Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18c Limp mode no cel

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18c Limp mode no cel

Well just to update anyone who ever has this issue, today i combed through my wiring loom and labelled each wire as i went.. slow and tedious

On my journeys i noticed the tps and map sensor grounds were playing up.. intermittantly giving me continuity than not..
Located the wires back to
Pin 21 and 22 on connector D- sensor grounds
21 was fine and working but 22 was hit and miss.. i tested it at a point high up on the plug which i stripped.. and it again worked fine.. after scratching my head i noticed a small taped area which i opened to find the cable had been soldered and joined. I tested before the solder.. dead.. i tested after the solder.. continuity.. i believe due to age and **** solder.. the solder had lost conductivity and the way it was joined by the solder meant the wires never touched..

Cut it out.. did continuity to the sensors.. fine.. did continuity to the neg battery terminal.. perfect..

Started the car up.. for the first time ever i have a cel light

Codes read 22 and 6.. it ran horribly but i know my ignition timing is way out so i will try that tomorow. And play with the coolant sensor and oil sensor.

Just wanted to update the internet as in my searches no one seems to have answered a thresd of this sort. I focussed my solution of the limp mode issue on the dizzy and its sensors.. the map and the tps.. i dont think the others are likely to kick it into limp..

Hope to bring more good news in the week

Thanks