BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ

Old 05-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ

my axle popped and wont go abck nto place,any ideas
Old 05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (rocco)

Which one are you talking about? Front LCA,UCA, Rear UCA, Tie rod? How did it pop out? Do you mean you popped it out while doing suspension work and it wont go back in or what? Are you installing the sliding balljoint camber kits? You have to be somewhat specific if you want help.....
Old 05-10-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (aw1234dude)

sorry sorry i titled it wron,i mean my axles,its like extended now and wont contract,its stretched
Old 05-10-2004, 11:23 PM

bump
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 AM
crazy eyez killa

Be careful with it, theres rings under the boot, and once its stretched out those rings can fall out of place....

My axle once popped and stretched like that too.... I was very careful with it not to mess up anything that could come loose in the boot.... What I did it held the axle straight up, and just slammed it into the ground a few good times, on the 4th try it popped right in. It that doesnt happen, you're going to have to take the axle to a shop and have someone open the boot and put everything in place

DISCLAIMER: i do ghetto work on my car like that. I tried for half an hour to slide it in normally, with no luck. I was almost positive that I would have to go to a shop and have them rebuild my axle... As I was getting ready to go to a shop, I decided to try slamming it on the ground, and I had it in the hole in 4 or 5 hard slams. Just letting u know what happened to me.

good luck

Modified by -V8KILLA- at 11:48 AM 5/11/2004
Old 05-11-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (-V8KILLA-)

thanks bro
Old 05-11-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (-V8KILLA-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -V8KILLA- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What I did it held the axle straight up, and just slammed it into the ground a few good times, on the 4th try it popped right in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, I wouldnt recommend slamming it on the ground. Its not like the joint needs to be forced on at all. Just carefully slide it back together and make sure it feels ok, then reinstall.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 AM
crazy eyez killa

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (moto27cm)

Yeah if your axle breaks, don't get pissed at me, i do ghetto work on my car like that. I tried for half an hour to slide it in normally, with no luck. I was almost positive that I would have to go to a shop and have them rebuild my axle... As I was getting ready to go to a shop, I decided to try slamming it on the ground, and I had it in the hole in 4 or 5 hard slams.

I still have the same axle in my car right now and it works perfectly.

Good luck bro... working on the tranny sucks

Old 05-11-2004, 10:54 AM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doà‰ (

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -V8KILLA- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah if your axle breaks, don't get pissed at me, i do ghetto work on my car like that. I tried for half an hour to slide it in normally, with no luck. I was almost positive that I would have to go to a shop and have them rebuild my axle... As I was getting ready to go to a shop, I decided to try slamming it on the ground, and I had it in the hole in 4 or 5 hard slams.

I still have the same axle in my car right now and it works perfectly.

Good luck bro... working on the tranny sucks

</TD></TR></TABLE>werd.how hard did you slam it man,i think imma try this **** out
Old 05-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

axle pulled out huh?
mine has "popped" out of joint <U>inside the boot</U>, twice during stupid mistakes while working on other parts of the car.

once it slipped right back in.

the other time I had to remove the xle from the car, cut off the big metal clamp ring round the boot-big-end, and pull back the boot, then add some axle grease and it took me 15 minutes to get the parts back into their correct positions, then I installed a big screw tight clamp-band and put it back on the car.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (owen_the_soyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owen_the_soyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">axle pulled out huh?
mine has "popped" out of joint <U>inside the boot</U>, twice during stupid mistakes while working on other parts of the car.

once it slipped right back in.

the other time I had to remove the xle from the car, cut off the big metal clamp ring round the boot-big-end, and pull back the boot, then add some axle grease and it took me 15 minutes to get the parts back into their correct positions, then I installed a big screw tight clamp-band and put it back on the car.
</TD></TR></TABLE>did the screw tight clamp band work alright
?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sort of.
the loose end would spin outwrd and slap parts of the undercarriage as the axle spun around while driving, so I trimmed it s short as possible. I've seen other people use some small wire to wrap it around and hold the loose end down tightly.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: BAlljoint popped,what can i doÉ (owen_the_soyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owen_the_soyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sort of.
the loose end would spin outwrd and slap parts of the undercarriage as the axle spun around while driving, so I trimmed it s short as possible. I've seen other people use some small wire to wrap it around and hold the loose end down tightly.</TD></TR></TABLE>Would it be sae to cut off the loose part?