Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bare with me guys, I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bare with me guys, I have a question.

I was getting my car ready for the dyno tomorrow, changinf plugs,tires,wiring a few things etc, well I noticed that i was leaking coolant (had the engine runing). I narrowed it down to the hose I thought it was. Well after about 20 min of prying,cutting, twisting banging my nuckles, and cutting them I got it off (I didn't see any leak in the hose ). anyways in the process I had to remove something else and I 'm just trying to figure out what it is. I don't have a camera so I cant take a pic. I will do my best to describe it.
The hose comes out of the firewall and is about 6'' long (curves a bit) it then goes into what looks like a valve that has a wire coming off it going into the the firewall also. from that valve the coolant hose goes to the head. Anybody know what this vale is? What it's for? Is it needed?
Reason I ask is because, well in the process of trying to make more room (which I did ) the cable pulled out of the firewall. It looks like it was hooked on something and the wire just came un bent.
I'm heading down to the parts store as soon as my daughter wakes up to get a new hose, and try to figure out this part. Hope you guys can help, tia
Old 03-15-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: bare with me guys, I have a question. (b16ahybrid)

that is your heater valve that provide heat in your car, and the hose that you just cut or pry off is one of two hose that go to your heater core.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: bare with me guys, I have a question. (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is your heater valve that provide heat in your car, and the hose that you just cut or pry off is one of two hose that go to your heater core.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you sir, So what happens if I leave it open? Being that it's No longer connected, I can either open it all the way or close it most of the way?
So my heater controls will no longer work?
Thanks for the fast response
Old 03-15-2004, 03:17 PM

so what do you meant by leave it open? the valve? or the hose? if the valve leave open then you have heat in your car all the time. you know the heater control in you car right? the slide that control from cool to hot it control the that heater valve, and if the hose open you need to find a way to loop or connect it to the second hose so you won't lose coolant.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So what happens if I leave it open? Being that it's No longer connected, I can either open it all the way or close it most of the way?
So my heater controls will no longer work?
Thanks for the fast response</TD></TR></TABLE>

The cable that went from the valve through the firewall is connected to the back of your climate control. If you slide the lever left to cool, it will either open it or close it and visa versa. Im not sure on the way it works, you will have to experiment and adjust to your climate
Old 03-15-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: bare with me guys, I have a question. (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what do you meant by leave it open? the valve? or the hose? if the valve leave open then you have heat in your car all the time. you know the heater control in you car right? the slide that control from cool to hot it control the that heater valve, and if the hose open you need to find a way to loop or connect it to the second hose so you won't lose coolant. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah just leave the valve open so coolant passes through. I know if I leave the hose open i'd have big mess to clean. Thanks again for your help. both of ya.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:07 PM

it sounds like that hose goes to your heater core...and if it fell out...just plug it back in...if it bent the wiring/slider...then i think ud have to replace it depending on how bad it is
Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: bare with me guys, I have a question. (poppycock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poppycock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it sounds like that hose goes to your heater core...and if it fell out...just plug it back in...if it bent the wiring/slider...then i think ud have to replace it depending on how bad it is</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, I pulled it off because it had a leak in it, that I had to fix today. It was just coolant hoses and the valve nothing electrical.thanks