 i test fited my ramhorn manifold and found out 2 problen and begin to think why i got it for so cheap, but it
was an easy fix, first problen was the welder who weld on the manifold flange that connect to the head was welded on backward,
and i couldn't screw in the bolt, so what i did was use the header gasket to see if the hole was where it needed to be, they were
off only at the two outer hole, first off it made me though that it was a manifold made for another engine, but then i though about
flipping the gasket around and found out that every hole was all in it place and realize it was welded on backward, so using the
gasket as reference i remark where i need to redrill for an exact fit. Took it to a local machine shop to have it drill took only 10 min,
meanwhile the machiness came out and said to me "will i manage to drill it out but do you see the other problem" and there i look
closely to discover that the person that welded the manifold didn't take the time to grind down all the flange to flaten then out from
the weld warp, so i had my machiness grind it down for me and that took care of that.

Ramhorn after the redrill and grind down

New mugen lip, thin side molding, and seat bracket came in

test fited the eg side molding to see what modification had to be done

Now the reason for the modification is that i bought the thin side molding for an eg, because it was so cheaper like 15% of the price
that you would have to pay for a thin side molding for the ej $200 by the way, and plus i already have all the material i need to extend
the molding. As i research the side molding for the fender and door are interchangable between the eg and ej just not the quarter panel,
my plan is to cut the quarter panel molding into 3 pieces so i can ultilize all the 3 white clip and extended the molding using a fiberglass kit.
will post on a new thread.

Install the ek side skirt. Now i done ton s of reading and everyone said something about you need to cut the side somewhere to make
it fit, I don't know where that all got that from but the ek side skirt fit just fine without any cutting and trimming all i did was redrill hold
and screw then in place at both end and they fit perfectly.

install the lew lip and primer then up just to get a glance of what it would look like if i color match it to my car

Install the cheap ebay bracket to my bride seat (YEAH CHEAP EBAY BRACKET THEY MAY BE CHEAP BUT THEY GET THE JOD DONE)
Surprise i didn't even have to redrill them for the price they are they were worth it.

As night came by it started to rain and got colder by the sec, so i went to work inside and install the type r red suade door side panel, don't mind
my sone he not a late bloomer and is learning fast.

the interior is starting to come together now just waiting on the red carpet to arrive.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh snap that interior theme, very sexy.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do like ^
Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not a real Mugen lip. Ebay knockoff "Mugen style" lip, I have the same one. lol Coming along nicely.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NZXTInerTia
Not a real Mugen lip. Ebay knockoff "Mugen style" lip, I have the same one. lol Coming along nicely.
of course it a knock off i would never paid that much for an overpriced piece of plastic or rubber that you yourself know it going to be damage oneday not to say i hate the real stuff, i do like it i bet we all do but one thing we all never will agree on is the price unless your bill gates lolz.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Good job mate. Make it rain on those ricebois! Are you putting in the original D16 and turboing it or are you going B series? Put a B16 in!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazyhouse2011
Good job mate. Make it rain on those ricebois! Are you putting in the original D16 and turboing it or are you going B series? Put a B16 in!
putting in a fully build b18c1 never really have much love for the b16 unless it a b16b. And about the whole rice thing i think that getting pretty old as of right now if a Honda has any kind of mod beside rims is basically consider rice. im still planning on a little bit of rice mod and even plan on putting a sticker in the back windshield that say got rice b****! just to hurt some ppl

Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by frost_white_ej1
of course it a knock off i would never paid that much for an overpriced piece of plastic or rubber that you yourself know it going to be damage oneday not to say i hate the real stuff, i do like it i bet we all do but one thing we all never will agree on is the price unless your bill gates lolz.

Exactly! Mine has a dang crack in it from the stupid *** train tracks between my house and civilization.. Wouldn't ever buy a real deal one. The dumb kids always come in here talking about their "Real expensive *** Mugen lips" and it bothers the **** out of me. You seem a little more intelligent than that.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's the lip on eBay called I need the rear front and side skirts. Help of you can please. Btw your build is going very well brother keep up the good work man!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, your first car - looking back - is hilarious. But yea, the whole Fast and Furious scene was in back then. When I see such cars today, I get embarrassed.

Your build looks great. I'm jealous of those rims, very nice! Will check this often, I wanna see how things come along.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In for this. I have always wanted, and still do want to, do an all out body kit/spoiler/vinyl graphics/big wheeled/custom interior/boosted coupe of some sort, either accord or civic. just always sounded fun to me

Quick Reply: Ej1 Ressurection