Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving.

I will purchasing an EK soon, and i am looking to do an engine transplant, oh yes, the oh so inevitable. It looks like the B18C5 is the engine i am going to go with since i will be staying N/A. Anyway.... About my suspension.... i have 2 setups i have in my head and i want to ask you boys what you think will be better.
Setup #1:
Comptech Sport Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks
Comptech Sport Rear Sway Bar/Tie Bar
Skunk2 Front Upper Camber Kit
Comptech Rear Camber Kit (Rubber Bushings)
Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex System Complete Master Bushing Set
Am i missing anything? Upper or Lower Strut Bars? What do you think???
Setup #2
Tein Type Flex Driving Spec Control Master coil-overs w/ Electronic Damping Force Controller (EDFC)
Comptech Sport Rear Sway Bar/Tie Bar
Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex System Complete Master Bushing Set
Would i still need to use front and rear Camber kits with coil-overs?
Well i do alot of highway driving. When i am going through backroads i demand no swaying comparable to Noah's Arc, it drives me absolutely nuts, i want to have the car nice and flat with no body roll when entering and leaving a corner. So thats basically similair to AutoX suspension ability. I also might want to race someone at a light one night and i would like to have a suspension setup that will be give a better chance at the car next to me. What setup do you guys is BETTER for everday driving with exceptional response a must? Any help would be great. Thanks alot!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (MJ23FE)

why would u ever not buy TEIN??

i have the HA on my EK

love them, right now 10front 8rear
last week i tried out 15f/13r but lost traction a lot, very bumpy, but highway was nice and offramps etc..

I'd get teins and the EDFC, i think i heard that the EDFC was gonna come out for al models soon
Old 10-16-2002, 01:38 PM
EEK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (MJ23FE)

if you have the money buy the teins
I got the SS and they ride good as ****
Old 10-16-2002, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (pkek)

why would u ever not buy TEIN??
because not everyone are millionaires

either sounds fine, but if you have the money go tiens

[Modified by Mrfirefox, 6:44 PM 10/16/2002]
Old 10-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Future Texas Boy

"who do I buy teins from?"

~me! haha drop me a line and i`ll hook you up.

Ryan
Old 10-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (vtecvoodoo)

"who do I buy teins from?"
~me! haha drop me a line and i`ll hook you up.
Thanks alot Ryan, i added your sn to my bl, i will give you a shout when i am ready to make a purchase!

You all suggested the Tein's which is cool to hear. Now which Tein kit woul you guys recommend me get that would give me the best of everything? I would definately go with the EDFC no doubt about that!
Should i get front and rear upper strut bars? Front lower arm bar? If i were to get them i would use Spoon, price is kinda high but not for the quality you get, also they are really bland and will blend nicely. Tell me what you guys think? Pro's and Con's of getting strut bars and front arm bar. Remember, i want to use the Comptech Sport Rear SwayBar/Tie Bar.
I am looking for somewhat neutral handling. Should i be looking for more under or oversteer??? I think that neutral would be best because you could predict where the car would go. Well please post remarks and help a guy out!

[Modified by MJ23FE, 7:53 PM 10/16/2002]

[Modified by MJ23FE, 7:53 PM 10/16/2002]
Old 10-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why doesnt anyone answer my post???? Come on guys help a fellow HT member in need of your advice! It would be greatly appreciated. I'll buy whoever helps me the most a beer! Thanks guys!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

zeals or teins. CASE CLOSED> As for the model, that all depends on how much you want to spend, it you want cromoly or aluminum and what you want for dampen ing adjustablilty.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (northwesthonda)

#2 because it's 3-way adjustable (height, dampening, pre-load). #1 is only 2 way (height, dampening). Pre-load is very very useful on the street -- it allows you to slam your car and still retain full suspension travel. The height is adjusted by the shock body length, not by raising/lowering the spring perch like in a normal 2-way adjustable setup.

Though if you're serious about handling, I'd opt for the Buddy Club RS, Zeal S6, or even Tein RA. Cost a little more, but worth it!
Old 10-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspension setup for an EK for daily agressive driving. (CheezeFrog)

#2 because it's 3-way adjustable (height, dampening, pre-load). #1 is only 2 way (height, dampening). Pre-load is very very useful on the street -- it allows you to slam your car and still retain full suspension travel. The height is adjusted by the shock body length, not by raising/lowering the spring perch like in a normal 2-way adjustable setup.
What do you mean by #2 and #1??? And please which Tein is 3-way adjustable?
Should i get front and rear upper strut bars? Front lower arm bar? If i were to get them i would use Spoon, price is kinda high but not for the quality you get, also they are really bland and will blend nicely. Tell me what you guys think? Pro's and Con's of getting strut bars and front arm bar. Remember, i want to use the Comptech Sport Rear SwayBar/Tie Bar.
I am looking for somewhat neutral handling. Should i be looking for more under or oversteer??? I think that neutral would be best because you could predict where the car would go. Well please post remarks and help a guy out!
Please guys, help me out.... answer the questions i ask! LoL! I appreciate your help soo much. Thanks again!