Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Being blinded in mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Being blinded in mirrors

I know everyone has this problem in their lowered honda. Trucks/Suvs/anything remotely large blinding the hell out of you in your rear view and side mirrors. I currently have a non-blue tinted broadway mirror. Would the blue-tint help me out a lot? What about the side mirrors? Anyone know of something maybe you can apply to the mirrors to get rid of those bright lights?

I know there are some macgyvers out there who have rigged up something to fix this.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Being blinded in mirrors (alacard)

you can probably just put regular tint on it..or get smaller side mirrors
Old 06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there isnt anything i know of to fix this, but if someone has an answer, id like to see it. because i cant stand when theres a damn rookie behind me with bootleg HID's in his F150...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can fight back, put hid's in the backup lights with a switch. SErously though, regular windows tint is fine over the mirror glass itself.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itsmejto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itsmejto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can fight back, put hid's in the backup lights with a switch. SErously though, regular windows tint is fine over the mirror glass itself.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lmao.

So just buy a small sheet of some low percentage tint and put it on the mirrors? Hmm, I may try this out, but it seems like it would make visibility pretty bad.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Being blinded in mirrors (geneeunit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itsmejto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can fight back, put hid's in the backup lights with a switch. SErously though, regular windows tint is fine over the mirror glass itself.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, there is nothing worse than seeing a moron blinding the entire highway with his ghetto ebay blue/purple plug and play hid's/
Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, there is nothing worse than seeing a moron blinding the entire highway with his ghetto ebay blue/purple plug and play hid's/</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!! i cant stand when i see the gay Purple ones. im sorry, but theyre just whack. maybe im just jealous because i still run OEM yellow/white-ish bulbs.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do What I do, at a stop light use your power mirrors to throw it back in their face.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Being blinded in mirrors (geneeunit)

well easy fix would be adjust your mirrors to not hit you in the face

on mine i gotta lean alittle to right to see right side and left for left side and for the rear view mirror i simply sit up straight to see clear out the back.

i wouldnt tint the mirrors because that makes it harder to see stuff at night. common sense...
Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
orb
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (rSol93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rSol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do What I do, at a stop light use your power mirrors to throw it back in their face.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too. haha
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rSol93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rSol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do What I do, at a stop light use your power mirrors to throw it back in their face.</TD></TR></TABLE>
anyone have power mirrors for sale with harness for ej6? LOL
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, well I just now got power mirrors, and they are spoon knock-offs with adjustment issues at the moment...So I would have to fix that before I could use it as reflection beam haha.

In response to adjusting them a little off..I would rather have my mirrors where I need them when I need them. If I needed to look at one of them at a split second, I would want them to be there..not a little to the side.