Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16b 93 Civic, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16b 92 Civic, worth it?

just getting into cars, still learning..but, is this car worth it? (Canadian car, canadian price)

"Hey i am sellign my 1992 honda civic vx with a b16b Civic Type R swap. The trim is vx, the car weights a mere 1385 kg, and with this power potential it hauls ***. The reasom why i am sellign is because i am purchasig a pulsar gtir. The car has just finished gettign all of the body work completed, the color is flat balck. Im going to leave it this color so the buyer can decided waht color they want there car to be. I have completed most of the mechaical work to this car. The interior has been striped of the carpet. The car is rated about 200hp. The CTR engien has 185 stock and the spoon ecu "not sure how it is tuned" can be up to a 15 hp gain. and all of the other bolt on's help out the power gains. This car sounds amasing, no rasp or rice just a deep throaty sound. Vtec kicks in at 5000 and pushes till 9000, only ever gone till 8000. These is a huge crosover diffrence from the b16a or anay other vtec engines. It has a CTR lsd tranny which has amasing gearing. Goign about 100km/h it is at about 2900 Rpm in 5th gear. There is no need to gear down to pass an oposing car just open up the trottle and away you go.
Me and my brother did the motor swap, it went in eaisly with no major complications, this has been our 4th sawp. we did a dohc zc sawp ito a 1989 crx, a b16a into a 92 integra, and a sr20 into a 240sx, the swap was a postiive turn out, no leaks, the engie is spotles, and runs even better!!

Con- Needs to have a new water tempture sensor wiring run, " the purpose of the water temp sensor is, when the engien is cold it sends a code to the ecu sayign that it needs more fuel sent to the engine to get a good strat, when it does not work it send's a code sayign that the engine is hot so it does nto get enopuf fuel to have a proper start. It has been like this since we did the swap. It is startable but it is a bit opf a hassel, it take a fuel good primes and a few starts. its not a verry hard fix, when the engine is worm there is no difucility starting.

Most of my JDM parts were boutght threw JDMsource, exelent service and parts, havent ever had a prolbem thrw them,

Mods,
JDM B16b Lsd ctr engine, less than 40000 km, year 2000
Authentic Spoon Sports ek9 ecu
Jdm CTR shift linkage with Shifter "amasing throw and feel"
Vtec frog harness, obd1 to obd2b
ITR axles with newly instaled outter axel boots
Hks 4-1 race headers with 2.5" collector
Apexi World sport exhaust, 2.5"
Custom 2.5" test pipe
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Civic Sir Fuel filter
MSD 8.5 mm wires
NGK R Spark plugs
Integra short ram intake
Greaddy Rad cap
Gtr 6000k Hid
Mugen replica front upper strut bar
C-Pillar bar
Rear Tenzo R upper strut bar
Rear lower tie bar
Jdm Mahadi alumimum racign rims 15" with JDM bridgestone rubber 70-90% One tire is brand new
Jdm clear cornors
Jdm rear outter tail lights
Jdm Spoiler 2 pice with led
Jdm Amber clock
Jdm Amber double flasher
Jdm Cluster from SIR
Replicia Spoon Mirrors
Momo T-bucket Fia Black racign seat
Greaddy guage pod with autometer volt meter
Pioneer deck 40x4 and Pioneer speakers
Brand new window installed on Spetember 6th
type r axles and new axle boots

I have managed to scramble up most of the recits

My askign price is in obo, so Pm me an offer
$8250"

i'm not in the same city as the guy selling (about 3hour drive) and was hoping to get some feedback before i set anything up, or make the trip up to even look at it....worried about the "water temp. sensor" and "just soem whit smoke due to no cat when geardown and the ecu dosnt help either but verry littl oil losss"

minimal problems, easy to fix...worth 8k?

Thanks in advanced
Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never buy someone elses project.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (-Gary-)

$8200 for a ******* 13 year old Civic VX? I don't care what it has done to it, it's not worth that much. The Infiniti in my signature cost $1000 less than that. I wouldn't pay for than $6000 for that car.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gary- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never buy someone elses project.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2. Unless you know the person and know that their work is reputable and sound. Buy this guy's description of all that ****, I'm gonna go ahead and make the assumption that its not the best. Stay away.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 AM

Default Re: (ek gripper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek gripper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

X2. Unless you know the person and know that their work is reputable and sound. Buy this guy's description of all that ****, I'm gonna go ahead and make the assumption that its not the best. Stay away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gary- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never buy someone elses project.</TD></TR></TABLE>
X4

I learned my lesson.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 AM

yeah, thats what i was thinking too..sounds like tehres lotta things that have gone wrong, and probably more to come in the future....

i wouldn't buy someone else's project except that i'm strapped for time, money, and have little to no mechanical experience..but projects are supposed to take time...save, save, save i guess

thanks for the input!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kayin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kayin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks for the input!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nooo problem!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I do like how the sellers say " pulls right to 9000rpm, never rev'ed past 8000rpm", WTF?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jameskersten1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jameskersten1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do like how the sellers say " pulls right to 9000rpm, never rev'ed past 8000rpm", WTF? </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, right? Yeah man, like you said, just save and be patient. You'll find the right car eventually. I'd recommend something as stock as possible, preferrably bought from an older person who is meticulous about maintaining the car. I got lucky enough to find just that. That was after i almost rushed into quite a few cars that wouldnt have been nearly as nice.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jameskersten1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jameskersten1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do like how the sellers say " pulls right to 9000rpm, never rev'ed past 8000rpm", WTF? </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha, yeah

I don't buy cars from people who can't spell and/or proofread, let alone from complete strangers who modify their cars.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Re: (ddd4114)

yeah...i'm finding it hard to find the right car thats either *mint*, hardly modified, or need very little paint/body work....but then again, i'm only really looking for 92-95 civics...give it time i guess

again, thanks a lot for the input..if i've learned anything from this, patience is virtue
Old 09-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (kayin)

My last eg I bought was a project car from someone else but he only did suspension and brake modifications. Complete uncut and unaltered slow *** engine that I got to swap out myself.

Its cool with me.
Look for a complete shell if nothing else that only needs a motor for around 1000.00 or so and put your own swap in it.

My 0.02
Old 09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sauceja)

blah..
Old 09-08-2006, 03:25 PM

x5