Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

best way to prevent theft of our baby's

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best way to prevent theft of our baby's

is it me or has the theft threads seem to be growing every day. every time i come on here (almost everyday), i see a different car has been stolen. think it would be good to post everybodys idea to prevent this bullshit from happening. nobody put garage, cause that guy in the integra furom got his **** stolen from his garage, and not all of us have a one. just an idea what do u guys think??
Old 01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (mx621)

people have already covered this before. do a search no0b
Old 01-10-2006, 02:00 PM

http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/index.html

thats all you need
Old 01-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK-tacy98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">people have already covered this before. do a search no0b</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i am well aware of the search button, i am simply saying that theft looks to be getting higher here on h-t, and thought it would be a good idea to talk about it among everyone, and what differnt people do to prevent it. i feel this is a current topic, thats why i started the thread. i knew people like ourself would be quik to flame me, but hey if it makes u feel good, go right ahead there vet.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: (mx621)

15 kill switches, take your ecu with you, quick release, 4 different set of wheel locks, alarm that calls your cell... even with all that it can easiliy get stolen. if they want it, they can get it no matter what you do
Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Bloody Beaver

Default Re: (97spooncivic)

live in an area that isn't crawling with douchebags that idolize econo cars.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (mx621)

Well I, for one, will not flame you. I worry about this everyday, it's rather annoying. So here is what I did.

Two way pager alarm with back up battery and 2 extra pizzos (sirens).
Three kill switches, all mounted in various hard to see areas.
Key locks for my hood, even if it's not CF you can still have them installed.
Wheel locks that require a custom made key.

I also park my car in a well-lit area and check to see if it's there by activating my alarm when I feel the need to.

I used to take my ECU out, but it got annoying, so now I'm working on mounting it under my rear passenger seats.

Hope that helps out anyone looking for ideas.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (sagron69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">people have already covered this before. do a search no0b</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am getting really sick of **** like this. The forum is here to help, not for you to increase your post count with pointless drivel like this. Just about everything about anything that involes our cars has been covered...do you want all the posting to stop? I sure as hell don't and unlike you I don't have a problem helping people because unlike you I have this little thing called knowledge. Don't ever post anything like this again, it is a disgrace to the forum and it gives those of us that have a measureable IQ a bad name.

To the original poster, read this, it is just about everything you would ever want to know.

http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/index.html
Old 01-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (JDM-97CX)

thank you jdm-97crx, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bus pass? rental car? .....lol

Don't have flash on your car.....
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am getting really sick of **** like this. The forum is here to help, not for you to increase your post count with pointless drivel like this. Just about everything about anything that involes our cars has been covered...do you want all the posting to stop? I sure as hell don't and unlike you I don't have a problem helping people because unlike you I have this little thing called knowledge. Don't ever post anything like this again, it is a disgrace to the forum and it gives those of us that have a measureable IQ a bad name. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was getting mad at this too. I was wandering will people start saying "go search google ".
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM
ballin

Default Re: best way to prevent theft of our baby's (nomorehatch)

There's a 5 page topic about this that still being posted on.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1477789
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 AM

honestly i think when thieves start noticing your car is when it gets flashy...get a carbon fiber hood but paint it to match the car...dont get real flashy rims and youll be good
Old 01-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (x_outlaw_x)

i understand your cry for help really..well not really a cry for help...but it hits home and is personal to some degree when someone posts up that their civic/teg/accord/honda has been stolen..because really its just a feeling of "it coulda been me"..

but really..there is no real definite answer to your question/statement...we cant control theft..we can only attempt to prevent it..thats about it..really the best solution is not in our hands...and that would be very very strict punishments from the judicial system for theives..for example..grand theft auto would equal to 25 years..of course this is extreme..and would cause an imbalance in our system...

to be brief..it just comes with the territory man..but dont go around spreading plague like others who just say "If they want it they'll get it no matter what you do"..this not true of course..any thief with common sense would know not to challenge the car's owner while hes holding a 12 guage shotgun to his face...but really its not worth it staying up all night...in the end..its just a car..and dont put yourself in danger for a machine

just make sure you get the basics...full coverage insurance...some club locks for clutch n wheel/shifter..a basic alarm..hell if you want get a kill switch...if you care so much and are so paranoid..then garage it with a dog in the garage...

finding piece of mind in this is like saying "well what can we do to make sure we never die of anything but old age and natural causes"...**** happens..just make sure your prepared to handle it if anyone does take your ****..and know its not worth it to do something stupid..karma comes back...holy **** that was a rant..peace out to all my homies over in petsmart WHUT WHUUUUUT!