Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16A eg intermittent starting prob!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16A eg intermittent starting prob!!!

ok first off to better understand my situation i have to sorta tell a story
I had an eg with the B16A in it. Ran great. No probs. I ****in total it now I pulled the swap and stuck it in another eg which i bought with a blown d15b7 automatic. I pulled the swap and cleaned then shaved the bay. Installed motor, wired up the clutch switch to tell the vehicle it is in park. Vroom car started up great. Sweet. turn it off, go to start it again and the damn car wont start.. ok wtf. ok so i mess with it more and im like maybe the battery is weak. I jump it off and vroom. it fires up. wth. intermittently it keeps doin this. The other day i jump it off and it jus spins like its out of time. I let my truck run for a min with the jumper cables on and finally it starts. the other day at work i had it on a battery charger for a lil the car started up. left it in the shop all weekend, car fired up great next more. That afternoon same ****. wont start. i put battery charger on it and set it to start mode. car fires up. WTH. why does this keep happening. Its startin to really **** me off. ha. if anyone has any input it would be appreciated. thanks car is a 94 eg sedan lx. and once its starts it runs awesome. so i gotta figure out my startin prob
Old 07-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16A eg intermittent starting prob!!!

i think your alternator is bad or something is currently sucking up the juice from your battery
Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16A eg intermittent starting prob!!!

no one else has input on this. and the battery isnt dyin. even if i jump it off it still wont even try sometimes. at all. and last night i had a battery charger on it and tried to start it and the positive got real hot and seemed to smoke a lil. Im lost