Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did.

I was taking out an axel on my 95 civic, when the lower control arm dropped on my face.
It hurts.

Shouting obsceneties helps a lot. I recommend it.

I'm a retard. But I did complete my task of changing a seal on my tranny. Taking the axel out the way I did, unbolting the control arm and ****, was easier, but dangerous.

Beat my wound.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (civicmatt)

HAHA...nice.

I don't have pictures though....

3 weeks ago I was reefing on the rear tranny mount bolt after bolting up my new tranny. All I could fit in there was my 3/8ths inch driver, so I was reefing on that thing with all my might(6ft tall and 200 lbs)... I'm also using my body as leverage to get this sucker tight.....

Well, Right when I put in the most strength, the wrnech slips off the bolt and comes straight at my face and flat to my forehead. The impact instantly started to spew blood.

I called my girlfriend up, who rush out to help, and she almost passed out

I wiped off the blood for a minute, threw a bandaid over it, and finished the work while she went back inside sick.

Now I got a nice looking scar on the left hand side of my forehead....it hurt
Old 06-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Moe

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (civicmatt)

Damn son.... be careful under there, at least you not half as ugly as you were when you started the job. It actually kinda improved things...

The extent of my injuries are, fucked up knuckles and rust in the ol eyes...
Old 06-12-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (Emerika)

Diggin the forum. Hehe, nice one Evan, and guy who dropped an lca on his head. That **** looked like it hurt. Keep em up.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:21 AM

Those pictures will haunt my dreams
Old 06-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (mattcxb18)

it doesnt look too bad untill you see the last pic and it's like DAMN.

from the look of the last pic, it seems like you'd need stitches.

here's a for the pain.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (mattcxb18)

No pics, but...

When I was disassembling my old LS bottom end, I had it up on a cherry picker connected by some chains. Well I am underneath the bottom side removing rod bolts. One of the bolts holding the chain in place came undone and the block came swinging towards my head. I blocked it with my forearm, and it left a good size gash and bruise. Yeah, it hurt real bad too.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a definite improvement on my mug. Should look better when it scars. It didn't bleed as much as I would have expected. My wound in those pictures is really fresh. Band aid and neosporin to the rescue!

Let's see some more pictures!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice shots man...

I dont have any pics either, just one after.
I was under changing the shifter and metal bits fell in my eye and caused a rust ring to form. They had to drill it out the next day and I got to wear an eye patch for several days...it wasnt too bad...
Old 06-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

That sounds worse! Put I want to see gore!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:46 AM
New User

Default Re: (civicmatt)

Not bad. Hey, at least you didn't lose an eye.

That's what my hands looked like after the swap. But not my face...
Old 06-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicmatt)

various scars on my hands from working on my car.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slvrcivic97)

yikes looks pretty bad, but think of all the people you will be able to answer "hey what did you get that from?"

when I was changing my trany oil my wrench slipped while loosening the fill bolt. The bolt went from not moving at all to zero resistance like nothing. I was pushing as hard as I could to get it loose with one hand one the wrench and the other on the car for support.

When the **** hit the fan, the wrench hit my middle finger at full force, right before where you nail starts. Now, I've broken bones and had bad cuts before, I've even been maced (nice joke Eric you ******* ) but none of that **** really compares to this one. Really ******* hurt.

After kicking and screaming for a few, things got worse as my finger, under the nail, started to full w/ blood. So AFTER I was done on the car I went to the hospital w/ my girlfriend (i love you Mary) and had to have it drained. Now I'm waiting for this big black scar/scab to go away that's trapped under my finger nail. It's moving along with the nail as it grows.

Anyways my finger is a 95% and fully FUCKYOUtional, remember this is my prised middle left finger we are talking about.

-Sketch
Old 06-12-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: (slvrcivic97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrcivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">various scars on my hands from working on my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, I seem to get them everytime I do anything to my car.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpooN Man)

Nothing as bad as you guys, since I haven't done anything as major as you, im still doing bolt-ons and stuff.

But any way, i was porting out my throttle body with the trusty dremel, it was between speed 4 and 5, so I guess about 20,000 rpm according to the box, anyway, the sanding bit (shaped like a cylinder) hit a rough spot, hopped out of the tb and got me on the bottom part, or "butt" of my hand, below my thumb.

The cut/burn was about 1/4" long, and about 1/8" wide, and it stung like a bitch. But since all the heat was created, it didn't bleed, but it did sparkle from the aluminum powder in it.b
Old 06-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Briman2021)

Breaker bar while wrenching under the car on frozen manifold bolts. Stud broke, breaker bar hit me write on top of my head, got up and felt fine and then felt blood running down my face. Nice little gash, but no pics since there was hair all around it.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Re: (ill phil)

damn yoo got 0wned!
sorry about what happened bro
Old 06-12-2003, 11:54 AM

I think I'm like most of the other people here. The only things I tear up are my hands. But the worst time had to be when my oily hand slipped off the wrench when I was tightening up the downpipe and punched the radiator. Not only did my hand look like it went through a meat processor, I had to replace my radiator too.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

please no more extreme close ups
Old 06-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (j.fuggi)

Another one I got was this...

Crescent(c-speedracing guy) and myself were wiring up my room mate's ITR for OBD1 while we were installing Hondata....well, I was holding some wires while Crescent was soldering them together....the gun slipped and stabbed me right in the hand. It stayed there for a couple seconds cause I didn't feel it at first Then it hit me....lol. Left a nice hole in my hand and it stunk...lol

Here's a retarded pic of me. You can see my head wound 3 weeks after it happened on the right side of my forehead. It healed up alright..wish I had some closeups...lol. It wa a huge goose egg with a big gash for awhile...

Old 06-12-2003, 12:04 PM

Another half inch down and over and you would have had some serious problems with your eyeball.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (acuracing)

i've knocked out my front tooth with a screwdriver slipping, is that up there?
Old 06-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (HuskerHybrid)

ouch.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (Alcoholic)

i worked at a lube shop and one of the idiots i worked with broke the pump we used to drain the oil pan. so we drained it into a huge drum and they got the bright idea i could lift it up the ladder(a full oil drum) and well we ended up dropping it oil shot in the air went in my eyes and mouth covered me the i slipped knocked over all my tools and the landed on my face i got al bruised we had pics but i don't know where the are just picture a big white kid covered in oil with a swollen face
Old 06-12-2003, 12:46 PM
g5r

Default Re: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did. (Jimmy the Saint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy the Saint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i worked at a lube shop and one of the idiots i worked with broke the pump we used to drain the oil pan. so we drained it into a huge drum and they got the bright idea i could lift it up the ladder(a full oil drum) and well we ended up dropping it oil shot in the air went in my eyes and mouth covered me the i slipped knocked over all my tools and the landed on my face i got al bruised we had pics but i don't know where the are just picture a big white kid covered in oil with a swollen face </TD></TR></TABLE>
that must been an ugly scene.

Quick Reply: Battle wound while working on civic with pictures! Let's see what you did.