Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

azenis on SI wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default azenis on SI wheels...

im about to order a set of azenis for my SI wheels. I own a 99 si. Right now my car is stock height, im planning on just dropping it enough to get rid of wheel gap, which should be 1.5-2 inches. If i get 205/50/15, are they going to rub or they will do fine for my future drop? im very excited to order these tires! haha
Old 07-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: azenis on SI wheels... (kinkyintegra)

The RT615 doesn't come out in that size until november according to their website. None of the other "azenis" come in that size to my knowledge, except maybe the now discontinued versions.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM

http://www.discounttiredirect....ar=50

then whats that?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (kinkyintegra)

You'll be fine. I have a 1.8" drop (eibach sportlines) on my 96 coupe with SI's and they never rub.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:11 PM

yeah but what is suspended hatch talking about? are these the super sticky tires that ive been dreaming to get on my car or are they old ones?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but what is suspended hatch talking about? are these the super sticky tires that ive been dreaming to get on my car or are they old ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

RT615 are the newest ones, Do some research
Old 07-17-2006, 02:15 PM

i know they are but why is suspended hatch telling me they never came in this size and maybe only the older discontinued ones did? ehh whatever im ordering them now.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know they are but why is suspended hatch telling me they never came in this size and maybe only the older discontinued ones did? ehh whatever im ordering them now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure if they have that size or w/e, but if you can read..

There coming out in that size...
The discontinued ones where I think rt-215's?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:20 PM

well obviously if theyre on the site to buy that means they are out....
Old 07-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well obviously if theyre on the site to buy that means they are out....</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay? Then buy them?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (G2 Speed)

i have the 205/50/15 on my hatch
no rubs with 2.25" drop

my friend has 205/*/17 on his em1 but diff tire and it doesnt rub
Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 PM

awesome, are these tires very good in the rain?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome, are these tires very good in the rain?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not the best, but there okay

these tires are more dedicated for autocross etc.. etc..

and if you go to the track..
Old 07-17-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: (G2 Speed)

friend has same tires in a eg hatch on coilovers on the lowest possible setting 4-4.5" and he barely rubs while turning you will be fine.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:44 PM

im just getting these because we live basically in the mountains so its a lot of fun driving on the mountain roads, i hate it when you take a turn too fast and your *** end whips out
Old 07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im just getting these because we live basically in the mountains so its a lot of fun driving on the mountain roads, i hate it when you take a turn too fast and your *** end whips out</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh sweet y0!.. I hope you do some dirty m@d vtack turns... and slide off the mountain and die

******* Ricers
Old 07-17-2006, 02:56 PM

i hate people like you....always talk about how unsafe and stupid people are......you make it seem like you drive the speed limit at all times, never go above 5k rpms and never take a turn going faster than usual.....so whats the point of suspension work? to make your car look lower?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate people like you....always talk about how unsafe and stupid people are......you make it seem like you drive the speed limit at all times, never go above 5k rpms and never take a turn going faster than usual.....so whats the point of suspension work? to make your car look lower?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you hate people like me why?

so going above 5k rpm is considered racing?
Why would I take a turn faster then my car can handle?
95% of suspension work that people do on here is to make your car look lower, and some handling
Find out, out of how many people that have a lowered car or "suspension set up" go to the track on weekends

Thanks for coming out though
Old 07-17-2006, 03:06 PM

no but im asking dont you push your car? and thats bullshit never taking it past what it can handle. then how do you know what your car can handle, obviously you can take a turn faster than the speed limit. Whatever its just going to be back and forth between me and you...go ahead and think im a ricer and ill think youre an idiot.
About suspension work, im sure many people want a stiffer ride SO that they can take their car past its previous limits....if i wanted a lower ride then i would just buy some ebay coilovers.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no but im asking dont you push your car? and thats bullshit never taking it past what it can handle. then how do you know what your car can handle, obviously you can take a turn faster than the speed limit. Whatever its just going to be back and forth between me and you...go ahead and think im a ricer and ill think youre an idiot.
About suspension work, im sure many people want a stiffer ride SO that they can take their car past its previous limits....if i wanted a lower ride then i would just buy some ebay coilovers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would I push my car, there is nothing to push it's a god damn civic
You know when your losing traction when your tires start squeling, and I have a great feel for my car so.., Who said anything about taking a turn faster then the speed limit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kinkyintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im just getting these because we live basically in the mountains so its a lot of fun driving on the mountain roads, i hate it when you take a turn too fast and your *** end whips out</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you should learn to drive

ricer ^^
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM

^^^ WORD!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (M2nR22)

Hm, I don't know what that is. But what's this?

http://www.falkentire.com/rt615_sizes.html

And this?

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

One thing I can say about Discount Tire is that I will probably never buy from them again.

I'm going for some Kumho Ecsta SPTs for now. These will be good street tires anyway. For track tires I'll probably have to suck it up and get some 16 inch rims. Sucks. Given the choice, I'd rock 14 inchers but my brakes wont clear and there's not much performance tire selection in that size.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 AM

i dont get it suspended hatch, what did discount tire do wrong? i got 205/50/15, then you go and show me a link from the falken site about how they have them....i dont see anything wrong with this. Please elaborate.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hole point of buyin good suspension nd sticky tires is to push ur car to the limit but in a safe way especially when u live in a aera that got mountains nd alot of turns that were the fun starts not just racin in a straight line
Old 07-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: azenis on SI wheels... (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The RT615 doesn't come out in that size until november according to their website. None of the other "azenis" come in that size to my knowledge, except maybe the now discontinued versions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've had them on my car for 2 months now - my previous tires were the Azenis Sport (first version) also in 205/50/15

I'm not sure what you are talking about.......

Quick Reply: azenis on SI wheels...