Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Question

I have searched it but did not find my question so I wanted to ask. I am about to charge my Battery it is a maintenance free, but it has the screws on top it is not a sealed battery. Most of the batteries in the past I have pulled the caps off and charged it, then refilled the battery with distilled water if it had caps. And for the sealed ones I just charged. I was talking to a guy he said for maintenance free batteries if you take the caps off it will void the warranty. So should I leave the caps on or take them off to charge it, and do you refill a maintenance free battery with distilled water? I just wanted to know before I do something I might regret.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Battery Question

if the battery is that far bad i would replace it. you can buy a autozone battery. u get a 2 year warrenty on it. kill the battery and turn it back in with the receipt every 2 years and get a new one.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx
if the battery is that far bad i would replace it. you can buy a autozone battery. u get a 2 year warrenty on it. kill the battery and turn it back in with the receipt every 2 years and get a new one.
Most of the time you don't have to keep the reciept. They will put the info in there puter and just pull it up when you come in to replace the battery.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maintenance free with access to cells???? weird. dunno but i would just trickle charge it and nothing else.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can also check Kragen, I got mine for 70.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The battery is good it is about a year and a half old. I had a buddy check it with a diagnostic tool it showed it is still good. I just wanted to charge it to keep the life up on it. I usually charge a battery every other year with a trickle charger. I just wanted to make sure I don't void the warranty on it with the caps.