Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b16a First gen upgrades..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a First gen upgrades..

What can you suggest in my stock b16a first gen upgrades that can produce great performance, like, Air Intakes, intake manifold, Exhaust system, and cam gears? pls include the brand and type of item in each fields.

thank you thank you thank you.......
Old 12-10-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades.. (_JDM_)

searchhhhhhhhhh!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades.. (_JDM_)

Anything OBX, and XS autochrome, will do.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades.. (my_slow_civic)

b18 bottom end with the p30 pistons

*400 post

Modified by EG93si at 9:07 AM 12/11/2006
Old 12-11-2006, 08:16 AM

Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades.. (EG93si)

start small...let it breath...ebay intake is just as good as anything else out there.....find a decent header....not a dc 4-2-1 those suck....since im sure you dont plan on building this motor in the future you will be fine with a jdm itr replica...then take it to an exhaust shop and have them fab up an exhaust system that suits your needs...dont rely on what the first shop tells you cuz they might be tryin to bullshit you...shop around...im sure youll find someone that will hook you up...meanwhile use the search feature on this site and read as much as possible...by the time youve done the stuff i said you will have a better understanding of what you have to do after...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades.. (Suck my DX)

What are your goals? Daily driver? Autocrosser? Strict dragster?

You have to tell us something here.

'Cause I'ma tell u right now that the 1500whp civics have different setups than me...and everybody else on H-T.

You really have to come up w/ a goal, whether it be a static HP number, or a usage..then people can help you further.

Until then you're just going to have 10 pple blowing smoke up ur *** w/ different brand names until the flavor of this topic is lost in which case it'll slowly slide onto page 2, then 3, then into oblivion like the 10 billion and 1 other topics exactly like it that came before it.

Give us a use here, use or a goal, or something.

EDIT:
Other than that I mostly agree with the dude above me...

Intakes can be pretty ******* generic, ebay's fine, just buy a real filter (K&N is what I do with, AEM also makes a decent one...so do 50 other companies...but not ebay - the intake arm is one thing, filter is something else). You'll probably only need an ITR replica but it really depends on what you're going for, if you're trying to squeeze the most outta it then that may not be the best solution for you...or for your needs, it might be perfect for you.

Also, 2 more things you have to tell us: BUDGET or INCOME that allows us to know how much you can work on which leads me to the other thing, EXPERIENCE - if you bring ur **** to a garage for your intake installation than it's going to cost more than doing it yourself (and the same goes for every part).

I do realize that I'm probably coming off like a complete ******* right now, but I'm just trying to help you, so you can help us, so we can help you better. Y'know?

- Budget/Income
- Experience w/ cars (specific)
- access to tools/lifts/etc.
- usage of the car
- mileage of the car (a 400k mileage engine isn't an ideal boost king)

More info, the better, like anything else.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a First gen upgrades

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Intakes can be pretty ******* generic, ebay's fine, just buy a real filter (K&N is what I do with, AEM also makes a decent one...so do 50 other companies...but not ebay - the intake arm is one thing, filter is something else).
</TD></TR></TABLE>
OP: ebay is not a brand

First off let me say 1st gen b16's suck. I know because I have one in my eg.
I will keep my head and mate it to a b18c1 block sometime this summer. After that I am saving for my H2B since I have a y21 lsd tranny already with hella short gears.

Some of the things I use are a type r manifold and throttle body.
2000-2001 ITR cams are a good oem choice but I would recommend getting ITR dual valve springs or other good name springs and retainers. Stay away from ITR valves IMO because they have thinner stems. Use your existing or aftermarket if going that route. Also if doing much headwork I would recommend ITR Lost motion assemblies as they are thicker than the 1st gens.
Stock airbox with a K&N would be pretty good. You can strip everything else from the airbox other than the box and piece from box to tb.

As far as exhaust there are some quiet ones but I live in a non emmissions state so 2.5 inch food grade stainless that will outlast my car with a half *** decent muffler keeps it just quiet enough to keep the law off me. No cat or resonator so still loud though but not my daily car.

Hope this helps you and I use a lot of oem Honda/Acura parts because I like the idea of using stock parts that can be used for a performance upgrade. I stay true Honda. Not the fastest but reliable.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I put an ITR IM on mine, made a nice difference.