Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out.

Hi. I have been piecing together this swap for almost a year now. I bought this car around this time of last year. It is a 94 civic eg dx.

Goin in:

B18b1 integra engine, very low miles
Gsr trans
Excedy HF01 flywheel and excedy stg 1 clutch
Enjo mounts
chipped ecu
Msd 6a, exturnal blaster coil
obx cam gears
N1 pulley (alt only)
Probably missing some stuff, but it's mostly stock

Here it is

Day 1

Today, A couple of friend and I removed the present d16z6. We stripped all of the A/C components. Both damaged fenders were removed. They will be replaced.( JDM OEM, no z3's in this town without an *** kicking.)

After getting everything out, I tackled the mnotnous job of cleaning the engine bay.

Hope it doesn't rain, cause Im too exhaisted to clean this mess up...

Well, Ill be up to 9 am tommorow to continue crackin' on this. Ill keep posted.

Thanks for looking
Old 04-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (Jwbetley)

The N1 pulley isn't worth the time IMO. Can't prove or disprove its contribution to bearing failure. Not a good risk IMO.

Cutting the valvecover like that has sucessfully exposed your timing belt to dirt/dust. It should wear out the belt quicker as a result.

Other then that it looks like a very clean engine. I'd ditch the MSD setup also.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (Jwbetley)

it really shouldn't take more than 4 hours for this swap!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (Hybrid93Eg)

nice keep us updated
Old 04-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (thrty8street)

damn you guys are messy, but look like a nice swap keep us posted...
Old 04-08-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (JDMFreak)

replace your brake/clutch fluid, that **** looks dirtyy
Old 04-08-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (2000DX)

Hope u finsh
Old 04-08-2005, 05:57 PM

you wasted money on that N1 pulley ... i've read a bunch of threads about it and a lot of people are saying its not a good pulley because it doesn't have the rubber stabalizer piece in it. for 30 bucks you could've taken the pulley and had it machined down. which is what i did saved me a few bucks
Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (iROCKtheSOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iROCKtheSOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you wasted money on that N1 pulley ... i've read a bunch of threads about it and a lot of people are saying its not a good pulley because it doesn't have the rubber stabalizer piece in it. for 30 bucks you could've taken the pulley and had it machined down. which is what i did saved me a few bucks</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha....did you have it balanced??

did you know HONDA designed the pulley and put it on the b16b?? hmmmm....i'm pretty sure they wouldn't put it there if it killed the engine!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did you know HONDA designed the pulley and put it on the b16b?? hmmmm....i'm pretty sure they wouldn't put it there if it killed the engine!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure they did.. But they also didn't produce it for production vehicles. It was made for the N1 racing circuit. A little different then rolling around on the street everyday for many miles at a time. The point is no one has proved it one way or the other. Its not worth the RISK in my eyes. I have seen some evidence that suggests it WILL cause problems long term with the lack of harmonic dampening.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

Bump for some hard **** on the ground. Luckily I have access to a lift
Old 04-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DavidT or VajT)

nice ls motor very clean good luck
Old 04-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did you know HONDA designed the pulley and put it on the b16b?? hmmmm....i'm pretty sure they wouldn't put it there if it killed the engine!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The CTR N1 pulley did not come on the factory CTR. The N1 pulley was designed for the CTR race car which the motors used in that car were never in there very long!

The CTR pulley is weight balanced but not harmonically balanced which disrupts the internal frequencies of the engine. Theoretically this causes premature bearing wear/failure, but there are no tests to prove either way; and if your intention is a race car then it shouldnt matter. However if you build with the intentions of daily driving in mind then you may want to reconsider its use.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrid_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The CTR N1 pulley did not come on the factory CTR. The N1 pulley was designed for the CTR race car which the motors used in that car were never in there very long!

The CTR pulley is weight balanced but not harmonically balanced which disrupts the internal frequencies of the engine. Theoretically this causes premature bearing wear/failure, but there are no tests to prove either way; and if your intention is a race car then it shouldnt matter. However if you build with the intentions of daily driving in mind then you may want to reconsider its use. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup read this good info http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1283

also check out this new crankn pulley from inline four http://www.inlinefour.com/infourn1encr.html but it doesnt say if its harmonically balanced
Old 04-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dcsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dcsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yup read this good info http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1283

also check out this new crankn pulley from inline four http://www.inlinefour.com/infourn1encr.html but it doesnt say if its harmonically balanced </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanx! I have already read them though, this topic has been debated many times!
Old 04-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice looking swap year for chad and them wouldnt take more than 4 hours but they have dont it a lot of times
Old 04-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (kleanlscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kleanlscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice looking swap year for chad and them wouldnt take more than 4 hours but they have dont it a lot of times </TD></TR></TABLE>

Chad has done a many swaps! He did my first 2 swaps back in the VA days!

He definitely knows what he is doing!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:08 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out. (hybrid_vtec)

I bet your neighbors love you right now
Old 04-09-2005, 09:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dcsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

also check out this new crankn pulley from inline four http://www.inlinefour.com/infourn1encr.html but it doesnt say if its harmonically balanced </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is a harmonic dampener.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jim Truett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It is a harmonic dampener.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jim Truett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It is a harmonic dampener.</TD></TR></TABLE>

opps i missed it =D i might get it now
Old 04-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been at it all day. I am gonna get drunk now, ill just post some more pics wheh in get home
Old 04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jwbetley)

damn that looks fun, i can remember them days workin on my civic
wait till you turbo that thing....

good luck finishing it
Old 04-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jwbetley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jwbetley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been at it all day. I am gonna get drunk now, ill just post some more pics wheh in get home
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you ever need any advice on building your LS dont be afraid to drop me an email!

You can also check out this site:

http://www.nonvtec.com
Old 04-09-2005, 04:59 PM

please let me know about those ENJO motor mounts i am thinking about getting them so PM me when u get the car running. thanks!

Quick Reply: B series Integra / Civic eg swap b18b1. This is my swap, check it out.