Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

best engine ......?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best engine ......?

ok guys im new to this new website h-t i have been runing around in my 92 hatch... i have intake, exhaust, and im debating between engines i wanted to throw in a type R, or b20.... but i was wondering if theres anyother sujestions(miss-spelled) out there? i want it to fit no custom work and i want it fast... please help
Old 06-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: best engine ......? (707hatch)

try the 92+ forum

and try the "search" button. They'll probably tear you a new one if you go in the EG forum and ask the same exact question. Actually, most people would do that in any forum on this site, but since yo'ure new, I'm trying to be nice. Seriously, just search. Your question has been asked hundreds of times. I probably searched on this site for over a year before i ever posted my first message.
Anyways, good luck, and welcome to H-T.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Electrician

Default Re: best engine ......? (Mr_CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr_CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try the 92+ forum

and try the "search" button. They'll probably tear you a new one if you go in the EG forum and ask the same exact question. Actually, most people would do that in any forum on this site, but since yo'ure new, I'm trying to be nice. Seriously, just search. Your question has been asked hundreds of times. I probably searched on this site for over a year before i ever posted my first message.
Anyways, good luck, and welcome to H-T.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, I think you're a rocket scientist. This is the EG+ Forums. You, my friend, are in the wrong forum. Have a nice day.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:34 PM
GDD4LIFE

Default Re: best engine ......? (Mr_CRX)

The type-r swap will be easier than the B20 swap if that's what you want to know. and you'll have a much better engine

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow, I think you're a rocket scientist. This is the EG+ Forums. You, my friend, are in the wrong forum. Have a nice day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You must be in the science of stupidity...obviously the thread was moved
Old 06-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best engine ......? (phthalo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phthalo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The type-r swap will be easier than the B20 swap if that's what you want to know. and you'll have a much better engine</TD></TR></TABLE>

just wondering for my information...why would that be?? as in the b20 swap harder to do then B18c5?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Electrician

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phthalo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The type-r swap will be easier than the B20 swap if that's what you want to know. and you'll have a much better engine

You must be in the science of stupidity...obviously the thread was moved</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well since I don't have a 1991 or older Civic, I don't visit that forum very much. Try to put 2 and 2 together next time.

Maybe he made a mistake and came into this forum instead of the EF Forum.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:44 PM
GDD4LIFE

Default Re: best engine ......? (Mr.RHTuner)

well it's not harder its just that you have to get a different tranny cause obviously you can't put an awd tranny into a civic; so it will turn into a "custom job."
Old 06-09-2004, 12:45 PM
GDD4LIFE

Default Re: best engine ......? (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe he made a mistake and came into this forum instead of the EF Forum. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the world may never know my friend
Old 06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010
Old 06-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best engine ......? (HUBB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HUBB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010 </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-09-2004, 01:59 PM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: best engine ......? (Dimi)

Well maybe instead of trying to be an ******* first and assume, you could in turn lend some "usefull" info.

Having a '92 Hatch you are pretty much blessed with doing just about any swap you want. Pretty much any and all 92+ B-Series swaps will bolt-in with out any modification what so ever.

USDM one's being the easiest. If you can afford the ITR swap right off the bat cool. If not you can always do an LS or B20 swap as it will be a good improvement over stock and build it later or do a B16A swap and vice versa. JDM swaps are probably going to be easier and cheaper then sourcing a USDM one from your junk yard. Don't count out the H series as it offers quite a good bang for the buck if you are interested in having a "hot street car" or dragging. It doesn't really offer much more "custom" work. If you are having a shop do it, I wouldn't trust them if they weren't up to it anyways.

Bottom line there have been THOUSANDS of swaps done and there is so much info out there. I mean C-Speedracing as well as TONS of other sites including this one (I mean we have a forum dedicated to it) offer pic by pic step by step instructions on how to do it.

Sit down and figure out what you want to do with the car and then assess your budget (realistically). Meaning don't just count the price of the swap. Figure a good $2000 more no joke if you want to do it right and don't plan on doing any work yourself. Seriously it will end up costing you a lot more then you may think.

Now get searching.