B16 ex swap please help - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16 ex swap please help

Old 05-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Default B16 ex swap please help

Hey guys , im new to this and i recently bought a 97 civic with a b16a2 swap well im having a couple issues with it first , itís running to rich on the gas dont know how to fix that it smells like gas alot and i get shitty gas milage , another thing my speedometer doesnt work I replace the speed sensor and nothing , third my vtec doesnt engaged and it throws out black smoke at high rpm and its slow on a take off it barely catches speed but the car it self runs great its my daily but i really want to make it run right. Im currently runnning it on a p2t ecu if i plug it a chipped p28 with a jumper harness and tune it would that help me out ? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 ex swap please help

Do you tune up?

Do you mechanic?

Do you honda-tech?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 ex swap please help

Originally Posted by Glez_irvin View Post
. ..Im currently runnning it on a p2t ecu if i plug it a chipped p28 with a jumper harness and tune it would that help me out ? Thanks in advance!
Maybe if your car is wired correctly, the TUNED P28 will run the car better than the P2T. How is it that a P2T ECU is plugged into a '97 Civic engine harness ???

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: