Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18B1 in 96 CX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18B1 in 96 CX Questions

Well after reading the EK swap guide repetativly I still can't find the answer to a few problems I'm having , the motors in and mounted, that worked out fine, but I'm running into several problems as far as the wiring goes. According to the swap guide you should only have to change one plug, and thats going from a 3 pin IACV to a 2 pin IACV. Well I did that, but theres still 2 sensors on the intake manifold that don't have plugs for on the EK harness, the one on the top right hand corner of the intake manifold, and what looks to be a secondary MAP on the last runner of the intake manifold. On the civic harness there are 2 plugs that are 2 pin, but square, not cirular like the sensors on the integra manifold. Do I just get an integra harness and replace the 2 square ones with 2 cirlce ones ? Also a few more things.

1. According to the swap guide, I have to swap pins A14 and A12 or something like that, well I also converted the car to OBDI because the motor came from a 94 Integra, do I still have to swap these pins if I'm working with an OBDI ECU/Jumper Harness ?

2. The distributor has 2 plugs on it, the civic harness only has 1, and it dosn't fit into either of them. What kind of distributor do I need, or do I need to cut the plugs off an Integra harness ?

3. On the front side of the transmission the civic harness has 2 square plugs that don't go to anything I can find. I'm going to assume one is for the front o2 sensor that I have to extend, what about the other one ? Theres 3 total, one I already determined was to some sort of sensor on the bottom side of the transmission, as for the other 2 , I'm pretty lost. Also, The injector plugs from the CX harness wont plug into the LS injectors either so I'm just going to assume that I need to swap to integra plugs.

4. The CX alternator plug wont plug into the integra alternator, and I don't have the civic alternator anymore, should I just get another CX/DX alternator, or swap the integra alternator harness into the CX ?

This swap guide made it sound like everything was a plug and play aside from the IACV, it isn't turning out so much like that now, so any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (BigBoostd)

2. you need an obd1 dizzy or you can rewire a obd2 plug on your harness to work with that dizzy

4. what harness are you using?? obd1 or obd2
Old 09-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (EGwhat!!!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGwhat!!! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2. you need an obd1 dizzy or you can rewire a obd2 plug on your harness to work with that dizzy

4. what harness are you using?? obd1 or obd2</TD></TR></TABLE>

he has to use the harness on his car...its obd2...cant use obd1 harness on an ek

^^^
you have to de-pin the distributer...just use the plugs from your old motor. its color to color. but the way i do it just to make sure is do one pin at a time and even though there is two plugs on obd1...if you compare the plugs together the matching colored wires are in the exact same spot on the obd2...hope this helps and dont confuse you.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (turbociviccoupe)

whoops brain fart you need and obd2 dizzy and alternator. or you can rewire to make it work

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">According to the swap guide, I have to swap pins A14 and A12 or something like that, <U>well I also converted the car to OBDI</U> because the motor came from a 94 Integra, do I still have to swap these pins if I'm working with an OBDI ECU/Jumper Harness ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

this threw me off
Old 09-02-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (turbociviccoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he has to use the harness on his car...its obd2...cant use obd1 harness on an ek

^^^
you have to de-pin the distributer...just use the plugs from your old motor. its color to color. but the way i do it just to make sure is do one pin at a time and even though there is two plugs on obd1...if you compare the plugs together the matching colored wires are in the exact same spot on the obd2...hope this helps and dont confuse you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think I understand what your getting at, so just got to my Civic motor and cut the plug off my dizzy and then de-pin the LS dizzy and just match up wires to the single plug ? like you said there 2 plugs on the integra dizzy, when i depin them both will all of them fit into the single civic plug, or is one of them just not used. Sorry, I don't know **** about Hondas, I'm a DSM guy myself
Old 09-02-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (BigBoostd)

yes
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: B18B1 in 96 CX Questions (EGwhat!!!)

Well that takes care of a few problems, anyone else care to shed some light on the rest of my issues ?