Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16a, S1 integra cable to Hidrolic convertion, pressure plate or clutch problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a, S1 integra cable to Hidrolic convertion, pressure plate or clutch problems?

B16a with S1 Teg box

Hello people,

Can you please give me your opinions on this. I recently had my engine rebuilt for turbo, and I had my syncros and sleeves replace in the box. When I got the car back I used it w/o turbo on and off till the motor was broken in. When I finally took it out and started to use it as I normally would have...to work,traffice, 6000rpms etc, I noticed that I was getting trouble to put in the gears and that @ stand still when I press the clutch pedal with the gear engaged, the car vibrates as if it wants to move off. It's seems to me that the pressure plate is not doing its job properly, and the clutch plate isn't being released totally.

I have a new ACT full clutch kit: Pressure plate,clutch plate copper 4 puck , bearing. I have replace my master cylinder and I have checked the slave cylinder, as well as the cable/hydro. conversion lines. My Mechanic thinks that the pressure plate has ran loose or worse that the fingers have broken.

This is quite frustrating, I am ready to install my turbo and tune, but can't seem to get rid of all these other issues. Any comments on this problem? Thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the clutch is partially engaged at all times... check the cable to hydro mechanism.. maybe its to do with that.. it may not be extending fully.