Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18C swap in EK Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C swap in EK Questions

When you put a B18C swap in a EK I know some parts you will have to replace, can anyone tell me what?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18C swap in EK Questions (IHeartRicers)

Click the link in my sig for further details.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Re: B18C swap in EK Questions (EE_Chris)

Great info, i'm planning on swapping in a B18C5 as well, thanks for the input!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:26 PM

Don't you just hate it when you ask for information and people give you links that just give you confusing information?

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR THE SWAP I DID ON MY EK HATCH NON V-TEC

Assuming you are looking at the front of the engine (belts side), The MOUNTS you will need are:

The front motor mount and bracket will need to be replaced with the '99-'00 Si. I made a bracket for my car that bolts to the 3 threaded stock locations and used the mount that came with the engine (THIS IS A LOT STRONGER THAN THE SI MOUNTS AND WILL NOT TEAR THE BUSHING). If you can make your own bracket then great if not use the Si one. You will also need the right mounting bracket used on the '99 - '00 Civic Si (Firewall side). Not the one with the bushing but the one that bolts onto the block/tranny. The rear mount and bracket that comes with the stock EK (tranny), can be used for your swap along with the two others that mount to the side of the tranny and lower front of the engine near the A/C compressor.

You will also need to replace your throttle cable. In my case, I made a bracket that extended the stock location on the B18C closer to the throttle body and used the stock cable that came with the EK.

If you want to keep your power steering, you will have to use the power steering pump that comes on the B18C, but you will have to replace the high pressure line to fit the pump.

If you want to keep your A/C you will have to do the same with one of the lines that goes to the compressor.

WIREING

First go to this site and read its entire contents: http://www.phear7imports.net/trey/6gen/

Do the pin outs that site tells you to do. There are some differences between the B18C and the B18C5 swaps. If you are doing the B18C swap and you are using the EK harness and the JDM ECM you DO NOT NEED these plugs because the engine does not use them: CKP, EVAP PURGE SOLENOID, SECONDARY O2 SENSOR, and the V-TEC PRESSURE SWITCH. You can cut them off and make sure to tape off each wire.

You will have to take the V-TEC pin and Knock Sensor pin out of the JDM harness at the ECM, and put them in the same location on the EK harness. Then run wires to the Knock Sensor and V-TEC solenoid.

You will have to: extend your 02 sensor plug, extend the TPS plug, extend and swap your VSS plug, and extend and swap your IAT plug.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE PICTURES OF ANY OF THE ABOVE METIONED ESPECIALLY THE MOUNTS AND BRACKETS I MADE, E-MAIL ME AT redlinefurymg@msn.com I'D BE GLAD TO SEND YOU PICS or answer any more of your questions.

I'll be re-writing a complete swap intructions in a seperate thread for future reference.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone post any pics of a L bracket for a ek b seris motor...thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18C swap in EK Questions (Sinista)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sinista &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't you just hate it when you ask for information and people give you links that just give you confusing information?

First go to this site and read its entire contents: http://www.phear7imports.net/trey/6gen/</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can only assume you're talking about me because I'm the only one that posted a link.

You're a straight up ****-tard, buddy. Your link and mine are one in the same.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 AM

Thanks to the both of you, they both helped.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: (IHeartRicers)

You dont explain how do do **** you ****** tard, all u do is post links....i gave actual information
Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sinista)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sinista &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You dont explain how do do **** you ****** tard, all u do is post links....i gave actual information</TD></TR></TABLE>

You gave actual information that is contained in the very same link you labelled as "confusing information". If you can't see how that is retarded, I feel sorry for you.

I never said the info you gave was confusing. You called the info I gave confusing and then turned right around and supplied that very same link to him asking him to "read it's entire contents". Why do that if it's so ******' confusing?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:22 AM

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

you need to use the 99-00 si bracket in the back of the motor for b18c swap into ek. i got one if you need it 45 shipped
Old 02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mek9fast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mek9fast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to use the 99-00 si bracket in the back of the motor for b18c swap into ek. i got one if you need it 45 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>

While Sinista actually did say that above - he did so in a really confusing way.

The exhaust side of the engine is the 'front' of it when describing locations of things. Saying things like "You will also need the right mounting bracket used on the '99 - '00 Civic Si (Firewall side)." will easily confuse a person because that bracket is known as the rear tranny bracket.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:30 AM

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

While Sinista actually did say that above - he did so in a really confusing way.

The exhaust side of the engine is the 'front' of it when describing locations of things. Saying things like "You will also need the right mounting bracket used on the '99 - '00 Civic Si (Firewall side)." will easily confuse a person because that bracket is known as the rear tranny bracket.</TD></TR></TABLE>

absolutely correct.. i have the rear trans bracket