Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

best tires on the market??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tires on the market??

best tires on the market??

trying to get everyones info on the tires!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:45 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: best tires on the market?? (gulfinc)

I guess I'll be the first to say it.

You really need to give more info than that to get a good responce. What are the tires going to be used for? Daily, AutoX, Summer, All Season, Winter, ect. Also, what rim will these be going on? The sizes of the rim will help as well. Diameter, Width, Offset. Give this information and you will probably see a much better responce from people.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (TouringAccord)

^^^^^--He's absolutely right--^^^^^

depends on the purpose for the tire

dot legal cheap performance ---> falken azenis
Old 08-17-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (Sijray21)

Michelin Pilots hug the road, and at a good price
Old 08-17-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (Mini_Me)

Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: best tires on the market?? (Mini_Me)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mini_Me &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Michelin Pilots hug the road, and at a good price </TD></TR></TABLE>

What?!?!?!!? Michelin Pilots and "good price" in the same sentence??!?!?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yokohama avs es100's are a good street tire. good wet and dry traction. probably the best bang for the buck... $56 for 15s.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (kommon_sense)

ive had pretty good luck w/ kuhmo's... but ive only ran some dunlops, kuhmos, and a busted *** set of toyo's....

// busted9seven
Old 08-17-2004, 09:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gulfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">best tires on the market??

trying to get everyones info on the tires!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

..and you sell tires??
Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 AM

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (JDM Ninja)

trying to fig out what every one like falken ,handkood,yokohamas the works!
Old 08-18-2004, 12:20 AM
TSPeed Factory

i'm lovin my bridgestone potenzas . i really don't like falken azenis for daily driving.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:42 AM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I havent had any problems with my Falken Ziex's. They handle well on dry and wet surfaces... but I don't drag on them or anything like that but they're fine for daily driving.

I have the 205/50/15 512's
Old 08-18-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Re: (eL)

if u can afford them michelin pilots no doubt i love them and dont use anything else besides them......... never ahd problems and hug the road ohhh so well gotta love the michelins peace
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: (gezer)

i work at discount tire and my manager tells me those pilots are really good.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H.A.R.T b16a1crx)

I had some yokohama low pro's on 17's on my old civic and the tread seemed stay strong up till the day I sold it...so just my input
Old 08-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would have to say yokohama parada spec 2's, have them on my h22eg set and they never spin with all the torque
Old 08-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skaterguy)

yokohama parada spec 2's, i have them on my b20eg and they never spin with all the torque...
Old 08-18-2004, 03:54 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gulfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">trying to fig out what every one like falken ,handkood,yokohamas the works!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You've bumped this twice and still haven't specified what you looking for in a tire. Or are you just wanting people to tell you what tire they like and what they use it for? If so, then you should have specified that. Anyways...

I haven't used Falken Azenis, but I do plan on getting them for AutoX since I hear they are good sticky tires but wear fast. I Kumho 712's and they were alright for daily driving but they did wear down a little fast and I didn't like how they follow the road. I'm going to be trying the Yokohama AVS ES100's next. I hear they are decent for daily driving and I like the solid rib going around the center of the tire to help it track better and not follow the road as much. I had Hankook Snow tires and they felt good in the winter, I also have Dunlop snow tires and they are good as well.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What?!?!?!!? Michelin Pilots and "good price" in the same sentence??!?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i was thinking the same thing, lol

michelin's are good tires, but as long as i'm on a budget, i will never purchase them
Old 08-18-2004, 07:06 AM

Falken Ziex 512
Old 08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TouringAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I haven't used Falken Azenis, but I do plan on getting them for AutoX since I hear they are good sticky tires but wear fast. I Kumho 712's and they were alright for daily driving but they did wear down a little fast and I didn't like how they follow the road. I'm going to be trying the Yokohama AVS ES100's next. I hear they are decent for daily driving and I like the solid rib going around the center of the tire to help it track better and not follow the road as much. I had Hankook Snow tires and they felt good in the winter, I also have Dunlop snow tires and they are good as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your posts are always excelent and informative, just to give you some props. Now back OT:

I had the Azenis as my street tire last year for my daily driver and autocrossing, since I didn't have a set of street only rims. They are a fantastic bargain, and have excellent grip, and very stiff sidewall. They do tend to heat up alot between runs, so I spray them to keep a consistant feel throught the day. They were very quiet and good in the rain at first. Now with about 20K on them and countless track days (about 50% tread) they're noisy as hell, and not so confident in standing water (still better than stock though).

You're right on with the Khumo's.

The Yoko's are probably the best street tire I've used based on the value and performance. Very cheap (just a few bucks more than the zenis) and they even held up to 6 autocross runs (zenis were in storage) and 1/2 day of SOLO school (didn't have time to swap in the morning) fairly well. Of course, they're not a track tire, so the sidewall wasn't as stiff as the Falkens, and the ultimate grip wasn't as high, but performed awesome for a street tire. They're also great in the wet and quiet (although I'm starting to be able to hear them as they wear).

Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Senor Miembro

Falken Ziex 205 50 15 ZE-512 /220 shipped

best bang for the buck!

especially with that rim/lip protector

Old 08-18-2004, 07:40 AM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ECAhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ECAhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Falken Ziex 205 50 15 ZE-512 /220 shipped

best bang for the buck!

especially with that rim/lip protector

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Arnt those discontinued?

EDIT: Sorry thats the 502's
Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: best tires on the market?? (EX_AutoXer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX_AutoXer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your posts are always excelent and informative, just to give you some props. Now back OT:

I had the Azenis as my street tire last year for my daily driver and autocrossing, since I didn't have a set of street only rims. They are a fantastic bargain, and have excellent grip, and very stiff sidewall. They do tend to heat up alot between runs, so I spray them to keep a consistant feel throught the day. They were very quiet and good in the rain at first. Now with about 20K on them and countless track days (about 50% tread) they're noisy as hell, and not so confident in standing water (still better than stock though).

You're right on with the Khumo's.

The Yoko's are probably the best street tire I've used based on the value and performance. Very cheap (just a few bucks more than the zenis) and they even held up to 6 autocross runs (zenis were in storage) and 1/2 day of SOLO school (didn't have time to swap in the morning) fairly well. Of course, they're not a track tire, so the sidewall wasn't as stiff as the Falkens, and the ultimate grip wasn't as high, but performed awesome for a street tire. They're also great in the wet and quiet (although I'm starting to be able to hear them as they wear).

</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, thanks for the props.

I hope to be AutoXing starting next summer. When that time comes I'll be getting the Azenis on a specific set of rims.

Right now I have '02' Si rims with stock tires, which are 1" to big in diameter for my car right now. I'm just using them for the summer and then over the winter I plan to remove the tires and have them powder coated flat black, because the finish isn't that great, and put the ES100's on for daily driving next summer.

You said you have the ES100's? I heard they are good in both the dry and the wet, has the wet grip faded noticably as the tire wears or does it stay fairly consistant? How much does the road noice increase as the tire wears? How many miles and tread is left on them? Trying to see how quickly they wear, granted you also said you used them for 6 autoX runs and 1/2 day of SOLO school but I would still like to know if you don't mind. TIA
Old 08-18-2004, 09:01 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subject has been beaten to death, search.

Quick Reply: best tires on the market??