Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

? on best lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on best lowering springs

ok, i know that i should just buy the tein kit, but i dont have the money for that right now. the s tech springs are on national back order, i was just wondering what springs would be best for my cx hatch. i just want it lowered for Cruisefest nationals in may.

any help would be nice, and pics if you have them
Old 04-20-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (slowEh2)

I think H&R make a nice, affordable set of springs
Old 04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (2slo2ugly)

GC coilovers...you will thank yourself later. If you really need me to explain why coilovers are better I will but I don't feel like it right now.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (2slo2ugly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2slo2ugly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think H&R make a nice, affordable set of springs</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is taken from the accord thread but I think it would still be applicable here:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accord basics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2)H&R-another popular spring makers, offering three type of spring for accord.
They are the <U>cheaper alternative to eibach</U>, which like eibach, <U>their springs are very good in quality</U>.

a)O.E. SPEC spring- they are what my friends called "***** drop", it lower the car like less than an inch or so. they are built with a higher spring rate=stiffer ride. Perfect for sleeper, i guess.

b)SPORT-another ultra popular springs for the honda crowd, they are cheap and works, need aftermarket shocks to accompany the increased rate.

c)RACE-the low-est spring h&r offer, you'll need to throw in some aftermarket shocks for this springs also. They are progressive spring, alot of people experience some "clunking" when the lower part of the coil hit each other when the spring is compressed
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So if you want to lower it anything over an inch you should probably look at shocks too. Or are these just going to be for the show and taken off afterwards?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Eibach's are the way to go but if you can afford it try to get some ground controls
Old 04-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (ALLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eibach's are the way to go but if you can afford it try to get some ground controls</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pro-Kits and Sportlines are the biggest pieces of **** ever made.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (BauleyCivic)

But doesn't GC use eibach springs in their kits?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pro-Kits and Sportlines are the biggest pieces of **** ever made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please explain why?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pro-Kits and Sportlines are the biggest pieces of **** ever made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would also like to know...

yet, you tell him to use ground controls, which use eibach springs...

:confused:
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM

i know GC coilovers are nice but i just want something to lower the car for about a month, in june i will have enough for the tein RA setup but im not going to pay $300 for something i will use for a month. i just want some springs for like a month, thank you for all of your imput.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowEh2)

then just check eBay.

OR check the classifieds. Do a search for "springs" in the classifieds section of HT.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:34 AM

what about skunk2 springs
Old 04-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowEh2)

if they are only going to be on for a month then why worry about quality? Its not going to be on long enough for you to beat on heavily is it? It's just something you're going to be cruising on right?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:42 AM

yea just to roll on for a little bit. im gettin them for cheap, are they good springs or not.???
Old 04-20-2004, 10:55 AM

Yeah Tien SS is what my friend has on his GSR and my god they hug the road, but if you dont have the money H & R is the way to go, I got them on my DSM (eclipse GST) but they are good, a little more body roll but worth the $.
mikey
Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (ALLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Please explain why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, first off lowering springs generally have lower rates than coilover springs. Lowering springs are much higher, and therefore can compress more, which equals a lower spring rate and more body roll.

I have had personal experience with eibach sportlines on my friends integra (username Sander on HT). The sportlines lowered his car in the back, but there was still a massive gap in the front, it only looked like it had been lowered in the rear. Handling was horrible, there was not much of an improvement over stock.

Now, considering that the sportlines are a more "aggressive" spring than the pro-kit, i'm assuming the pro kit is bullshit also. They are beginning lowering springs, lowering the car slightly from stock (1.25" or something) with a slightly stiffer rate. Basically they are a big waste of money.

Now, I am not saying that these eibach springs are not quality products, they are, I am just saying that they are pretty much pointless if you are trying to actually turn your car into a well-handling vehicle.

The Ground Control coilovers have much stiffer rates than the sportlines, allow for full adjustability (meaning you can raise the front/rear as much as you'd like), AND to top it off they use quality eibach ERS springs.

GC
Old 04-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are only going to be on these springs for a month, why not just wait till you get your Teins? That's a waste of time and money for just one month.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:07 PM

thanks for all of your replies. i have come up with about $700 by selling stuff i no longer needed. i am going to buy tanabe pro s-oc type 2 this week. im excited. thanks alot for your help
Old 04-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, first off lowering springs generally have lower rates than coilover springs. Lowering springs are much higher, and therefore can compress more, which equals a lower spring rate and more body roll.

I have had personal experience with eibach sportlines on my friends integra (username Sander on HT). The sportlines lowered his car in the back, but there was still a massive gap in the front, it only looked like it had been lowered in the rear. Handling was horrible, there was not much of an improvement over stock.

Now, considering that the sportlines are a more "aggressive" spring than the pro-kit, i'm assuming the pro kit is bullshit also. They are beginning lowering springs, lowering the car slightly from stock (1.25" or something) with a slightly stiffer rate. Basically they are a big waste of money.

Now, I am not saying that these eibach springs are not quality products, they are, I am just saying that they are pretty much pointless if you are trying to actually turn your car into a well-handling vehicle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was the worst "tech" asnwer I have ever seen. Almost everything you said was 100% incorrect.

If you do not like our product, that`s fine. At least know what you are talking about though.

Ryan
Old 04-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (vtecvoodoo)

ive used SKUNK2 before, i liked em.
friend has eibach. he loves em.
im thinking about tein for my newest car (just the springs)
and they are not on back order... i can get them at a few local shops for less than $180.
(trying to talk them down if i buy struts along with em)

also, PROCARPARTS.COM has tein springs.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:01 PM

Post back and let us know how that setup is.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have some eibach sportlines that I love. I've been using them for about 2 years now and they still ride great. Id recommend those or the prokit (depending on the drop you want)
Old 05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Risky Business

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That was the worst "tech" asnwer I have ever seen. Almost everything you said was 100% incorrect.

If you do not like our product, that`s fine. At least know what you are talking about though.

Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Enlighten me. Now that i'm the moderator I don't want to be posting incorrect information.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eibach sportlines sag over time!! i've witnessed it in person on various hondas.. that's why i went h&r
Old 05-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ? on best lowering springs (ieatrice)

i have skunk2 coilovers and i am pleased with them. my buddy has GC coilovers on his car and they are very nice as well