Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18A1

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18A1

IS IT GONNA BE POSSIBLE OR VERY HARD TO REACH 250HP ON A B18A1 WITH A TURBO ??
Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18A1 (95civiccpdx)

DAMN SON DID YOU COME STRAIGHT HERE FROM A.O.L.?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nah straight from a 11 sec american car i dont kno that much bout these cars
Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95civiccpdx)

i know how you can get 250+ in a honda. Swap the dam 11sec american motor into the civic. besides you can get more than 250+ on a civic. Turbo is not one of thing you will need to make it reach 250hp might need other mods on the side to help it reach 250hp such as low compression piston rods.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maze_yang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know how you can get 250+ in a honda. Swap the dam 11sec american motor into the civic.</TD></TR></TABLE> i hope you were joking. And as far as the other things you mentioned, like i think you meant low compression pistons, no such thing as a low compression rod. you actually don't even need them if you turbo it.

You set opretty resonable goals n stock internals. With a turbo and a good tune, you'll reach that easily. Now if you do beef up your internals, then we're talking a whole different story.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boost_V)

well he don't wanna run turbo under his stock bottom unless he has a ls bottom so the motor won't blow up. i suggest if he has stock bottom and he dose not wanna swap block to ls then he rather go get low compress rods for better boost. but if he wanna do it the turbo just ont he stock motor then have fun for blowing the motor up.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well he don't wanna run turbo under his stock bottom unless he has a ls bottom so the motor won't blow up. i suggest if he has stock bottom and he dose not wanna swap block to ls then he rather go get low compress rods for better boost. but if he wanna do it the turbo just ont he stock motor then have fun for blowing the motor up. Turbo is not one of thing you will need to make it reach 250hp might need other mods on the side to help it reach 250hp such as low compression piston rods.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow this dude is ******* clueless...LOL....wtf are you talking about??????? he doesnt wanna run turbo under stock bottom unless he has ls bottom so motor wont blow up??? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????????

look dude, you can get 250whp outa that b18 stock all day with turbo and a good tune. The time will be counting ddown depending how you drive it everyday, and maintain it. take care of it, it will last year or more. mine lasted 10months WIDE OPEN every day 24/7. Get a good tune and you are fine. dont listen to anything that other guy is saying. hes ******* clueless..or on LSD(acid)....but if you want more than 250whp and for it to last long, get some H beam rods, and low compression pistons. and rod/main bearings/thrust washers. have a nice stout bottom end. you will be fine for 250+ whp...just remember...TUNE TUNE TUNE
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thankyou for that decent civic. Even though your the ******* that said you couldnt turbo a b18c5.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sr420Det)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sr420Det &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thankyou for that decent civic. Even though your the ******* that said you couldnt turbo a b18c5.</TD></TR></TABLE> lol

he made good points in this case though
Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Boost_V)

b16, b18b1, b18c5, and the like are all capable of 400whp on stock bottom ends.

Ls at 250 whp will be easy with a good tuner and the right setup.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DecentCivicZ6)

mm ****** your jsut repeating wat i said kid so you can shh, by the way don't post if your gonna repeat what other ppls going to say.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mm ****** your jsut repeating wat i said kid so you can shh, by the way don't post if your gonna repeat what other ppls going to say. </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ lol...like i said, either you cant read, or you are still coming down from that acid trip you had earlier...you said nothing what i said..you said a bunch of mumbo jumbo cant boost ls unless u got ls with ls and ls rods with a ls turbo...lol..all u said was ls this and that and low cr rods??? lol..anyways...

lol....bout the type r...didnt say you can not...lol..guy here boosted his around 5-6psi...that car lasted a few months..havent seen it since. im saying, why buy a high cr engine and boost it?? unless you stay ONLY at the drag strip and run it and shut it off with any higher boost than thati just dotn see the point..lol.can not be a DD boosting a high cr engine..(GASoline engine) haha, but ive seen some NASTY turbo 11:1 CR B series...all out drag cars tho...so i mean i know it can be done..just trying to drive whoever it was away from that waste of money. like i said....expletive A HYPE R ...lol...only messin around with yall, nothing serious
Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DecentCivicZ6)

mm dumb kid i said if he dose not want to get low compress rod he can get a ls bottom you dumb kid, and your car is pretty much beat up so just beacause your 4dr is turbo on a dumb dirty stock motor don't mean your all that on motors kid.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha low compression rod no such thing
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no such thing as a low compression rod. Just low or high compression pistons.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (black_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mm dumb kid i said if he dose not want to get low compress rod he can get a ls bottom you dumb kid</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf do you think a b18a1 is? wtf is a low compression rod?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doood)

Good thing the OP went from American muscle cars to Hondas so now he can listen to dumb kids like this

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well he don't wanna run turbo under his stock bottom unless he has a ls bottom so the motor won't blow up. i suggest if he has stock bottom and he dose not wanna swap block to ls then he rather go get low compress rods for better boost. but if he wanna do it the turbo just ont he stock motor then have fun for blowing the motor up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

A B18a1 is an LS motor. You can boost a Gsr or type r if you wanted to just not as much boost. You can boost pretty much anything you just have to tune very very well. There is definetly no such thing as a low compression rod. For a high boost application you might want to look into a forged rod because they are stronger.

To the OP with a good tune on stock internals you should be able to safely break 250 whp with a boosted B18a1. There are still alot of factors, such as what turbo, manifold, fuel system, exhaust.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maze_yang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mm dumb kid i said if he dose not want to get low compress rod he can get a ls bottom you dumb kid, and your car is pretty much beat up so just beacause your 4dr is turbo on a dumb dirty stock motor don't mean your all that on motors kid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a dirty stock motor in a 4door? wtf...god i wish people actually did ban people that are so ridiculously dumb like this moron....

OP: im guessing you get the picture now besdies everything the guy above stated...good luck
Old 07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks i love low compression rods ha cmon i dont kno much bout hondas but i kno there no such thing as low compression rods but thanks!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95civiccpdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DecentCivicZ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have a dirty stock motor in a 4door? wtf...god i wish people actually did ban people that are so ridiculously dumb like this moron....

OP: im guessing you get the picture now besdies everything the guy above stated...good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>\

I agree, or at least he should continue to be at trial status.