Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bar

I've been searching for a while and have gotten mixed answers from all the different threads. I was wondering if the beaks kit would work with the suspension techniques sway bar kit for 96-00 civics. I was looking at the install pics from the overboost.com site and I noticed that the beaks kit might move the D-links of the rear sway bar back too far causing it to make contact with the shocks. Here are the pictures.

It may just be that the picture sizes are deseptive, but I was wondering if anyone is actually running this setup. Not to sound like an *** but if you don't actually have this setup on your car please don't say it will or wont work. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bar (aw1234dude)

If I were you I would find out how thick those spacers are then unbolt your swaybar and pull it back that far to see if they hit.

EDIT: you may have clearance issued with your exhaust too.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 03-29-2004, 11:27 AM

I am going to have to say i do not like the Beaks kit. I had it installed on my 2000 EX with a type r sway bar. I ripped the subframe on the passenger side and i have never raced this car. This happened on the streets. It may have been that my springs were to soft but i still would not trust it again. Buy the Comptech piece or SRR sway bar/tie bar combo's. Or Robearracing is selling one made by a company called Appollo. I just bought one and haven't installed it yet. But it looks like a qaulity piece.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (CRITTERMATT)

hey CRITTERMATT what springs were you using @ the time your subframe ripped out?
Old 03-29-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (func-tion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by func-tion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EDIT: you may have clearance issued with your exhaust too.</TD></TR></TABLE>
don't know about the shock contacting since mine doesn't mount in the same location, but as far as the exhaust issue.. it will clear.. mine has spacers..

Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 PM

what tiebar piece is that?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRITTERMATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am going to have to say i do not like the Beaks kit. I had it installed on my 2000 EX with a type r sway bar. I ripped the subframe on the passenger side and i have never raced this car. This happened on the streets. It may have been that my springs were to soft but i still would not trust it again. Buy the Comptech piece or SRR sway bar/tie bar combo's. Or Robearracing is selling one made by a company called Appollo. I just bought one and haven't installed it yet. But it looks like a qaulity piece.</TD></TR></TABLE>Have any pic's of the tear?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:06 PM

what spring rates were you using?
Old 03-30-2004, 01:27 AM

Default Re: (Egone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Egone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what tiebar piece is that? </TD></TR></TABLE>
it's the suspension techniques competition swaybar kit.. comes with the solid bracket, tiebar, and swaybar with spherical ball endlinks..

works great.. but their front swaybar sucks.. i'm looking to change it..
Old 03-30-2004, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (adirondackR)

I was using Eibach Pro-kit. This may have been what caused the problem. But I do know that i will never use a Beaks Kit again. I think stiffer springs with the beaks kit are a must. But I may be wrong.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: (syclone)

what is the thickness of the Suspension Technique rear sway? Alswo how much did that setup set you back?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (Gump)

No. I don't have any pics of the tear. I found it one day when i was checking my brakes. My friend is a very good welder so I had him weld it back up. It doesn't seem as there are any ill affects. I still hate that it happened at it bothers me knowing that my subframe is welded together.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRITTERMATT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still hate that it happened at it bothers me knowing that my subframe is welded together.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wonder what kind of weld-less magic Honda uses to assemble cars in the factory
Old 04-02-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Re: (syclone)

where did u buy it also how much?? i got the swaybar already any chance they sell the tiebar/reinforment seperatly?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Egone)

Hey i jsut installed mine last night. ST sway bar combo.
Tonight i will go out and test it a bit. I went around the block last night just to make sure nothing would fall off, break or bind and it seemed really nice.
I got it from Massimo Performance, 3 bills approximatley, not sure whst shipping is because i picked it up.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:03 AM

Default Re: (MY_EL_1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MY_EL_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey i jsut installed mine last night. ST sway bar combo.
Tonight i will go out and test it a bit. I went around the block last night just to make sure nothing would fall off, break or bind and it seemed really nice.
I got it from Massimo Performance, 3 bills approximatley, not sure whst shipping is because i picked it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, you will feel a GIANT differance. the car will wanna just rotate like theres no tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (WangChung)

Hey, sorry to bring up an old thread but I am having some concerns with my swaybar. Its the 22 mm Suspension Techniques bar on a 1998 DX. I searched but couldn't tell if I needed to get the beaks kit or not. I dont have a tie bar and I have stock springs/struts. Is it necessary to get the kit? Also, the swaybar makes little "clunking noises" when I'm going over bumbs, is this normal? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (syclone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by syclone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
don't know about the shock contacting since mine doesn't mount in the same location, but as far as the exhaust issue.. it will clear.. mine has spacers..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey you know that bar that goes under the sway bar and connects in the back. the tie rod ends i think thats what their called. but where can i get one like the one u have or a brace like not just a little bar that goes cross. sorry that i jumped in thread side ways but please help. thanks in advance
Diego
Old 09-16-2004, 03:41 PM

Mine dosn't touch the shock or the exhaust
Omni Powers BTW SO KICKASS

^^ Should i slam it more
Old 09-16-2004, 04:46 PM
war all of the time......

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (Quad-Damge)

Quad-Damge, what tie bar set-up is that?
Old 09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (blackstar)

I have no first hand experience but IIRC the ST swaybar kit doesn't need another spacer kit like the Beaks due to the red metal plate that acts as reinforcer.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (blackstar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quad-Damge, what tie bar set-up is that?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude--read the whole thread--someone already answered a few posts above you.

I'm loving mine

Old 09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (DanW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DanW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no first hand experience but IIRC the ST swaybar kit doesn't need another spacer kit like the Beaks due to the red metal plate that acts as reinforcer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, the reinforcement plate/tiebar bolts onto the subrframe using the LCA pivot bolts. It's a SOLID connection that works beautifully.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
war all of the time......

Default Re: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (gamby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gamby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude--read the whole thread--someone already answered a few posts above you.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh see i should have known that!! oops, sorry post ****

Quick Reply: Beaks Kit on Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bar