Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18 Tranny issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18 Tranny issue.

So, I am turboed and I have an ACT 6 puck clutch in my b18 tranny. I haven't broke into the tranny yet but before I look at the damage I wanted some input and guesstimations on what went wrong. The car will not move AT ALL. What I mean is that I was driving the car, went to make a turn and then it made a noise when i let the clutch out. I pulled into this driveway and put it into first gear and it went in verys moothly but would not move anywhere. I tried 1-5 and Reverse and it goes into gear fine but I let all the way out on the clutch and it will not move at all. I am assuming that the pressure plate isn't engaging.

The other day I drove the car for an hour for the first time since it was put back together and I got home and the car didn't want to go into gear. I checked the transmission fluid and it was EMPTY. I put transmission fluid in it and it got alot better and went into every gear smoothly and it felt perfect. I did, however hear this humming noise that was something to do with the clutch because when I pushed in the clutch the noise stopped but when I let out of the clutch (in neutral) it would make the humming noise again. It was very hard to hear and I thought it was a throwout bearing but I haven't looked yet so I'm not sure.

1. I don't think it's the throwout bearing because I was told that even with the clutch pushed in if the throwout bearing was bad and the car was in gear it would take off.

2. The clutch is broke in but it hasn't been abused. It's a high performance clutch so i don't understand why it would go out.

I don't know what it is but I wanted to get some ideas of what it COULD be. I didn't abuse the clutch but... It is a turbo car and it is used up to high rpms and high mph.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: b18 Tranny issue. (theblob)

Look at your axles it might pop out
Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18 Tranny issue. (BOOSTED RIVAL)

I've already looked at that and they are both fine and well in place.