Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18c1 into my eg help..

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c1 into my eg help..

so i am putting together a gsr swap into my eg.. woopie who hasnt right lol??.well im a b16 kinda guy and no the gsr is an odd man out with swapping different parts.
so the first ? is i need an ecu well im doin a build for turbo and got this shell cheap and found out i can get a gsr real cheap.. i have an aem ems for obd 1?so i would like to use that instead of a stock ecu is this possible and how can i use this 2 plug and play?? ima find ou tmy model on my car but i no its not a vx i think cx??

i will post pictures of what i have and need to know what else i need??

i have sum b16 fuel rails will they fit on the gsr mani? trying to source a mani i dont like the gsr styles anyone got one that looks like a b16 seems simpler to me??

are the headers that go to a gsr the same bolt patter for the b16 and b18s??i have those headers 4 a b16.. just wondering..

i got a b16 hydro trans sourced now just need fork and throw out bearing.. had a b16 fadenza flywheel and 6 puck clutch for my b16a will this bolt the same on the gsr since all b series i think have the same kind of flywheel??

i think ima need to get a gsr throttle cable to are they all the same on integras or do i need a gsr cable for sure?

i have sum b series axles and half shaft lying around from an old b18 swap into an eg so i think im good there...no hub change right??

idk much about the vtec connections and read around about pinning for it? but since i might be able to use the ems is the wiring the same???

i have acharcoal canister and lines and stock radiator lying around so i think im good with thats..much pictures will show what i have tomorow.

can you please answer my few ?'s and help me out since i just bought this shell and havent had an eg for years been working on ef's 4 a while lost sum memory lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c1 into my eg help..

gsr vtec harness is different since the integras have a 2way the civic is 1 way, i know for 96-00 you can use the ex harness someone correct me if im wrong, but for sure the charcoal canister has to be a gsr, not si..
Old 03-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know im missing the t bracket also...i jsut dont know anyone with a gsr swap...i know people with the b16s but idk if the components are really different and if i need to change my harness or what??i dont even know what harness it is lol.. they have different injector clips saddered and it was bared for b18 idk if thats the ls or gsr..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so heres my bay...i think it will be really effective if i do a wire tuck now??lol and im not using ac so i guess all the hoses missing i dont need only need the evap system am i rite?
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by billllll23integra
i know im missing the t bracket also...i jsut dont know anyone with a gsr swap...i know people with the b16s but idk if the components are really different and if i need to change my harness or what??i dont even know what harness it is lol.. they have different injector clips saddered and it was bared for b18 idk if thats the ls or gsr..
what year is the motor?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will get that info tomorow.. sumone else has the motor how will i know what year it is the guy has the block and the head seperate..does it matter on the year really?? i bought this eg as a shell so im trying to part one together..
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you going to run the OEM manifold? Are you disabling the knock sensor? Are you willing to ad a few wires to the existing harness? Your original harness will work, or you can use the GSR harness if you don't want to run more wires.

And the 94 and 95 GSR had an oil cooler and the ports on the thermostat housing were different from the 96-01 I think, and I know the 94/95 water pipe was different to accomodate the oil cooler. think the intake manifold may have been a little different with the ports. Nothing really performance related or anything major you couldn't take care of.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well im sourcing out a manifold right now probably the ones that are bkwards not like the standard b16 one since thats all i c on ebay rite now..i know i probably have to pin for vtec right?? but wat about using my aem ems??for obd0 i dont wana go buy a p72 ecu?? for the timing belt it has to b only for a b18c1 right??and on the throttle cable all b series would b fine 94 and up??
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i am putting together a gsr swap into my eg.. woopie who hasnt right lol??.well im a b16 kinda guy and no the gsr is an odd man out with swapping different parts.
so the first ? is i need an ecu well im doin a build for turbo and got this shell cheap and found out i can get a gsr real cheap.. i have an aem ems for obd 1?so i would like to use that instead of a stock ecu is this possible and how can i use this 2 plug and play?? ima find ou tmy model on my car but i no its not a vx i think cx??

i will post pictures of what i have and need to know what else i need??

i have sum b16 fuel rails will they fit on the gsr mani? trying to source a mani i dont like the gsr styles anyone got one that looks like a b16 seems simpler to me??

are the headers that go to a gsr the same bolt patter for the b16 and b18s??i have those headers 4 a b16.. just wondering..

i got a b16 hydro trans sourced now just need fork and throw out bearing.. had a b16 fadenza flywheel and 6 puck clutch for my b16a will this bolt the same on the gsr since all b series i think have the same kind of flywheel??

i think ima need to get a gsr throttle cable to are they all the same on integras or do i need a gsr cable for sure?

i have sum b series axles and half shaft lying around from an old b18 swap into an eg so i think im good there...no hub change right??

idk much about the vtec connections and read around about pinning for it? but since i might be able to use the ems is the wiring the same???

i have acharcoal canister and lines and stock radiator lying around so i think im good with thats..much pictures will show what i have tomorow.

can you please answer my few ?'s and help me out since i just bought this shell and havent had an eg for years been working on ef's 4 a while lost sum memory lol.
I'm going blind...I'm not knocking you but sheesh, use some grammar. Here's what we need: Trim level? What engine harness?, What year/spec is the engine? What ecu?

What you need: 94-01 B-series axles, shift linkage, mounts, header, radiator hoses
Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry i use a lot of txt talking lmao.. and for sum info.
i know how to do a b series swap have done a few..
does really dont know much about the gsr as much as i do other motors.
i have the axles which ive stated i no ima need the t bracket in the back..

i dont know if i can use any b series throttle cable and if so only obd1 or 2 also?

can i use my aem ems instead of getting a p72 and can i find a map for it or does it need to be tuned.

i aske dthe guy what year the gsr is hes getting back to me.. does it really matter since ima put the gsr head onto it? and all that needs to be the same is the dizzy to b obd1 right?

i found out the harness was from a h22 and all the connectors converted for the b series into the civic so it has a vtec wire..

are all b series headers the same or the gsrs dont match?? i have sum laying around..
Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry i use a lot of txt talking lmao.. and for sum info.
i know how to do a b series swap have done a few..
does really dont know much about the gsr as much as i do other motors.
i have the axles which ive stated i no ima need the t bracket in the back..

i dont know if i can use any b series throttle cable and if so only obd1 or 2 also?

can i use my aem ems instead of getting a p72 and can i find a map for it or does it need to be tuned.

i aske dthe guy what year the gsr is hes getting back to me.. does it really matter since ima put the gsr head onto it? and all that needs to be the same is the dizzy to b obd1 right?

i found out the harness was from a h22 and all the connectors converted for the b series into the civic so it has a vtec wire..

are all b series headers the same or the gsrs dont match?? i have sum laying around..
Here's all u need.
1) p28 Ecu or p72 ecu
2) just use ur harness and tap ur vtec
3) gsr axles n gsr shift linkage
4) gsr t mount n I'm sure the driver side mount works.
5) gsr or any b series obd1 dizzy will work.. I use gsr..
6) get a shunk2 intake manifold or get a type r intake manifold
7) get a type r throttle body n u should b able to use ur throttle cable..
Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry not 2 b rude?? but does any one not read clearly??
i stated i have a aem ems standalone ecu ..i asked like 5 times can i use that? im sure i can idk if theres base maps for stock gsrs??i dont wanna go buy another ecu if i got a standalone sitting.. 2nd isnt type r stuff the same as b16s?? so if it fits b16s it wont fit anything gsr right? since those heads are different? and i dont think i have to get gsr specific axles or shift linkage anything b series matches?? the motors are all the same outside.. just different specs.. and im getting a stock mani i have a skunk 2 pro series for b16 but im sure if i read right gsrs have different bolt patterns??

and i said the harness has vtec in it!!

owe and im sure i cant just use any b series dizzy?? since the vtec cams have different slots i believe so it has to be a vtec dizzy??not just any b...

please some answer the right ?s thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i did the same swap just recently and i had to modify the clutch mount i looked online and couldnt find anywhere where the stock clutch cable was any different is the integra clutch cable longer or something
Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont think the headers will fit but you can just put them up to the engine to see also i think the fuel rails should work. You do need the right throttle cable i had a problem with mine and they are different.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i got lucky today found sumone i new who has eg with a gsr wap !!!!
so now i can map where all my connectors go but still dont no if that ems will work find or if theres a map for it i can download..anyone no on that???
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very cool. That what i did when i did my swap its really easy