Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16A Swap into EG (Pics of engine)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16A Swap into EG (Pics of engine)

Alright i recently bought an engine off of DIS-1, he was a cool seller... nice and had some nice rides.. anyways he told me that it was a complete swap... everything i needed for the swap... well he gave me the engine, shift linkage, some itr replica headers, the axles, and skunk2 im. and it also came with some itr cams and cam gears and lsd tranny... i bought it all for 2000 and i thought that was a great deal!! well he told me the stock mounts will work for the swap... and i didnt really believe him and he said that jerry.. i think hes from like prostreet or jerry built i forget... installed it on the stock mounts... i still didnt believe him then he said that most people didnt know it but it works just as well... just wanted to get ur guys's input and i wanted to know if all this was a good deal... btw i dont think i got itr cams or cam gears.. i think i got megan racing cam gears and skunk2 cams...

heres the pics

^^^ wat piece is that.. it broke wen i was trying to move the motor^^

leaking at those 2 spots... wats it leaking??

Well he gave me the stock b16 cams and cam gears

Thanks for looking...

btw its going into this bucket
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Are you a guy? If so why are your toe nails painted? Btw, working on responses.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: B16A Swap into EG (chuniepatuni)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chuniepatuni &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright i recently bought an engine off of DIS-1, he was a cool seller... nice and had some nice rides.. anyways he told me that it was a complete swap... everything i needed for the swap... well he gave me the engine, shift linkage, some itr replica headers, the axles, and skunk2 im. and it also came with some itr cams and cam gears and lsd tranny... i bought it all for 2000 and i thought that was a great deal!! well he told me the stock mounts will work for the swap... and i didnt really believe him and he said that jerry.. i think hes from like prostreet or jerry built i forget... installed it on the stock mounts... i still didnt believe him then he said that most people didnt know it but it works just as well... just wanted to get ur guys's input and i wanted to know if all this was a good deal... btw i dont think i got itr cams or cam gears.. i think i got megan racing cam gears and skunk2 cams...

heres the pics

^^^ wat piece is that.. it broke wen i was trying to move the motor^^

leaking at those 2 spots... wats it leaking??

Thanks for looking...
[/img]</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those two leaks are coolant lines to your block passage coolant neck. It's a pipe sticking out on the backside of your engine, under your intake manifold. It has 3 outlets and it goes into that piece you're pointing to. It's leaking coolant fluid (antifreeze, radiator fluid, water) no big deal just buy better zip ties when you put the hoses there.. It's not a motor oil leak lol.

The piece you broke is the clamp that holds the exhaust manifold in place under the block. Don't worry about it, as long as it's bolted tightly to the exhaust ports and bolted tightly to your cat or straight pipe, the header won't move. Just take the bracket off for weight loss anyway.

EDIT: Nice shell, I don't know about the cams, but those cam gears aren't ITR cam gears. They look like something else, not AEM either. As far as the cams, if they're Skunk2's then they're better than ITR's anyway so I wouldn't sweat that, his loss.

A few tips- make sure you set up all the hoses in the ENGINE bay before dropping it in, and unplug all the sensors off the motor and even tag them and remove them, because sensors like to snap off and break when you're dropping a motor in and those ***** are EXPENSIVE and hard to replace. Try to drop the engine/transmission in as bare as you can, but make sure the engine bay has everything done to it, for example:
1) put the rear bracket on the block before dropping it in, because it's hard to install when the motor's in, which is the mistake I made
2) Your stock heater core hose isn't long enough, so make sure when you have the stock motor out, you rip that old heater core hose off (the one that goes to the block passage coolant pipe) and put the B16A one on there.

Good buy though
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Essenar83)

wtf find the leak source change the gasket..(pray its not a crack in the block) clean her up. and get her in..and as for the mounts..i dont think stock ones will fit.....
Old 07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont think his toenails are painted. A vacuum line just happens to be sticking off the back of the itm right over his toenail in the pic.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: (WhiteOut)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteOut &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf find the leak source change the gasket..(pray its not a crack in the block) clean her up. and get her in..and as for the mounts..i dont think stock ones will fit.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're referring to where he said it's leaking, that's not motor oil you ****, that's coolant fluid and chances are it's either it leaked because it wasn't fully emptied, or it leaks because the hoses were too big or not fastened securely to the passage block.

If you're referring to the engine being covered in oil, I am suspicious of that too... However there are a lot of possibilities. I'm really curious why that motor is covered in so much oil.
Honda-Tech Member

toenails arent painted and btw... the engine might look sticky and greasy and all that buts its beacuse i was in the proccess of cleaning it and it has gunk sprayed on it... so its not leaking like that lol...
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WhiteOut)

pressure wash the hell out of that thing its a mess
Old 07-06-2006, 02:25 PM

Why is there SO much oil near his crank, isn't that a bad thing? And why can you see inside his crank pulley?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: B16A Swap into EG (Essenar83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Essenar83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those two leaks are coolant lines to your block passage coolant neck. It's a pipe sticking out on the backside of your engine, under your intake manifold. It has 3 outlets and it goes into that piece you're pointing to. It's leaking coolant fluid (antifreeze, radiator fluid, water) no big deal just buy better zip ties when you put the hoses there.. It's not a motor oil leak lol.

The piece you broke is the clamp that holds the exhaust manifold in place under the block. Don't worry about it, as long as it's bolted tightly to the exhaust ports and bolted tightly to your cat or straight pipe, the header won't move. Just take the bracket off for weight loss anyway.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just requoting since thread got swarmed. Those are your two answers. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chuniepatuni)

there thats after i took the gunk off.. lol its alot cleaner now but my moms camera sucks *****
Old 07-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Make sure you keep the exhaust ports covered even when you're not cleaning or watering the engine. You can still get dust particles or dirt or other things inside the exhaust ports and that's not a good thing.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As for your mount problem, you can use some of the stock mounts just not the stock brackets. The driver side mount it the only mount you will change (94+ teg) The other mounts will stay but you will have to swap out the brackets. I am not sure witch ones to use I think it will be from a teg. I know the back one is, but the tranny.......I'm not sure. Do some searching there has been a thread on this.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:41 PM

Full mount information-

For an EG, you will use-
Integra OR stock passenger side mount + bracket
Driver's side B16A mount BRACKET + stock or integra mount
For REAR MOUNT you 100% need an Integra bracket, but you can use your STOCK MOUNT. The rear mount is two pieces, the mount and the bracket, the bracket connects to the block and you have it on already.

For the TORSION mounts, you need the B16A ones, but if you buy MOUNT INSERTS your motor will be very stiff and won't need torsion mounts.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys..