Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B swap into EG hatch questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B swap into EG hatch questions

Do i need aftermarket mounts or what? A few people have told me that for eg's, the b and d series stock mounts are the same.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: B swap into EG hatch questions (revikan)

It should all be in the FAQs, but for the record you can use a combination of factory civic and integra mounts.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

With a gsr swap you need the 94-01 l-bracket. Getting aftermarkets would be better but it's up to you.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deff check the stickies, but you can get by with a combo of integra 94-01 mounts.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (z6hatchboy)

wow who ever told you b series and d series mounts are f-ing retarded lol just get integra stocvk mounts all around , but if your gonna be pushing your eg to the the limits get hasports, or somthing saround you budget in better aftermarket ones hhhahahahahaha b and d the same hahahahah
Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (00eddie00(95eg))

i swapped out my d for a b and used the stock mounts...all of them....had to use the b series bracket for the lower driverside mount, but all the mounts bolted right up, so to the guy above this post.....you have no clue what your talking about, i actually did a complete writeup on this swap if you need it ill send it to you....its step by step with pics
Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cehcivic15)

well you guys are not being specific, but the mounts are the three major ones are almost identical to the integra the rear integra mount is in fact a tad bit thicker. Depending on the motor you will have the aluminum timing side mount if not the stock Civic one will work and the transmission one is the same. Now for the lower trans mount you must use the civic if you look at the frame it has a notch in it and if you look at the integra mount it is not made with the notch cutout. also the same for the a.c. bracket. So if you have OEM integra ones those will not work in those 2 places. Other than that they are all the same.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Re: (slvrcvc93)

i just called up midnight performance in sacramento ( they have a shop here, bay arean and one in china so there pretty big and its an expensive shop and they know there shhit) and it said it wasnt possible to use the d series with a b series swap the mountss are diffrent heres the number 916 852 6887........
Old 09-05-2008, 02:47 PM

Well, Midnight Performance in Sacramento probably needs to stop advertising themselves as a legitimate shop if they don't know that the mounts are interchangeable. The rear mounts are the same, the upper tranny mounts are the same, the upper engine mounts are interchangeable so long as you use the appropriate bracket. The lower mounts are chassis specific and can be used with either engine type (though not in a different chassis).

What is different is the mounting brackets. The rear bracket, and lower brackets are specific to either B or D series engines, not both. The upper engine mount bracket is kind of a gray area as there are both two and three post brackets for the B series and which mount you use depends on the bracket, not the engine type.

Perhaps Midnight Performance is trying to sell you some mounts that you don't need.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revikan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do i need aftermarket mounts or what? A few people have told me that for eg's, the b and d series stock mounts are the same.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The <u>engine</u> mount are compatable.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehcivic15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i swapped out my d for a b and used the stock mounts...all of them....had to use the b series bracket for the lower driverside mount, but all the mounts bolted right up, so to the guy above this post.....you have no clue what your talking about, i actually did a complete writeup on this swap if you need it ill send it to you....its step by step with pics</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, Midnight Performance in Sacramento probably needs to stop advertising themselves as a legitimate shop if they don't know that the mounts are interchangeable. The rear mounts are the same, the upper tranny mounts are the same, the upper engine mounts are interchangeable so long as you use the appropriate bracket. The lower mounts are chassis specific and can be used with either engine type (though not in a different chassis).

What is different is the mounting brackets. The rear bracket, and lower brackets are specific to either B or D series engines, not both. The upper engine mount bracket is kind of a gray area as there are both two and three post brackets for the B series and which mount you use depends on the bracket, not the engine type.

Perhaps Midnight Performance is trying to sell you some mounts that you don't need.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM

wow are you guys seriously arguing about this i have a gsr eg with integra mounts. and yes CERTAIN*** d series mounts will fit not saying its the best idea,cuase there not made for that motor. best choice is aftermarket. but non the less it works. question answered.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Resident Gearhead

Default Re: (Daammnn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daammnn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow are you guys seriously arguing about this i have a gsr eg with integra mounts. and yes CERTAIN*** d series mounts will fit not saying its the best idea,cuase there not made for that motor. best choice is aftermarket. but non the less it works. question answered.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are right, but the question was answered a few times before your post.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00eddie00(95eg) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow who ever told you b series and d series mounts are f-ing retarded lol just get integra stocvk mounts all around , but if your gonna be pushing your eg to the the limits get hasports, or somthing saround you budget in better aftermarket ones hhhahahahahaha b and d the samehahahahah</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same fitment.

I thrashed on EG w/ B-series and D mounts for years, no problems. My .02
Old 09-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mcvtec)

So to clear up the confusion. I am getting an EG soon with a d15b7 in it. I plan on using 3 stock mounts, the top transmission mount, the rear mount and bracket, and the drivers side top mount and bracket. All brackets and mounts will be D series so they will work? I'm not going to use the Lower mounts, never have.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (revikan)

correct, but you can use your d lower mounts, just use them with the b brackets
Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cehcivic15)

Alright thank you
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (revikan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revikan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So to clear up the confusion. I am getting an EG soon with a d15b7 in it. I plan on using 3 stock mounts, the top transmission mount, the rear mount and bracket, and the drivers side top mount and bracket. All brackets and mounts will be D series so they will work? I'm not going to use the Lower mounts, never have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WRONG u cannot use a d series t/ rear bracket because it doesnt have a split opening to bolt onto a b series tranny.you will need to run a 94+ integra t bracket.
also i would recommend using torque mounts because you will feel your motor shift if u push on it. if your b series swap is coming with torque mounts you can use them so long as you still have your stock civic rubber bushings on the chasis.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (eg_boi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_boi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WRONG u cannot use a d series t/ rear bracket because it doesnt have a split opening to bolt onto a b series tranny.you will need to run a 94+ integra t bracket.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_boi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also i would recommend using torque mounts because you will feel your motor shift if u push on it. if your b series swap is coming with torque mounts you can use them so long as you still have your stock civic rubber bushings on the chasis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea, theres a reason honda put those torque mounts there you know, running without them increases your risk of breaking engine mounts, not really my idea of a good time.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:39 PM

I firmly recommend using the lower mounts if you're using stock upper and rear mounts. I've destroyed a good handful of stock rear mounts by not using the lower mounts. If you decide to run Hasport/Innovative/Etc mounts, I really don't see the need for the lowers.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Trial User

Icon4 Re: (z6hatchboy)

Originally Posted by 00eddie00(95eg)
wow who ever told you b series and d series mounts are f-ing retarded lol just get integra stocvk mounts all around , but if your gonna be pushing your eg to the the limits get hasports, or somthing saround you budget in better aftermarket ones hhhahahahahaha b and d the same hahahahah
so true i know people that waste money just get a swap set like hasports or inovation mounts and be done
Old 10-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Resident Gearhead

Default Re: B swap into EG hatch questions

Still using D mounts for my B engine. Not trouble for 10 years now, mounts are 20 years old.