Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bass and space from the eg folks

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bass and space from the eg folks

I posted in the Audio section, but haven't gotten a response; figured I'd try here.

I'm looking at usable space in my 95 Civic hatch, but I'd like some bass as well. I'm rather handy and was thinking of either putting some 8's or 10's in the quarters where the rear speakers go (free air subwoofers), but I'm concerned about the quarters and or plastic quarter interior rattling. I've also considered making a custom bass enclosure in the door with either a 6.5" or 8". I'd keep the stock location for mids and highs (running components there) and modify the pocket in the door for the speaker location. I have some extra door panels to screw around with. I'm concerned about adding to much weight to the door (wood, body filler, etc.). I'd also like the windows to go all the way down. I'm not trying to compromise anything, just add more bass, nothing earth shaking, just something that hits a little. I've had a bass tube and boxes before, but every time I need to put something in the trunk or get to the spare I have to move that stuff. I'll be mounting the amp to the back of the seats so it's up and out of the way, but thoughts on amp location would be appreciated as well. Has anyone see either of these done? Any suggestions? How about tweeter location? I currently have them mounted at the corners of the dash, but I'm not happy with the visual set up of the tweeters. Any thoughts here? Thanks in advance.