Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18 oil pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18 oil pump problem

k guys a bit of a weird one here
have a civic running a b18 jdm type r any way about a month after the engine was put in the oil light started to come on at low idle then go away when you rev a little then it started to say one in the end the oil pump failed and bearings went
then i got another bottom end and used my old head about a week later same thing happend . the light came on so i got a new b18 head before damage was done thinkin it might be the cause but nothing still the same .
then i sent the engine off to be rebuilt and got i back having been completely cleaned inside out then 2 weeks later same thing only just 5 mins after the oil light flashed the oil pump let go and leaked out the oil .
so it went back to the builder and he checked every thing cleaned it out and kept the car for over a week and ran it in .
all seemed grand untill today 1 weeks after i got the car back the light is back on

does any body have an idea what the problem could be the only parts off the original engine is the intake and rocker cover
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: b18 oil pump problem

Originally Posted by mystikal-vti
k guys a bit of a weird one here
have a civic running a b18 jdm type r any way about a month after the engine was put in the oil light started to come on at low idle then go away when you rev a little then it started to say one in the end the oil pump failed and bearings went
then i got another bottom end and used my old head about a week later same thing happend . the light came on so i got a new b18 head before damage was done thinkin it might be the cause but nothing still the same .
then i sent the engine off to be rebuilt and got i back having been completely cleaned inside out then 2 weeks later same thing only just 5 mins after the oil light flashed the oil pump let go and leaked out the oil .
so it went back to the builder and he checked every thing cleaned it out and kept the car for over a week and ran it in .
all seemed grand untill today 1 weeks after i got the car back the light is back on

does any body have an idea what the problem could be the only parts off the original engine is the intake and rocker cover
check the oil pressure manually. you will have to look up the specs on oil bressure for whatever B18 you have. they might al be the same but i'm not sure. i have to fill out an invoice or i would help you out more and post a bunch of secs or the spec if theyre all the same
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your pressure sender on the back of the block
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by decko
Check your pressure sender on the back of the block
yeah that was my next advice too. if he has good pressure on a test gauge, then its the sender most likely. thanks for helpin him out