Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible?

Hey,

I'm sure all of you know how crappy the oil-filled driver side mount on the 96-00 civic's are...

I was thinking about just replacing it with an OEM mount, but those cost $ and i've heard that they break easily anyways...

Is there any bracket that a company makes where i would be able to utilize the eg/dc driver side mount in my ek? i know hasport makes a replacement, but i'm not sure if i have to use the hasport mount in that case (which would be weird since i'd be running oems everywhere else minus that one hasport mount)

Suggestions?

p.s. no i do not want to buy a whole hasport kit.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible? (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey,

I'm sure all of you know how crappy the oil-filled driver side mount on the 96-00 civic's are...

I was thinking about just replacing it with an OEM mount, but those cost $ and i've heard that they break easily anyways...Is there any bracket that a company makes where i would be able to utilize the eg/dc driver side mount in my ek? i know hasport makes a replacement, but i'm not sure if i have to use the hasport mount in that case (which would be weird since i'd be running oems everywhere else minus that one hasport mount)

Suggestions?

p.s. no i do not want to buy a whole hasport kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason it break according to some people you say, is because of owner abuse and horsepower/torque goes beyond the limit that mount was designed for. Honda did not make a mount for a 250+ HP civic to begin with. BTW the integra d/s mount should be a little bit more beefier if that helps.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know WHY are you bumping it? That is the answer.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible? (Lord Helmet)

you said the integra mount is beefier.

the integra driver side mount is fundamentally different than the 96-00 civic one. i was wondering if there was some sort of production braket that would allow me to use this mount instead of the oil-filled civic one. i might just have to buy a non-oil-filled one from hcp or something...
Old 06-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man up and buy the HAsport conversion mount that uses the EG/DC style mount setup with a semi solid poly mount

The others will be okay but as it has been said the DC style mount is beefier and handles the power better

I had the Place Racing EK mount and it was okay but I would have prefered and used the HA sport DC style mount kit had I kept the car longer

Best of luck
Old 06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible? (SergEK)

i don't think daily driver + hasport mounts make a good combination...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 PM

get the prothane insert for the driver side mount. i had that mount bust on me after a few months of boost. used the energy suspenion motor mount inserts which stabalized it quite a bit.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: b18c Driver side mount in an EK possible? (eK9aT10pSi)

well IMO.. if you have the torque mounts on correctly, your d/s mount wouldnt be under so much stress.. in my own experiences.. i ripped that mount once and it was because i was still trying to find the bracket for torque mount on that side.. i was running a LS motor with a 6-puck unsprung and everyone knows how harsh that is on the mounts.. well i got the torque mount in and replaceed the d/s mount (last summer).. i havent had a problem yet... moral of the story is.. if you have all 5 mounts you should be good... and hasport mounts arent that stiff for daily driving.. once it's broken in.. they feel almost like stock mounts..