Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18c1 Civic Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18c1 Civic Swap

Hi, I'm rather new to the honda world, and Honda-tech but recently I bought a 95 Civic coupe, 5sp and I did some research, and decided to get a b18c1 engine. I want to know what you suggest for the way of wiring it, My harness is non v-tec so I would have to wire that up. I also have read a lot about hondata ecus and was intrested in finding out exactly what that is. The engine im planning on getting is going to be obd1. Any info on wiring or where to find some good diagrams or walk throughs would be awesome, thanks in advance, KYLE
Old 08-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tech.hybridgarage.com
hondata.com

just run the extra wires from the motor itself, thru a hole in the firewall, then to the ecu directly.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:32 AM

Default Re: B18c1 Civic Swap (b18c1civic)

im surprised b18c1civic has not already been taken for a user name

yeah just do a search ull find everything you need...

just a couple wires and ur good to go
Old 08-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18c1 Civic Swap (CivicNA)

Honostly I think people that say "Do a serch" rather than possibly just spend a few seconds and tell you how to solve your problem didn't know the answer to the question in the first place so they're left with "do a search."

Anyhow, to answer your question, you'll wanna use yoru factory harness when you put in your GSR motor.. To make VTEC work you'll have to run two extra wires from the ECU (Prolly be a P30) to your VTEC Solnoid and your VTEC pressure switch in order for VTEC to activate. You're VTEC pressure switch has two wires running from it, one wire (black) needs to be grounded somewhere to the motor while the other wire needs to run to pin out D6 on your ecu. Your VTEC solenoid only has one wire and it'll need to connect to A4 on your ECU. DONE!

If you need anymore help with your swap, feel free to email me with your questions. Good Luck!
Old 08-14-2003, 07:28 PM

Default Re: B18c1 Civic Swap (erics99si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erics99si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honostly I think people that say "Do a serch" rather than possibly just spend a few seconds and tell you how to solve your problem didn't know the answer to the question in the first place so they're left with "do a search."

!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah and you know some times doing a search is better because you will get like a billion old threads with that question. maybe you forgot something its nice to encurage people to search so they can see what other info is out there maybe reading other peoples posts with the same question will save them time later if they run into the same problem. or they might see things that they never thought of...... ur a winner erics99si
Old 08-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: B18c1 Civic Swap (erics99si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erics99si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honostly I think people that say "Do a serch" rather than possibly just spend a few seconds and tell you how to solve your problem didn't know the answer to the question in the first place so they're left with "do a search."

Anyhow, to answer your question, you'll wanna use yoru factory harness when you put in your GSR motor.. To make VTEC work you'll have to run two extra wires from the ECU (Prolly be a P30) to your VTEC Solnoid and your VTEC pressure switch in order for VTEC to activate. You're VTEC pressure switch has two wires running from it, one wire (black) needs to be grounded somewhere to the motor while the other wire needs to run to pin out D6 on your ecu. Your VTEC solenoid only has one wire and it'll need to connect to A4 on your ECU. DONE!

If you need anymore help with your swap, feel free to email me with your questions. Good Luck!</TD></TR></TABLE>

as insightful as you were trying to be, you're still wrong. SOHC's have only VTEC to wire up, he'll have to wire up a knock sensor, IAB solenoid, EVAP purge solenoid

However, if you order your motor from Hmotorsonline or jdmhondaparts the motor should come with a wiring harness so you wont have to worry about any of this ****...

oh yeah...and DO A SEARCH n00b