Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors....

*EDIT* Roebear Racing has these mirrors on sale for $110. If you are interested in getting a set for your car, check them out

i ordered mine from him and it was a very smooth sale. good seller

http://robearracing.com/pd_hon...k.cfm

i am really tired of the lame-*** stock mirrors on my 96 coupe . i don't want the real ones from a ctr. well actually its not that i don't want them, its more that i don't want to pay for them and don't want the mirrors to be "backwards" due to the rhd.

are these the "best" knock-offs you can get? as far as price and quality? i really haven't read anything bad about them, and they are what i'm looking for- non-power folding, but power mirrors. also, i assume they are set up for our U.S. spec cars...

http://216.82.69.117/detail.as...M-BLK

btw, just curious, how much do the real things go for? and they are power-folding, correct? if you were to get power-folding mirrors, is wiring them up pretty extensive?

THANKS

Modified by lj17 at 3:55 PM 9/16/2004

Modified by lj17 at 4:39 PM 9/16/2004
Old 09-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (lj17)

I'm interested in this as well. I've contacted a few members with those mirrors and they seem to like them. I'll be getting some non power of those pretty soon I think.

If you buy the real deal CTRs you'll need to buy a switch as well and I know theres some wiring info floating around here somewhere, but I don't have it.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm interested in this as well. I've contacted a few members with those mirrors and they seem to like them. I'll be getting some non power of those pretty soon I think.

If you buy the real deal CTRs you'll need to buy a switch as well and I know theres some wiring info floating around here somewhere, but I don't have it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mirrors, switch, and relay-box.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Prelude mirrors work too. Not sure if they do but its a rumor thats been circulating for the longest time. Someone needs to check it out
Old 09-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (EBP-Si)

thanks people. i did read some info about wiring them, but its seemed a little sketchy. something about a guy wanting the mirrors to fold in when he turned his key off, and fold back out when the key was switched on. also i think someone said that there was a switch on your e-brake (maybe only 92-95) so whenever you parked and pulled the brake, they would fold in. it does sound pretty sweet, but there is really no use for it (for me anyway) and with all that would be involved it wouldn't be worth it. especially the cost. i just was curious how much a pair of real jdm mirrors would run, with the switch and all that.

i'll proabably go for the ones i linked to in my first post. the price is right, and they seem to be pretty good. this is the first i heard about the 'lude mirrors. i probably won't go that route. the ones for $120 are a lot easier imho. someone else can be the "lab rat" and try swapping them
Old 09-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

::Starts trying to figure out who locally has a Lude to borrow mirrors from::

Any idea on the generation Lude you need mirrors from?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">::Starts trying to figure out who locally has a Lude to borrow mirrors from::

Any idea on the generation Lude you need mirrors from? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was about to ask the same thing. Anyone in the So Cal area that has the correct prelude mirrors and I'll test it out for you.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (DOHC4life)

Most likely the last generation prelude. I read somewhere on h-t, that CTR mirrors and prelude are basically the same part.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (em1-ebp-si)

no word on the prelude mirrors yet? just wondering....
i'm most likely going to order the autodynamic ones today or tomorrow. i need to get them soon so i can take them to the shop to get painted
Old 09-14-2004, 02:49 PM

5th gen prelude (97-01) will work and fit onto the 96-00 civic coupe and hatchback. i prefer OEM over aftermarket but i been searching for the prelude mirrors for about a year now and its really hard to get a hold of. i talked to other people that have the mirrors that is mention in the first post and they say they are great and none of them had a complaint about them at all.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (anekin007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anekin007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5th gen prelude (97-01) will work and fit onto the 96-00 civic coupe and hatchback. i prefer OEM over aftermarket but i been searching for the prelude mirrors for about a year now and its really hard to get a hold of. i talked to other people that have the mirrors that is mention in the first post and they say they are great and none of them had a complaint about them at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this true? they look different to me, i got 2 set of JDM mirrors that i bought when i was in japan (non powered) for 70 buck a pop....i might goto my local junk yard and get some...
Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (anekin007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anekin007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5th gen prelude (97-01) will work and fit onto the 96-00 civic coupe and hatchback. i prefer OEM over aftermarket but i been searching for the prelude mirrors for about a year now and its really hard to get a hold of. i talked to other people that have the mirrors that is mention in the first post and they say they are great and none of them had a complaint about them at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats cool, but if its been a year and you didn't locate any yet, it would probably take me 10 years. there are NO preludes around my area. i only know of one guy that has one, and the local yards very seldom get any lude parts, and they probably never had a set of mirrors come through. i know i could look on ebay and all that, but i'm just going to order the autodynamic ones. it will be a lot easier and i've only heard good things

thanks for all the input!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm

are RHD EG mirrors backwards too??
Old 09-14-2004, 03:55 PM

http://www.autodynamic.com
Old 09-14-2004, 06:37 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33649

$60, $15 S&H, 1 day left. Ends Sep-16-04 14:24:11 PDT. Hurry up!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheIntegraGuy)

yea autodynamic got some pretty nice ones
Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm

are RHD EG mirrors backwards too??</TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm, i would say yes. any rhd car would have different mirrors than a lhd. not sure how different it is though...might not be too bad, but people say it is distorted or whatever. like i said, i have no idea, i just want mirrors made for a left hand drive. screw jdm!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TallAssFilipino &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33649

$60, $15 S&H, 1 day left. Ends Sep-16-04 14:24:11 PDT. Hurry up!</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice find, but aren't those the real ones? because it says honda on the underside? if they are the real ctr ones, i actually don't want them because of the rhd, like i said above. although my car is silver, so they should match up pretty good...
Old 09-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm

are RHD EG mirrors backwards too??</TD></TR></TABLE>

hell yeah! i had them on my old EG. i liked how they fold, but u couldn't see **** out the driver side mirror. there was a major angle problem.. sucked! the driver mirror became useless..
Old 09-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lj17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ummm, i would say yes. any rhd car would have different mirrors than a lhd. not sure how different it is though...might not be too bad, but people say it is distorted or whatever. like i said, i have no idea, i just want mirrors made for a left hand drive. screw jdm!

nice find, but aren't those the real ones? because it says honda on the underside? if they are the real ctr ones, i actually don't want them because of the rhd, like i said above. although my car is silver, so they should match up pretty good... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like this man. Yes they are real. Look at the orientation of the convex mirror. It would normally be a passenger side mirror that is convex, but on that one, it would be the drivers side.

I wish they were good knockoffs, because I need to get mine painted silver as well.

EDIT: When I got my spoon knockoffs, both peices of glass were convex. It makes things appear further away then they are (notice the little message for this on your passenger side mirror) and distorted. I hated mine, so I ended up pushing my finger through the drivers side mirror trying to get any visibility out of it.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (ieatrice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I like this man. </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm, what?

i can't see the difference in the mirrors, they both look the same to me. but i'll take your word for it

i'll just stick to the origional plan and get the ones for $120 and get them color-matched *sigh*

EDIT, you ended up pushing your finger through the mirror? wtf was it made out of?!? jello?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember an old post on ClubSi. Some guy bought the mirrors from autodynamic and color matched it. He said they worked fine and looked just like the CTR ones. For $120, its a good deal. I wouldnt really care if they didnt fold when the car was turned off. The mirrors look 200x better than the civic dumbo ear mirros
Old 09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lj17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't want the mirrors to be "backwards" due to the rhd.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I posted a question a while ago regarding fitting USDM mirrors into the JDM CTR mirror housing. You may want to check out that thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=843326
Old 09-15-2004, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors.... (EricUSC)

thanks EricUSA, that never really crossed my mind. partly because i don't really have an interest the the real ones. i just want folding, not power-folding. that swap would get too expensive for me anyway. i have no problem getting the knock-offs. i could care less about "real JDM". the only JDM part i have is my oil cap, and that is good enough for me.

thanks for all the responses!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lj17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

umm, what?

i can't see the difference in the mirrors, they both look the same to me. but i'll take your word for it

i'll just stick to the origional plan and get the ones for $120 and get them color-matched *sigh*

EDIT, you ended up pushing your finger through the mirror? wtf was it made out of?!? jello? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I've been planning to do for almost a year now, but either I can never find the time, or it just plain slips my mind.

They were glass, I guess I was being a little rough with them.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's what I've been planning to do for almost a year now, but either I can never find the time, or it just plain slips my mind.

They were glass, I guess I was being a little rough with them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm actually going to get mine from robearracing. he gave me a better deal

if you are going to get some (before it slips your mind again ) check with robear before you order from autodynamic

Quick Reply: best "knock-off" jdm side mirrors....