Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16a idle problem...(searched)

Old 07-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a idle problem...(searched)

I checked all of my vac lines w/ tb cleaner...and yes I mean allllllll of them.

I never messed with the throttle cable so I'm not touching that.

I cleaned the iacv with tb cleaner. I tightened that little idle control screw clockwise to lower it...nope.

Checked my gaskets all the way around them....nope. Bled my radiaotor to make sure no bubbles, and made sure coolant is full in there....nope.

I am getting pissed off here. I've searched through 285 archived idle problems relating to my engine or ANY B series, and it's all the same, "check your iacv, pcv, tighten this, tighten that," etc. etc.

Well I am throwing 1 code which is 22...vtec pressure switch! Can that be the problem of my idle.

What it does, is when I start my car, the engine idles very high at 3000rpm. Then if I give it alittle gas, it will surge from 2000-3000rpm. If I take it around the block, it idles at 2700rpm until it warms up. Then if I am coming to a stop, pop the clutch in (neutral) it ******* surges again Up and down, up and down, etc. After about 30 min of driving it, the idle will drop to around 1500rpm and stay there. It is so annoying because it's one of those problems that it could be anything.

It use to sit there and idle so nice at 850rpm with a nice rumble, now she sounds like a little brat screamin at me but I cannot help her...I'm tryin here.

I seriously don't want to take it to the shop, and get raped, so someone help me out please!?!?

edit: oh yeah mugen chipped p28 if that helps
Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B16a idle problem...(searched) (ehhhWhatsUpDOHC)

my girl has the same problem with her car... but she just has a cx motor in her car with a dx intake and tb.... it fluctuates all the damn time.....

it doesnt ever stop when its cold or hot..... i cleaned the fitv and the iacv and i replaced them with mine still nothing....

good luck with your car i know its annoying as ****...

also my car used to do it and i just unleashed a whole can of intake and tb cleaner on it while it was warm but not running.... that seemed to fix.. im gonna do it tomarrow on the girls car ... try that out DO NOT USE CARB CLEANER... just use throttlebody and intake manifold cleaner..

spray in the tb everywhere in the ports for the fitv everywhere. just leave the car off tho and make shure its at operating temp.. thats how i did it.. it will be a bitch to start it but once its started hold it at like 5-6 gz it will clean that **** out and it should be fixed... thats what im hoping tomarrow
Old 07-05-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: B16a idle problem...(searched) (siregcivic)

Thx man I will give that a try also. This is really annoying I don't even take it out anymore because I can't stand rolling in somewhere and my car sounds like a bitch idling like that and everyone ******* stares like I have ten heads and ****. If this doesn't help I'm goin to talk with the local honda mechanic and see if he can narrow it down.

I also am gonna try what that one thread write up suggests, about taking off the fitv and tightening down that plastic **** in there that regulates the piston inside to regulate airflow coming through th tb.

Thanks again bro and good luck with your girl's car too

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old 07-05-2005, 11:23 PM

Going to bed pissed off

bump
Old 07-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a similar problem, i did the fitv fix and clear it right up. hopefully it will fix urs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ehhhWhatsUpDOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I also am gonna try what that one thread write up suggests, about taking off the fitv and tightening down that plastic **** in there that regulates the piston inside to regulate airflow coming through th tb.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated </TD></TR></TABLE>