Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

balljoint question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default balljoint question

ok i just dropped my car on teins and tok's. i take it to a shop to get an alignment and he calls and says my upperball joint and control arm is fucked..
he couldnt give me an alignment because it moves too much..

so i go home and call around, i dont even have an upperball joint? the guy told me 1 of the reasons why i have struts on the front is to make up for the upperball joint..

now, he told he theres a balljoint inside the control arm, but hes never heard of the control arm just giving out so quick, we looked at the control arm last weekend and it seemed fine..

i plan on taking it to another shop monday, but do you think this shop is blowing smoke up my ***??
Old 08-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: balljoint question (my95civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i just dropped my car on teins and tok's. i take it to a shop to get an alignment and he calls and says my upperball joint and control arm is fucked..
he couldnt give me an alignment because it moves too much..

so i go home and call around, i dont even have an upperball joint? the guy told me 1 of the reasons why i have struts on the front is to make up for the upperball joint..

now, he told he theres a balljoint inside the control arm, but hes never heard of the control arm just giving out so quick, we looked at the control arm last weekend and it seemed fine..

i plan on taking it to another shop monday, but do you think this shop is blowing smoke up my ***??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go in and have them SHOW you what is wrong...and if it is...have it fixed
Old 08-13-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: balljoint question (JDMisGOOD)

this was another thing,

he called me at my house, and told me to come look at it, ( i live literally 1/2 mile from the shop ) when i got up there, my car was parked outside,

than he basically pressured me into it.. ( i didnt fall for it )

but he was like, "300 dollars, i can have it in 2 days, it would be better if you left your car here, its not that driveable " thats when i looked at him funny and told him i looked at the control arm last weekend when we dropped it, looked fine, drove it for 5 days before i took it in for an alignment, everything was fine "

than he fucked up my latch, and i couldnt get my c/f hood up,