Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST performance ecu for B16a2?

Like the title says what is it? For best gas mileage good rpm idling etc. thx
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BEST performance ecu for B16a2?

Any mods?

If not or if its just a I/H/E just use the stock ecu...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hannslebo
Any mods?

If not or if its just a I/H/E just use the stock ecu...
after market headers and diff engine mounts and im running a p28 ecu.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For best mileage/idle/etc.

Run the stock p30...

I had a "can tuned" higher rev/launch control/etc....p28 in my last b16 coupe and it ran better with the stock one.

It even started to spit/sputter right before I got rid of it...I put the p30 back in and didn't have the problem anymore.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Run the damn P30 already. You were told this in your last thread. And there is no such thing as a "performance ECU".
Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 PM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prob meant chipped p28
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by Dc4LsTeG
Prob meant chipped p28
Right. In his other thread he was advised to either get the proper ECU for his engine or get a better basemap for his chipped ECU. Now he's in here asking the noob question about what is "best".

If you're going to ask the same question, just worded differently, over and over, expect the same answers from the same people who's patience with you will wear thin real real quick.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

p30. there is no best.
without a tuning program then actual tuning could you ever make it "performance".
and if its stock just put it in there and stop touching stuff.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Right. In his other thread he was advised to either get the proper ECU for his engine or get a better basemap for his chipped ECU. Now he's in here asking the noob question about what is "best".

If you're going to ask the same question, just worded differently, over and over, expect the same answers from the same people who's patience with you will wear thin real real quick.
Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore people that have questions that are annoying to you?? Damn near every post I see you in, rarely has anything helpful to people asking for help. You just down talk them and tell them to search or post in the right spot. I understand your tag says, "the grumpiest" but dang give people a break rather than go out of your way to put them down. I realize your post counter is in the 11k range, but how many of those posts is you actually helping those seeking it?? Not trying to down your knowledge or anything, but share it if you have it. It's easier to type a simple reply to a question then to go out of your way just to tell someone to do a search.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Red_Army
p30. there is no best.
without a tuning program then actual tuning could you ever make it "performance".
and if its stock just put it in there and stop touching stuff.
Ty for the help
Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And my bad for reposting or what not, still kinda new to this whole scene just trying to suck in all the knowledge I can. TY ALL for the help MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED! Just like any other guy on here, I just want my car run it's full potential and not waste gas and have sheet running correctly. An yet there's still so much more to learn!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaScene
And my bad for reposting or what not, still kinda new to this whole scene just trying to suck in all the knowledge I can. TY ALL for the help MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED! Just like any other guy on here, I just want my car run it's full potential and not waste gas and have sheet running correctly. An yet there's still so much more to learn!
"The grumpiest" is "grumpy" because people do things they are incapable of doing without the necessary knowledge needed to do the task, i.e, rim fitment, suspension upgrades, and most imoportantly engine upgrades. It doesnt even begin to make sense to swap an engine if you know nothing about how it runs and what it needs to run, I'm not kissing *** here but its annoying. Which is best for this or that questons get annoying. Thats what these forums are for, but if people would just search or research before doing something to their own car it would save everyone the headache of arguing and constanly asking the same questions over and over.

OP no stock ECU is a "performance" ECU. and with performance you lose mpg and reliability in most cases. Have the P28 moderatly tuned and go from there.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by Civic2Fast
Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore people that have questions that are annoying to you?? Damn near every post I see you in, rarely has anything helpful to people asking for help. You just down talk them and tell them to search or post in the right spot. I understand your tag says, "the grumpiest" but dang give people a break rather than go out of your way to put them down. I realize your post counter is in the 11k range, but how many of those posts is you actually helping those seeking it?? Not trying to down your knowledge or anything, but share it if you have it. It's easier to type a simple reply to a question then to go out of your way just to tell someone to do a search.
What does any of this have to do with the topic? He was already instructed what to do in another thread and started this one to ask the same exact question but rephrased. As if what he was told previously wasn't even said.
Originally Posted by grumblemarc
What? A P28 is not the proper ECU for that engine. Go to Phearable.net and have them burn a proper chip. $35.

What ECU is in it and how do you know it's actually chipped?
Originally Posted by Red_Army
get a p30. or run a p30 basemap on the p28.
either way use phearable.net good place.
So it's okay for people to post needlessly? I didn't tell him to search sir. You have me confused.

I'll say only this. If you have a problem with me personally, or anything I say in the forums either PM me or report it to a mod. But keep it out of the forums. For someone that's been here longer than most you should know that much.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civic2Fast

Omg omg I'm rolling right now yes!!!!!

Last edited by RT_NEWYORK; 02-09-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RT_NEWYORK
Omg omg I'm rolling right now yes!!!!!
^^^Waste of a post. Did he not just say someting about unnecessary posts?

OP, get a tunable ECU and have a slight tune put on the engine. Please do not make another thread worded differently about the same topic. your question has been answered in two threads now. i havent been here long but im already seeing why HT gets such a bad rep.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Use an ECU from a '02 Corvette. It's plug and play.

LOL just kidding...