Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18c, bucking, missing, sputtering and dieing. help me diagnose this POS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c, bucking, missing, sputtering and dieing. help me diagnose this POS

ok so heres the deal my car (98 hx w/ jdm gsr) was running fine. until one day when i was headed to class and it started missing bogging in my driveway then died at the end of it so i push it back down the drive and to the garage.
Then i swapped back to my p72 ecu from the p73 i was running. and starts up. [/ that episode]

then when i get home i replace the fuel filter and spark plugs. and go for a drive with the p73 ecu run it around the area where i live, then i am comin to stop sign, and notice my engine has died. and it wont crank back up. then i swap back the p72 and cranks up but for the mile back to my house the tach is jumping around and the car is bogging and acting like it is trying its hardest to die, then it does in driveway, so i swap back the p73 and it starts and makes it into the garage..

the this ive checked and done.
car gets spark.+ rebiult one dizzy with new igniter and good coil and other that the car was running on before.
checked the cam timing and it was off, so i set everything back to TDC's and it still wouldnt start. then we switched around with main relays and used my friends and mine and they both worked. and the car ran.
and ive even swapped out dizzies, and both car run.

cliff notes
fuel pump primes, relay clicks
pretty sure i have or had spark.

car bucking, bogging and loosing motor power, and the Tach is bounce arround and reading inaccurately (with both distributors, and does not do this in my freinds car with the dizzy i had)
and it will die after a bit of bogging.
and it will backfire too
SSo what could be wrong????
fuel pump?
hx injectors? (arent all obd2 b & d injectors 240cc??)
igniton switch?
I still havent replaced the plug wires
and it likes to bogg worse when it faced with a slight incline
Old 04-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c, bucking, missing, sputtering and dieing. help me diagnose this POS (98ekhx)

what about the atlernator?? my light did dim wheni got on the gas a wee bit
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c, bucking, missing, sputtering and dieing. help me diagnose this POS (98ekhx)