Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Barometiric Sensor Unit Problem..Help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barometric Sensor Unit Problem..Help...

I'm having a problem with my 2000 SI. My Honda dealer told me the unit was built in the ECM/ECU Trouble code is P1106

Here's what I have done:

1. Got the Service manual and I followed the steps to rest the ECM. Drove for a bit and it worked great...Next day I drove it agian and turned the car off. Then I started it agian and the light came back on.

2. I did the second step (a really expensive one) I purchased a brand new ECM ($578.00 ) from my honda dealer, because the manual told me to do so. Drove agian and the light came back on...

3. Jumped up and down cussing

Anyway I called my honda dealer back and they told me I have done everything. so now I am lost...could it be the fuel pump? or another sender unit making it turn on.

Only thing I have left to do is just disconnect the battery cable for a little bit and try it agian. But won't that do the same thing as unplugging the 7.5 fuse from underneath the hood?

Needless to say the car is running like ****. It idles very badly..backfires..and wants to die out on me sometimes...

I don't have a turbo or supercharger...all I have done to the engine currently is put a Header on the car and a air intake. The light was on before I put on the header and the air intake has been on for a year now.

Hope you guys can give me some tips..
Old 04-07-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Barometric Sensor Unit Problem..Help... (B16A_Vertigo)

Anyone?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Barometric Sensor Unit Problem..Help... (B16A_Vertigo)

well, I have a jdm 2nd gen b16a in my 98 lx and a few days ago, i installed a custom oil catch can, and i got a check engine light for the iac and the baro. So i got worried and removed the catch can. and the codes haven't come back (knock on wood). So somethning happened and it through the codes. So YES I guess you can get the baro code even if you have a good ecu. So maybe you might have another problem causing that baro code. Or you might have another bad ecu. But at least you bought it from the dealership, you can just tell them they sold you a bad ecu. Becasue if you bought it from like hondaautomotiveparts.com it would of been harder to explain, that the ecu is bad, becasue they might not believe you. But man $578.00 is crazy. I paid $3??, from hondaautomotiveparts.com. And you know whats funny, the ecu for my 98 lx would have cost over $700. but the si was only $3??. I wonder why its so much more. But anyway, only thing i can think of is have honda check it. Because i have the helms manual also, and there is hardly any troubleshooting tips for the baro code.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Barometric Sensor Unit Problem..Help... (hondadriver)

Yeah $578.00 is terrible. American Honda is helping me get my money back from the dealership. Becasue it wasn't the ECU.

Tomorrow I am cleaning all of my connections under the hood with the approiate cleaners. Then on Tuesday I'm taking it to honda for "The Offical Inspection" thats gonna cost me $45. I'm thinking maybe I got water in the wrong spot when cleaning my engine. I didn't use a hard water stream..jkust a spritz here and there, then a day later the light came on...so I suppect now that maybe I have a little corrosion on a connection and thats the problem...

I cleaned the Intake mainfold today and it runs 100% better than yesterday. I gain HP back so now ut;s on to the connections. along with some other fluid changes.