Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

BAR legal help with 01 ITR to EG swap

Old 02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAR legal help with 01 ITR to EG swap

Hello everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for the knowledge I've gained on this swap thusfar from searching previous articles and following links. I just have a few questions to verify that I'm on the right track.

What I have:
1993 Civic Si, original everything, virgin ECU, untouched chassis harness. 60mm custom catback exhaust (Apexi piping from GSR now cut to fit EG/B18C5) into a Thermal muffler. No CARB tag, but the EG has always passed smog before with this muffler.

2001 B18C5 USDM-CA spec:
-longblock w/ mounts
-Bill of sale showing a clear VIN on the car
-trans
-engine harness
-ECU
-axles
-Evap/charcoal canister
-Catalytic converter
-Comptech header (w/CARB tag)
-AEM CAI (with CARB tag)
-A chassis harness from another FBP TypeR in the shop (long story). No idea what year, but the plugs don't match the receptacles on the ECU. The owner says the car came from New York.

I understand that I still need to get the B-series shift linkages, and I'm going to try to go back and get the chassis harness that came off the car with my engine (again, long story). Is there anything else I need to be legal in CA? Will my current exhaust pose a problem?

If I can't get the original harness, will any OBD2 chassis harness from a GSR work? And what's up with that New York harness, I mean the ECU plugs don't even match and there's no hookup for a 2nd 02 sensor. Is this even an 00-01 ITR harness (like he said it was)?

What about the immobilizer? Will that keep me from starting it up? If I do need an immobilzer key, do I then need to get an ITR steering column and ignition? Do I need an ITR cluster, or will my EG cluster be ok? What about SRS, steering wheel, and gauge cluster? I have some EDM stuff inside, does the airbag have to be hooked up?

And finally, just to get it started/track day run, can I plug it straight into my EG harness/virgin ECU or run an OBD1-OBD2 converter to the ITR ECU? Or will the immobilizer kill me/check engine lights appear?

Thanks for any help guys. I've waited/saved for 5 years for this and I want to do it right
Old 02-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BAR legal help with 01 ITR to EG swap

Bump
Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BAR legal help with 01 ITR to EG swap

https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/legalizing-your-jdm-itr-motor-906684/
GL