Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b20v swap (ek hatch)- WONT TURN OFF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: b20v swap (ek hatch)- WONT TURN OFF!!!

you mismatch ****, you don't provide enough details, your damn wiring is crap

I can tell where the problem lies but hey at least my civic is running just fine.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found where the no speedo/no VTEC/rough idle problem came from. One wire was severed from the plug. The old plug was cut from the spare harness and merged onto the old wires.

Also the fuel pump issue has been fixed and the car not stopping has been fix where it was staying on constantly was fixed as well.
I took the car back to the shop and explained the situation and he forgot about the wiring on the main relay plug. He disconnected two wires or merged them. I'll take a look tomorrow and send a few pics.

SO::: SPEEDOMETER WORKS. VTEC KICKS!!!!!!! NO MORE FUEL PUMP ISSUES. NO MORE ROUGH STARTS / NEED TO THROTTLE TO GET IT WARMED UP. TURNING KEY TURNS THE DAMN CAR OFF!!!

checking CELs tomorrow for a final verdict. Exhaust getting fabbed up and Bam! My b20v lives! Need an oil change asap though since it's the oil that it was built with and I've put about 100 miles on it
Old 10-10-2017, 03:22 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

I would advise not to NEVER, EVER go back to that shitty *** "shop" and learn how to work on the car yourself.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NVturbo, believe me, he knows what he's doing. One of the owners younger guys was doing the auto to manual conversion and the owner didn't check to see if the guy did the wiring. I talked to him and he was really upset about it not being 100% the first time.
He helped me out a ton and im not gonna hold it against him.

These are the owners cars. The blue EG is a real RHD import, which he Kswapped and shaved.

This is his GSR I believe

When I got there he was doing an h22 Euro-R swap into an EK Hatch. He definitely knows his stuff..

I'll drop in some photos of the relay wiring in a few
Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a few photos of the main relay plugs he wired. I'm not sure exactly what he did, but it worked
Old 10-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

Glad to hear that the shop made things right. Quality shops that take pride in the product that they deliver are hard to find.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:13 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Originally Posted by Hatch Man
NVturbo, believe me, he knows what he's doing. One of the owners younger guys was doing the auto to manual conversion and the owner didn't check to see if the guy did the wiring. I talked to him and he was really upset about it not being 100% the first time.
He helped me out a ton and im not gonna hold it against him.

These are the owners cars. The blue EG is a real RHD import, which he Kswapped and shaved.

This is his GSR I believe
When I got there he was doing an h22 Euro-R swap into an EK Hatch. He definitely knows his stuff..

I'll drop in some photos of the relay wiring in a few
I've seen countless "shop" owners that have clean-*** cars. It takes a month to do a motor swap on their personal cars, taking their time and most likely had someone dedicated to do the work. When it comes to customers' cars, hurry up and get it out the door to get paid. Just because someone works at a shop or dealership, that doesn't mean they have a clue what they're doing.

Overall, glad they fixed their ****-up. If it was me, I would never go back to them. It's obvious their employees are clueless. The crooked steering wheel in the blue Civic says it all.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:20 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by NVturbo
I've seen countless "shop" owners that have clean-*** cars. It takes a month to do a motor swap on their personal cars, taking their time and most likely had someone dedicated to do the work. When it comes to customers' cars, hurry up and get it out the door to get paid. Just because someone works at a shop or dealership, that doesn't mean they have a clue what they're doing.

Overall, glad they fixed their ****-up. If it was me, I would never go back to them. It's obvious their employees are clueless. The crooked steering wheel in the blue Civic says it all.
They don't know what they're doing because you don't have to mess with the main relay at all during a 5spd conversion. EVER. Fucked up *** slop.

Why the **** would you even have to fix any plugs if this is an em1 engine harness?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:22 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

^^^ exactly.

Sloppy and incompetent work....
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Still dont understand why you need to run 2 ecu. Yet they claim to know what they are doing.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

You never need two ECUs. Did they really give it back to you with the auto ECU still bolted in and the manual one laying in the floor?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Based off the photos, they did. Still hooked up. I dont know why the OP still give these so call "pro" praised. Sloppy work at best. Proper swap would not look this way. Ive seen garage swap that look 10x better than this. OP need to raise to higher standard. This type of swap is unacceptable. Quick in, quick out. Doesnt make the shop business look good.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just for clarification, the automatic ECU is no longer in the car, nor plugged up. the car is running great now.
idk why the car didn't turn off though, or why the fuel pump didn't stop running

the VSS plug wire was messed up- I saw this first hand, which is why he wired my old plug up to it.
harness was converted to an obd1 alternator plug because I have an obd1 alternator
injectors converted to use RDX 440's

idk why the car wouldnt turn off..... I didn't get any real answers from anyone here, that I could try myself, so...
Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Originally Posted by Hatch Man
............I didn't get any real answers from anyone here, that I could try myself, so...
Plain and simple: You paid an X amount for some shitty *** shop do a half-*** job. You, then come in here asking for help but it's obvious you don't have a clue to even turn a wrench. Now, you want to say you didn't get any help from us? You should keep going back to that shop since they do such great work. The folks that responded/commented on your post most likely have more experience than all those idiots at that "shop".
Old 10-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i went to the shop because my landlord disallows me from working on my car on the property, having the vehicle on jackstands, or having an inoperable vehicle... it's in my contract.
I also have not done a motor swap before, nor do I own a hoist and some of the necessary bolts and skills to do it, IE: wiring, welding, and assembly/exact measurements.-
what the hell is YOUR problem, NVturbo / Tony? I see how you have 3.7k posts- its unnecessary spam and unwanted opinions from you- literally not a shred of advice but criticism and insults. literally every single post of yours is talking sh*t about people and their builds. go get banned, dude.

Update: again, the car is going smooth as can be now, and even better now that I had my exhaust made up today, which reduced the blowby substantially, going from a 1.75" and an old catalytic converter, up to a new 2.5"+high flow cat.. sounds great, and reduced the cabin noise/vibration and the car's hesitation substantially.
just breaking in the clutch for another 300 miles and its good to go.

Thanks again for everyone else who tried to help- again, I took it back to the shop who installed it, and they gladly fixed all of the issues I had mentioned here, so I have no beef with them, despite a rough few days with the new motor.

Coming on the grocery list of **** to do:::
-driver door inner panel / new door
-Rear disk conversion
-subframe/rear swaybars
-body / paint.